Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-22-2012, 01:31 PM

Default #*&$@&#

Well my oldest son (married with kids) borrowed my ice fishing gear so that he go to Sylvan for the day with buddies, they popped into a Timmies on the way up, came out and some greedy bugger made off with my Eskimo wide bottom shelter and stingray auger and a couple of his rods. I guess the greedy ba@$trd needed it more than me, gone are the days of honesty and good will.

Certainly don't blame my son and we already claimed a truckload of hail insurance this year so don't want to go that route. Guess I godda start saving again. Just a tip for you guys, mark your equipment. my next tent and auger will have my name painted on it big time.

My blog - casting on the waters

fishing regulations and facts on fish handling
Fishing Regulations
Old 12-22-2012, 02:11 PM

Wow...sorry to hear that Lornce....Thats terrible, hope you get set back up and out fishin....hope the Fishin god's smile down upon you on your next trip.

I never leave anything worth a buck in my truck anymore...if i do, one guy stays in it....too bad it has to come to that !!
Old 12-22-2012, 02:39 PM

thats so weak sorry to hear about it , damn theives i would keep an eye on kijiji in case the Pr*cks try to sell it
Old 12-22-2012, 03:00 PM
Banned

sorry to hear about your loss. seems pretty brazen of those a-holes to grab big items like that in a busy timmies parking lot. i agree about marking all your valuables but that won't stop them from stealing them in the first place. i sure hope you reported the theft to rcmp. never know when your stuff might be recovered.
i had my power auger stolen a couple years ago and still haven't replaced it.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:05 PM

Thumbs down buggers

make sure you call pawn shops to they mite be looking for quick cash if yu find em be nice to meet em!!! be bad day for them
Old 12-22-2012, 03:07 PM

Brutal... What is wong with people these days...
Old 12-22-2012, 03:07 PM
Gone Hunting

It\s unfortunate that all we can do is empathize with you. The SOB"S that stole your gear are obviously from the shallow end of the gene pool and unfortunately even if you do catch them there is no legal consequence.
We can all offer suggestions on what to do when they are caught, but none will ever happen.

You may try giving us a detailed list of gear with any identifiable features. A lot of us are on the ice.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 12-22-2012, 03:41 PM

Were is Dexter when you need him
Old 12-22-2012, 03:45 PM

Sorry to hear!

I had a similar thing happen to us last year in Rocky, we stopped at the Extra foods to grab something for supper on our way home from Twins lake. Came out of the store and seen my tailgate was down and made off with my sled full of ice fishing gear, 10" Eskimo auger and tent.

It really sucks when a guy can't even leave his truck for 5 minutes without someone stealing your gear! Society is really hitting an all time low! A guy can only wish to catch someone doing it red handed and inflict some good old fashion red neck justice on the butts!
Old 12-22-2012, 04:13 PM

I'm sorry to hear that man.

Are you coming up to Edmonton any time soon?

I'll buy you some jigs/tackle to get your collection back open.

It's not much but it's a start.

I've been burned when some thieves took my boat motor shortly after purchasing it. I know the frustration and aggravation you're going through.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:20 PM

Im hunting for a power auger myself. I know whats been on kijiji for the last month. While continuing to look, i will keep u posted if a similar one turns up!

Further more, when i do find a power auger, you can have my manual free of charge. I know its nothing compared to what you lost but its a start!
Old 12-22-2012, 04:23 PM

Thats sucks..ive been there... ive had someone steal a leupold scope at the range that i had on quick release rings
Old 12-22-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
It\s unfortunate that all we can do is empathize with you. The SOB"S that stole your gear are obviously from the shallow end of the gene pool and unfortunately even if you do catch them there is no legal consequence.
We can all offer suggestions on what to do when they are caught, but none will ever happen.

You may try giving us a detailed list of gear with any identifiable features. A lot of us are on the ice.
One of the (few) reasons I miss Belfast, Ireland. We had our own brand of justice, and it certainly worked !! Cops were never involved :-)
Old 12-22-2012, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWB View Post
I'm sorry to hear that man.

Are you coming up to Edmonton any time soon?

I'll buy you some jigs/tackle to get your collection back open.

It's not much but it's a start.

I've been burned when some thieves took my boat motor shortly after purchasing it. I know the frustration and aggravation you're going through.
Appreciate that but have all my rods and tackle, just my shelter and auger.

Fishing Regulations
Old 12-22-2012, 05:48 PM

Default honesty and good will

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornce View Post
. gone are the days of honesty and good will.
SO true and too bad for the loss.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Appreciate that but have all my rods and tackle, just my shelter and auger.
All good.

If I had excess ice fishing stuff i'd donate it. As it is, I'm
Just getting set up this year.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:14 PM

I often think nothing of leaving my gear in the box of the truck when I run into the store, I'll be more mindful in the future. Sorry for the loss man.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:38 PM

I just want to thank all of your for the very kind wishes. I'll get set up again eventually, nice to see the outpouring from this community.

Fishing Regulations
Old 12-22-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Well my oldest son (married with kids) borrowed my ice fishing gear so that he go to Sylvan for the day with buddies, they popped into a Timmies on the way up, came out and some greedy bugger made off with my Eskimo wide bottom shelter and stingray auger and a couple of his rods. I guess the greedy ba@$trd needed it more than me, gone are the days of honesty and good will.

Certainly don't blame my son and we already claimed a truckload of hail insurance this year so don't want to go that route. Guess I godda start saving again. Just a tip for you guys, mark your equipment. my next tent and auger will have my name painted on it big time.
Phone it in to RCMP because they will get survailance cameras in area maybe .. but its is sad sorry to hear of your loss

David
Old 12-22-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckle55 View Post
Phone it in to RCMP because they will get survailance cameras in area maybe .. but its is sad sorry to hear of your loss

David
Was already done.

Fishing Regulations
Old 12-22-2012, 07:02 PM

Yep lock it or loose it these days....I have to still believe there are more good guys then bad out there, but those few A****s sure do make it bad for all of us. That sucks....nothing worse then busting your balls at work te get a few dollars to treat yourself to something you relly enjoy to have some dirty S**t Head bumb around all day and steal it so he can put a few rocks in his crack pipe....makes a guy want to scream!!!!!
Old 12-22-2012, 07:33 PM
Banned

Default theft

it really sucks that there are alot of dishonest people in our world today.hope somebody catches them and tunes them good.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:46 PM

Perhaps we need to set a trap for these theifs and catch them then take them fishing as I see that is what they want. But I wonder how long they will hold their breath since they will be bait. Lol
Old 12-22-2012, 08:28 PM

That sucks big time, I lost a hand auger and a bucket full of rods and things out of the back of my truck last year in Sylvan, I stopped for a quick coffee at Tims , decided to go inside because the drive thru was packed.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:36 PM

Sorry to hear about what happened to you. I live in Sylvan and know exactly what yu are talking about. Ive caught thieves red handed! My popup shack is on Sylvan, pretty wore out and hard to set up so I left it out there today. Ill take it back down in the Spring if it is still there. You are welcome to use it any time Im not sitting in it :-) Also if you hear there is an "abandoned" Eskimo shack out there, you know about this one already :-)
Old 12-22-2012, 09:01 PM
Banned

Sucks to hear that.

Did they get all your flies?
Old 12-22-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
Sucks to hear that.

Did they get all your flies?
No flies, but those are easy to tie if they where taken.

Fishing Regulations
Old 12-23-2012, 08:56 AM

Hit the Fishing Hole yesterday and picked up a few ice fishing rod adn reel combos for my son and his kids. Extra presents for those that he lost, by the way nice selection down there and as always since I've shopped there for all these years great service.

Fishing Regulations
Old 12-23-2012, 12:13 PM

time for good locking canopy
Old 12-23-2012, 04:04 PM

Pretty soon we will have 12v 360 deg camera small enough to mount on a vehicle that will transmit warning and pics to a guys smartphone if someone gets within 10ft of a guys truck.
I use a tree stand cable lock on my Auger/chainsaw or anything else I can secure, anything that slows em down can only help.