Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-08-2015, 11:14 AM

Default Wanna go fishing?

Hello everyone, I'm in Red Deer and I'm looking for anyone who wants to do some fishing in the area. Msg me anytime.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:52 PM

Default River fishing friend

Who wants to fish the NSRiver. Looking for a friend to fish the Edmonton area.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:15 AM

Hey everyone! I'll be moving to Edmonton soon and would love to go fishing! Don't know the area at all, could anyone help me out?
Old 04-13-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsley_smith View Post
Hey everyone! I'll be moving to Edmonton soon and would love to go fishing! Don't know the area at all, could anyone help me out?
The North Sask. River is great, little early still in my opinion. Wabamun lake is close, great Lake to fish, it's all catch and release.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Og Dumi View Post
The North Sask. River is great, little early still in my opinion. Wabamun lake is close, great Lake to fish, it's all catch and release.

Thank you. I'll be doing lots of exploring once I get out there, I'll be sure to check it out. What kind of fish is in Wabamun lake?
Old 04-13-2015, 06:20 PM

I've only had luck with Pike, walleye and perch but there is whitefish I believe in there as well
Old 04-14-2015, 07:28 PM

I live in red deer someone take me fishing Id like company I'll buy lunch pm me I have all gear
Old 05-07-2015, 05:16 AM

This is a good idea! It's better to have a fishing partner rather than being alone. Waiting for a catch sometimes takes too long so better do it with a partner
Old 05-08-2015, 01:50 PM

Wink May long weekend

Haven't fish for a long while. Wondering if anyone would company with me to go somewhere near Edmonton while I am visiting from Calgary
Old 05-23-2015, 01:07 PM

Looking for someone with a boat in cold lake or bonnyville
Area that wouldn't mind taking me and my brother out to do
Some fishing. We were shut down for a couple days for the forest fire on the cold lake weapons range. More than happy to help pay for gas. Thanks in advance!
Old 05-31-2015, 01:03 PM

Default Need to get out!

Grew up fishing in northern Manitoba, and it's been years since I've been out. Looking for spots near Edmonton; interested in shore fishing or tagging along with someone who has a boat. Willing to share costs.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:09 PM

I am thinking about trying Kananaskis Lakes this weekend but would be flying solo. If interested in meeting up or tagging along let me know. I have an extra kayak I can bring.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:16 PM

Default north sask in edmonton

hi i live in edmonton and im fairly new to fishing the river im looking for someone to go out with that can help show me how to river fish effectively
im available most evenings and sundays thanks
Old 06-06-2015, 11:09 AM

Default Calgary Area

Hey everybody,

I'm a fairly recent transplant to Calgary from the Maritimes and I'm looking to do some fishing. Been out a few times this year but no real luck. If anybody would like to meet up or had some tips for this new to Alberta fisherman that would be very much appreciated! I have no fly gear or no boat, so it's the shore and spinner gear for this guy.
Thanks everybody!
Jim
Old 06-07-2015, 12:06 PM

I'm off work for the next little while and looking for someone in the Calgary area to go fishing with during the week. I have a boat, truck and all the gear, just need some company and we'll split fuel costs. PM me if you're interested in day trips from Calgary during the week. Cheers,

Rob
Old 06-09-2015, 11:19 AM

Hello All I am new to the forum and fairly new to fishing in Alberta and am looking for someone to head out with this Saturday morning.

I have been out 3 times this year, once on McGregor, and twice on Badger which I am a big fan of, and of those times I have caught about 30 pike. I do have a boat, life jackets etc. All you need is a rod and tackle.

Depending on weather I plan on heading back to Badger unless you know a better lake, Saturday around 7am to retrieve a pike that stole my lure. If anyone is interested in going I can pick you up in the south preferably Shawnessy or Sundance area.

A little about me, in case your wondering, I moved here from Ontario 8 years ago, and as I mentioned am starting to get into fishing here in Alberta. I do smoke but if you're not I am fairly respectful. I am also quasy 420 friendly? If that is your thing.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:03 PM

Default one island lake

I am a dedicated fly angler and will be spending a day on one island lake south of Dawson Creek B.C. I will be going through either Grande Prairie or Dawson (depends on response) Looking for an interested companion willing to put in a long day on the water fly fishing... I will be heading out early this sunday june 14.. I will be driving a long distance to fish so I will be planning on a very full day on the water.. PM me if you are interested in joining me.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:02 AM

Hey everyone looking to see if there is anyone in the grande prairie area looking for a fishing partner of anyone wants to go let me know thanks
Old 07-04-2015, 08:49 AM

16.25 inch rainbow ricky7

14.25 inch cutthroat
Old 07-04-2015, 06:32 PM

Looking for someone to go fishing with. Im fairly new to river fishing, Used to fish for Carp a lot back home in the UK, which was mainly small ponds. Not really sure what im doing or not doing right lol. been out 5 days so far and every time i get skunked, even at locations im told are fishing fairly well.

I live in Edmonton on the south side, and have been solely fishing the NSR so far. was looking into trout at hermitage park, but heard about the poaching of 400+ fish by 2 business owners , which has made the fishing non existant there.

I can got to anywhere within an hour max of the city limits, mainly would be looking for something on a sunday.

Thanks

Jon
Old 07-07-2015, 11:36 AM

Smile any tips

What is the trick to fish Carp? Aren't they vegetarian?
Old 07-07-2015, 04:59 PM

Anyone here fish around Grande Cache? I'm looking for someone else to hit the rivers up.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:13 PM

Where near grande cache ?
Old 07-10-2015, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_country View Post
Where near grande cache ?
Anywhere lol
Old 07-10-2015, 05:05 PM

Hi campers and fishermen. heads up! just spent a few days at shaws point resort on lesser slave lake near high prairie, ab. won`t ever go back! what a rip off resort and nasty staff and managers. paid for 30 amp power and water - never could run the air conditioner and never could have a shower in my rv. breakers kept tripping and no water pressure. apparently this happens all the time! hey owners you need to update your equipment. asked for a refund. lady manager said no way but would give me a rain check. I don't want a rain check I want my money back! The staff in the store were rude and grouchy and zero for customer service. old and cranky! cant make reservations so you go there not knowing what you are going to get for a campsite. we got a site alright. no trees no shade and sitting in the open n 30c . wont go back.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:22 AM

Sweetcorn, and patience we used to use baits you cant get here easily too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boilie

which is fished like this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boilie

which would be used with this , the mixed bait on the plastic frame acts as your casting weight, and when in the water acts as an attractant for any fish nearby. The trick was to have a different bait on your hook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMlF9NCCbZg

video of what we used to let us know if we had a fish on the hook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfzWCUjz4CQ

video of some nice size carp
Old 07-17-2015, 04:52 PM

Wink carp fishing

Thank you jonkemper.

May be I could try to make my own Boilie.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:33 PM

Bored oil guy with no work wondering if anyone wants to go fishing around Calgary. I have a boat and gear and a way of pulling it, just looking for company as my usual fishing partners have those weird jobs that tie them up mon-fri.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:37 PM

Default Ladies lets get out !

I have all the gear, boat, and ride. Just out of a 14 year relationship and have most weekends off, my fisher woman might be around here lol....pm me
Old 07-29-2015, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxcore View Post
I have all the gear, boat, and ride. Just out of a 14 year relationship and have most weekends off, my fisher woman might be around here lol....pm me
I have a wig and lip stick, when we going?...