Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-10-2016, 01:56 PM

Default Zodiac boat repair

Wondering if anyone has any idea what I could use to reinforce floor on my 14 foot zodiac boat. I would like to glue new floor sections on top of current floor. The current floor has holes and floor always fills with water (to many shallow River trips) been a great boat want to keep using it.
Old 04-10-2016, 05:25 PM

Auto Marine in Calgary does excellent repair work on Zodiacs and their prices are good to.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:54 PM

I agree with Auto Marine. Good prices. BEL
Old 04-10-2016, 07:19 PM

Thanks for the tip...I have an old Zodiac Mk II that needs some repairs. Haven't used it for 6 years or so but want to hit some trout lakes.

Sent them an email and see what they say.

Thanks, Ken
Old 04-11-2016, 11:54 AM

Default River raft material

I had a Zodiac for about 28 years, and we used it a lot for river floats, including on some pretty wild stretches. Since the bottoms are not very abrasion/cut resistant, after its second year of use I glued a layer of Taymor river raft material (which I got at the time from the local river raft dealer - it came in lengths off a roll for patching) on the bottom. It was a bit of a job to get it all molded properly to the curved bottom of the inflated boat, but it worked.With a little regluing and silicone edging of the seams every year it lasted many years until I gave the boat away, and that material never was punctured. I imagine one could do this on the inside, but that would leave the Zodiac material exposed and being ripped, etc. - so unless you somehow got a very tight and permanent seal to the inside of the pontoons, I don't think it will solve the issue as well as adding the material on the outside (?).
Old 04-24-2016, 08:04 AM

Google zodiac repairs, you need to order in good glue and material. Two types of material and glue based on material (ie age of zodiac - havalon or pvc). My zodiac is +25 yrs and I've made many many repairs.....some very major!