Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-28-2014, 06:48 AM

I'm still %100 for paid hunting. I call it the PAGE program - Pay at gate entrance
Old 11-28-2014, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtimoseMan View Post
I'm still %100 for paid hunting. I call it the PAGE program - Pay at gate entrance
In cash preferably. How much?
I'm in agreement with you. Many have a way of thinking that they are doing us a favour.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:31 AM

Last edited by coreya3212; 11-28-2014 at 07:45 AM.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreya3212 View Post
Haha. will have to agree to disagree I suppose. Maybe one last question though. From your earlier post about ramp and all the good it did for the young hunters blah blah blah...other than the money, what's stopping you from doing everything the same as when the public was paying you?
I pretty well do everything the same , except allow anyone but family to hunt. If I'm holding land that is prime hunting habitat and nobody can pay to hunt it, well then only family uses it . Still get the trespassers that we have to run off though. Sometimes it's more fun spotting and stalking them . Sometimes it's a real pain in the but.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:33 AM

That's sounds about right...
Old 11-28-2014, 08:47 AM

One last thing for those wanting paid hunting do your research and actually talk to those who run hunting leases. You will find out fast it will not solve the problems you face now. It does not make poachers/trespassers stop and comes with some new issues.

I have already done the above and do not see it helping the farmers or hunters.

Only ranches that limited their problem with paid hunting were high fence Texas ranches.

Not going to argue on a forum anymore about paid hunting but will stand up against paid hunting if a proposal is put forward.

Sorry to hear slobs have disrespected too many landowners giving the honest a black eye.
Old 11-28-2014, 11:05 AM

[QUOTE=Redfrog;2635305]
Quote:
Originally Posted by snroth View Post

Can you show us any that said a landowner must allow access because the animals belong to everyone?
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...js=1#community
Old 11-28-2014, 11:16 AM
Gone Hunting

[QUOTE=snroth;2635717]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Thanks Which post are you refering to. I slogged through thatb thread the first time, I won't go through it again. Just tell me the post number.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 11-28-2014, 11:17 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtimoseMan View Post
No answers to my questions???

Just the pitter patter of little coyote feet.

No one said you had to let anyone on your land. Get over yourself.

Old 11-28-2014, 11:24 AM

What's your question? Are you referring to post 144.
Old 11-28-2014, 11:41 AM
Gone Hunting

Norwestalta, nope. I'm refering to the post quoted and the name caller who posted it.

I think you are refering to my question abiout the $1500/ 1/4, RAMP fee.

I wondered why it was worth $1500 to allow a couple hunters access when the rental on grazing lease in some areas is a few hundred dollars for a bunch of cattle.

just curious.

Another Landowner referenced 'prime hunting area" .

Wonder what he had to do to make it so/

Outside of the paid hunting issue, I really don't see a lot of daylight between a landowner's concerns and my POV.

It all comes down to respect.

Yes I'm a landowner and yes I've refused access sometimes. My land my rules. Charging someone an access fee will NOT solve the problems.

People pay to stay at a motel. Do they clean the rooms and make the beds themselves, or do they complain to the desk about the other temporary tenants.

Be careful what you wish for. Turn access into a fee based situation and see how much liability insurance costs. Extra taxes, etc.

Old 11-28-2014, 11:49 AM

I don't think it'll solve any problems either but it should be up to the landowners to decide if the want to charge and how much. I'm more than happy with the arrangement I have with the people that hunt my land. They follow the rules I deem are fair and everyone I think leaves happy only to come back the next year.
Old 11-28-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Norwestalta, nope. I'm refering to the post quoted and the name caller who posted it.

I wondered why it was worth $1500 to allow a couple hunters access when the rental on grazing lease in some areas is a few hundred dollars for a bunch of cattle.

just curious.

Outside of the paid hunting issue, I really don't see a lot of daylight between a landowner's concerns and my POV.

Yes I'm a landowner and yes I've refused access sometimes. My land my rules. Charging someone an access fee will NOT solve the problems.

People pay to stay at a motel. Do they clean the rooms and make the beds themselves, or do they complain to the desk about the other temporary tenants.

Be careful what you wish for. Turn access into a fee based situation and see how much liability insurance costs. Extra taxes, etc.
Prime hunting under the Ramp program was land that govt biologists deemed
Prime . It's not what I did but what I didn't do. I didn't farm it , overgraze , drain sloughs, clear bush. Ya paid ACCESS won't solve all problems but since I have to be out there anyway watching my assets it was nice to be involved in the program. Every hunter who participated on my property said it was a good experiance .
Old 11-28-2014, 12:23 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwestalta View Post
I don't think it'll solve any problems either but it should be up to the landowners to decide if the want to charge and how much. I'm more than happy with the arrangement I have with the people that hunt my land. They follow the rules I deem are fair and everyone I think leaves happy only to come back the next year.
The principal is unsound as some one with way more money than you will buy all the good land and no one will hunt . Germans, yanks , Saudis, brits....why cant we learn from the mistakes of others go try to hunt in the uk on public land or in germany. Paid access criminalizes the hunting populace based on profit. Me walking across a feild or 1/4 of bush costs you nothing...but you would profit from next to no sevice renderd. If you wouldn't sell to the big money they just fence you in .slippery slope I oppose three thumbs down for any form of paid access or hunting .
Old 11-28-2014, 12:24 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by landowner View Post
Prime hunting under the Ramp program was land that govt biologists deemed
Prime . It's not what I did but what I didn't do. I didn't farm it , overgraze , drain sloughs, clear bush. Ya paid ACCESS won't solve all problems but since I have to be out there anyway watching my assets it was nice to be involved in the program. Every hunter who participated on my property said it was a good experiance .
Did you do these things to make life for the animals better or because it wasn't worht the expense to farm/ranch it?

Old 11-28-2014, 12:30 PM

Fg you don't think that this is not already happening. Lots of people out of country coming here to farm. You're right there is no harm you strolling across my property but you're seem to be missing the point that it doesn't belong to you. I know it's a hard concept to grasp for some.
Old 11-28-2014, 12:39 PM

Fishgunner. Why do you want to hunt on private land that you have no permission on when there is more crown land available to hunt on then you'll ever see in a lifetime?
Old 11-28-2014, 12:53 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwestalta View Post
Fishgunner. Why do you want to hunt on private land that you have no permission on when there is more crown land available to hunt on then you'll ever see in a lifetime?
I have no need or wish to hunt land that I have no permission on , I simply wish free access to wild life that is held in the public trust. I want to stop you from creating a value to wildlife that is not yours . Ie land with no critters worthless.
Old 11-28-2014, 12:54 PM
Banned

Quote:

just curious.

Most landowners already carry public liability insurance.
Old 11-28-2014, 12:57 PM
Gone Hunting

Of course they do. Now tell the insurance company that you charge people to access your land and see if they think you are covered.

Old 11-28-2014, 12:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
I have no need or wish to hunt land that I have no permission on , I simply wish free access to wild life that is held in the public trust. I want to stop you from creating a value to wildlife that is not yours . Ie land with no critters worthless.
Is wildlife of value to you?
Old 11-28-2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
I'm still confused. Lol. You do have free access. Just need permission. Land is worth more if it comes with deer scrapes or moose shat? News to me.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Of course they do. Now tell the insurance company that you charge people to access your land and see if they think you are covered.
No different than allowing them free access to hunt.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
So you are saying that I have to have insurance for charging access for what ever reason?
Old 11-28-2014, 01:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
The principal is unsound as some one with way more money than you will buy all the good land and no one will hunt . Germans, yanks , Saudis, brits....why cant we learn from the mistakes of others go try to hunt in the uk on public land or in germany. Paid access criminalizes the hunting populace based on profit. Me walking across a feild or 1/4 of bush costs you nothing...but you would profit from next to no sevice renderd. If you wouldn't sell to the big money they just fence you in .slippery slope I oppose three thumbs down for any form of paid access or hunting .
Paid access does not criminalize anyone any more than a NO HUNTING sign does.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:06 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by expmler View Post
Is wildlife of value to you?
Nope I cannot profit from said wild life ie sell the game.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:09 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by expmler View Post
Paid access does not criminalize anyone any more than a NO HUNTING sign does.
Which imo is a paper crime no different than most of c68. With a no trespass presuming guilt of the public. Trespass is in its intent an additional charge for wrong doing . Not intended to be a charge unto its self .
Old 11-28-2014, 01:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
The land owner would not be selling the game, he is selling opportunity.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Which imo is a paper crime no different than most of c68. With a no trespass presuming guilt of the public. Trespass is in its intent an additional charge for wrong doing . Not intended to be a charge unto its self .
You step on private land without permission and you are trespassing. Doesn't matter what your intent.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Does a butcher profit from wildlife when he charges to make deer sausage?