Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-18-2018, 12:05 PM

Default Truck was stolen last night

Had my 2003 Ford F-350 4 door 6.0L diesel stolen in Lloydminster last night. Truck is lifted with 305/60r18 Cepek fun countries on Weld renegade rims painted black. Truck is grey with chrome rocker panels, fake Lund hood scoops , pre-runner light bar with 3 sets of lights , aluminum tool box, rear airbags , traction bars , dual exhaust and a very unique aluminum rear diff cover with an iron cross on it. Engine is noticeably modified. It was taken sometime overnight June 17 from the north end of Lloydminster. Really messes up my holidays at cold lake coming up with no way to pull 5th wheel or boat. If anyone sees anything please PM me Thanks , Preston
Old 06-18-2018, 12:09 PM

Can you post some pictures?
Old 06-18-2018, 12:46 PM

Yes post a picture on The Lloyd RCMP scanner facebook page there are many eyes out there.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:03 PM

That truly sucks. I had a 2006 F-350 stolen from a hotel in Sherwood Park a few years ago. They stuck a screwdriver in near the front door handle then smashed the ignition off. Police found it a week later. No body damage but the cup holders full of cigarette butts. Crowbarred the toolbox open and emptied that.

Good luck and hope it makes it back to you in one piece.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:58 PM

Sad but I don’t have many pictures of it , RCMP say 7 vehicle thefts here last night. I’ll see what I can find to post.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:02 PM

Getting to be a pretty normal day now if someone is posting about their truck or a friends truck that's been jacked...I don't like that pattern, everyday we wake up to a bit more of a messed up society..lets turn this ride around and get back some of what we used to have...
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 06-19-2018, 03:20 AM
Banned

Hoping it will be recovered
Old 06-19-2018, 05:10 AM

No Sirius is older model. One ram pickup recovered last night had different plates on it already
Old 06-21-2018, 01:25 PM

There getting pretty crafty. Met a guy in revelstoke last year. Had his truck stolen from the motel parking lot, he pulled the fuel pump fuse to disable it. Watched the surveillance video, they were in and gone in 35 seconds. They just plugged something in to the obd to power up the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2018, 09:50 PM

So apparently they look for anything that resembles a gps antenna or tracking device. Ripped out my hands free mike, command start antenna and led light bar switch. Didn't lose enough to justify paying $1000 deductible on home insurance. They did empty my 10L methanol injection tank which comes on over 12psi boost and coolant reservoir is empty. It WAS driven like they stole it. At body shop for ignition then out for mechanical inspection. Crazy pita , not covered for rental.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:54 PM

And yes , will lock with remote not door lock switch. Disables starter. And maybe Le CLUB.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:16 AM

That’s the worst part of having a diesel stolen, with how hard thieves are on driving stolen vehicles, you have no idea how much they shortened the lifespan of the entire drivetrain. Even if the mechanical inspection comes out fine, who is to say 3,000 km down the road the headgasket goes? At least on a gas truck the repairs of anything are around half the cost of the diesel.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:30 AM

Always done all my own repairs , couldn’t own it otherwise. Wish I had previous mileage but at least the abuse was on fresh oil change !