Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-01-2009, 10:24 PM

I think Loon has been busy with a new baby and he is training for a MMA fight coming up in edmonton. Havent been out to Obed lately but as soon as i do I will post an update.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:05 PM

Default Happy Trails

Hey, I was just wondering if there were any ATV/dirtbike trails around the obed vicinity? Also, I do believe that the fish population is growing again! I have seen an increase in minoes over the past 2 years. I think I better start fishing too, cus i am out there a lot at my cabin, on the other side of the lake, and I'll have the opurtunity to learn all the hot spots.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:02 AM
Banned

you probably know my friend if you live on obed...he just bought a dirtbike
Old 07-02-2009, 01:26 AM

I'm going to be putting the float tube to work on obed for sometime between Tuesday and Friday. Unlikely that I'll make it to the creek but I'll work every inch of the deep stuff. Any pattern suggestions??

If I ever draw my sword on you, may the good lord strike me dead.

Luck is just an excuse for poor fishing

B.O.G warriors for life!!! Boots On the Ground!!
Old 07-02-2009, 10:25 AM

Hey FP,

I haven't been to Obed this year (have been by it a time or two on the way to JNP), I guess I'm not up to the self inflicted torture that is Obed yet!! Anyway, for me large streamers are the way to go!

Good luck, let us know how it goes .

Ayr.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:26 PM

Default hey fisherp

fishing obed in a float tube isnt a good idea at all. if you after trout fishing in a tube really limits your options. you dont want to start out with a handicap on a lake lke obed. fishing browns in a food factory with very clear water and pesky perch and suckers is hard enough as is. also, if a west wind catches you by surprise you could be in for a very long and miserable night. i have been "stuck" on the farside for hours several times and thats in a small aluminium with an electric motor and oars.
play it safe and stick around the launch.
if i go out there friday evening and see you i will be sure to offer you a seat in my boat for the evening.
good luck
Old 11-18-2010, 07:38 PM

hey big bear could you also send me a picture/s of you patterns thanks. i wontbe about shouting them out t will be safe with me hope you an trust me
Old 11-20-2010, 09:31 PM

could you also pm me some patterns to? thanks i will keep em safe
Old 02-16-2011, 08:46 PM

Hi Im a teen and im just starting to really get into fishing. I live close to the lake and im going to start to fish it from the shore this June. Do you guys know any place I could try from the shore?
Old 02-16-2011, 09:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew1996 View Post
Hi Im a teen and im just starting to really get into fishing. I live close to the lake and im going to start to fish it from the shore this June. Do you guys know any place I could try from the shore?
I have fished that lake alot and it will be extremely hard to catch fish from the shore as that lake is VERY shallow all around. the only deep part is the dogleg which is across the lake from the boat launch.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterSkeeter View Post
I have fished that lake alot and it will be extremely hard to catch fish from the shore as that lake is VERY shallow all around. the only deep part is the dogleg which is across the lake from the boat launch.
You can catch perch from the shore at the far point across the lake but you need a boat to get there..lol
Old 02-17-2011, 04:34 PM

Oh well that sorta sucks. Do you guys now anywhere around obed to go fishing. Anygood places on the McLoed?