Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-11-2007, 11:46 PM
sirmike68

Default Turtle Lake Saskatchewan?

I just booked a cabin at Turtle lake. I have never been there but the cabin look great so what the heck. Anybody ever fished it and can pass on some pointers? I'll be there 3rd week of June.

THX
Old 04-12-2007, 09:15 AM
FiveO

Default Turtle lake

Fished the lake about 5 years ago and didnt have any luck. I think the lake is better known for water skiing etc. I did see a couple walleye on a drop off cruising but no takers. Its a nice place but a little like Wally World with all the kids. If you have kids they have a nice beach and they wont get bored.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:54 AM
sirmike68

Default Turtle Lake

Well it sounds like my kids are going to have fun.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:07 PM
mikeo2

Default Re: Turtle Lake

Turtle can be good fishing. There are some monster Pike and decent walleye in there. When we had a cabin there the RCMP dive team out of Saskatoon was doing a practise dive there and one of the divers was telling us that there are some of the biggest pike they have ever seen in there while diving. Try in the north end around the island for pike and around Indian point for walleye, ask someone around the lake and they will tell you how to get to Indian point. The lake does get fairly busy with skiers and boaters though.