Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-10-2009, 09:53 AM

Default zodiak repairs

My neighbor doesn't own a computer and was asking me if I new where a guy could get his zodiak repaired needs it patched/glued or something he blew something? He was also looking for a pump for it? Yeah I'm bored, and he needs a computer. thanks in advance your advice.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:04 AM

Default Zodiak repair

If in Calgary you can tell your neighbor he can take his boat to Auto Marine Specialties Ltd. They are located at 4718 1 st SW (just off Macleod trail) phone # is 403-287-2120. www.automarine.ca I've had some work done their and was very happy with the service.

Russ C
Old 08-10-2009, 10:39 AM

Thanks Russ I appreciate it... hoping to find something in edmonton but I'm down there twice a month so if I don't find anything close to home here I'll take it with me apparently it's a blow up piece for the bow it actually come's out and is small enough to carry under your arm.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:05 PM

Default zodiak repair

try brian at Zebec on argyll and about 95 street.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:20 PM

Tell him to fix it himself. You can buy the glue anywhere. I bought some on Saturday for mine at Auto Marine Specialties in Calgary. They charge $75 for the 1qt can and a bottle of hardener. But I think a prerson can get it much cheaper somewhere else. I would think you can get it at Gregs or Acklands. I needed all of about 4 tablespoons for my repair.

http://www.rema.com/cold_adhesive/prodb.htm
The stuff is called SC 4000. The hardener is called E 40. It is made by Rema Tip Top. I should have gone and checked it out before spending the money they wanted there. But I didn't have the luxury of time.

One thing I'd never do is bring another motor in to Auto Marine Specialties in Calgary. I took my 9.8 Merc there and they did the water pump which is ONE thing I wanted them to do. But also wanted it running. He said he had it running. $175.00 I have never had it work for me to this day. That was two years ago. Also took it into B$L Marine this spring. They said it worked just fine. $225.00. I took it out on a lake and gas spewed out the carb. It did not run. I took it home put it on a stand and also found now the bottom end prop seal is out of it. So far spent $400 and it's still not running. Man I'm impressed with both those shops.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:14 PM

Awesome thanks guys I'm thinking I'll track down some ofthis adhesive and we'll try it out ourselves the boat runs okay with out this piece in there but he's got a 40hp motor for it he thinks it will plain much better.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:38 PM

a coleman electric pump works great on these big beasts and then a top up with a high pressure foot pump (tell him to check aquamarine's website)
Old 08-13-2009, 02:20 PM

make sure you sand the patch and the boat.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:33 AM

Smile

Great point TM. Make sure you rough it up good. That way the glue will have something to adhere to.

Mooseknuckle, were you able to find the stuff in Edmonton?
Old 08-14-2009, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
Tell him to fix it himself. You can buy the glue anywhere. I bought some on Saturday for mine at Auto Marine Specialties in Calgary. They charge $75 for the 1qt can and a bottle of hardener. But I think a prerson can get it much cheaper somewhere else. I would think you can get it at Gregs or Acklands. I needed all of about 4 tablespoons for my repair.

http://www.rema.com/cold_adhesive/prodb.htm
The stuff is called SC 4000. The hardener is called E 40. It is made by Rema Tip Top. I should have gone and checked it out before spending the money they wanted there. But I didn't have the luxury of time.

One thing I'd never do is bring another motor in to Auto Marine Specialties in Calgary. I took my 9.8 Merc there and they did the water pump which is ONE thing I wanted them to do. But also wanted it running. He said he had it running. $175.00 I have never had it work for me to this day. That was two years ago. Also took it into B$L Marine this spring. They said it worked just fine. $225.00. I took it out on a lake and gas spewed out the carb. It did not run. I took it home put it on a stand and also found now the bottom end prop seal is out of it. So far spent $400 and it's still not running. Man I'm impressed with both those shops.
I've got a good set of oars for sale, Rob!!
Old 08-14-2009, 08:55 AM

Hey Kingfisher, Take the merc into SAIT's small engine lab and see if they will fix it for you. The future mechanics get a chance to work on something that has been messed with and it should be cheap. Go now before the doors open or call to see if they still do this.