Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you believe in evolution or creation?
Creation 119 29.38%
Evolution 286 70.62%
Voters: 405. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 07:22 PM
Banned

Lol, well the scientists sure got up in arms with my question! You all claim to need proof, well here's your chance to lead by example. Prove to me there is no God please.

Science doesn't work that way? Well neither does God!

His way of teaching is to let faith be the proof, with the reward to come later. Any parents out there ever tell their kids to do something just as a test, then when they do it without bitchin and moanin you give them a treat of some sort?

It's the same idea.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Thanks for the smile. I needed that today.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Lol, well the scientists sure got up in arms with my question! You all claim to need proof, well here's your chance to lead by example. Prove to me there is no God please.

His way of teaching is to let faith be the proof, with the reward to come later. Any parents out there ever tell their kids to do something just as a test, then when they do it without bitchin and moanin you give them a treat of some sort?

It's the same idea.
No one got up in arms. They answered your question. Just not the way you wanted.

We have said repeatedly that we cannot prove that there is no God. There's just no evidence to support the existance of one.

Marshall McLuhan
Old 06-12-2017, 07:31 PM

Quote:

It's the same idea.
If faith makes someone a better person...better to everyone..does not hurt anyone...isn't a business of enrichment for a few elite and gives positively to the community without accepting anything in return and is humble and has not ambition or acceptance of power of any kind then the Earth is better fit them.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 06-12-2017, 07:31 PM
Banned

It's pretty hard to prove something that's only in your head and your heart.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:33 PM
Banned

Default Who Knows?

We are all going to find out either way when we die. No living person has the answer so asking online is nutz! In the meantime we can all hunt, fish and watch John Wayne movies and be happy until we find out for sure

Einstein was an atheist until he was on his deathbed.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Is there any proof from the scientists that there is no God?
With God, comes creation. I posted a question earlier that nobody seems to want to touch.

If God created the heaven and earth - I don't care if you want to take that 6 days and stretch it into 10000 years or 50 million years. It doesn't explain how we as a race can took through a telescope and see a galaxy 13 billion light years away.

I would love for you to explain to me how we can see light that is 13 billion years old if Creation is the beginning. The speed of light is constant and the light year is a measure of distance.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
I know you are asking to get people thinking and I think it is common knowledge about what we are seeing in the telescopes is in the past.

I know you are not trying to ridicule anyone but for those who believe in the 6000 year old earth thing will probably feel ridiculed.

There may be some who think that the statement above in bold is the teaching of the devil who came from the past to deceive true believers. I have actually heard that as a response to an argument similar to yours
And, that, my friends is precisely what turns people away from having a rational conversation with hard core fanatical absolutist believers.

Whenever cornered with obvious proof debunking a belief - let's all quickly scream "it's the work of the devil designed to deceive the faithful" instead of risking someone actually considering the evidence and maybe discussing it rationally. Questioning is bad. Blind faith is good. Forbidding things will repress free thought. It's perfect really.

Similar to what fundamentalist groups (of many religions) do and how they act. Repression and punishment (or the threat of) is a powerful tool.

I respect the rights of all people to worship and believe in whatever they want.

I also do appreciate those who, with good intentions, try and bridge science with religion (or philosophy).

The big difference here is simple ......

Evolution is supported by credible science.

But, not unlike scripture, it doesn't answer all the questions, but it is supported with credible science and seeks to grow and "evolve" as we learn more of the truth.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
No one got up in arms. They answered your question. Just not the way you wanted.

We have said repeatedly that we cannot prove that there is no God. There's just no evidence to support the existance of one.
The answer wasn't what I didn't want to hear, but what you didn't want to give.

With there not being any proof there is a God, and there being no proof that there is not a God, it's just as likely there is a God than there isn't.

Are there Aliens? Is it possible our God is and Alien life form and we are his "ant farm"? Something to think about.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
With God, comes creation. I posted a question earlier that nobody seems to want to touch.

If God created the heaven and earth - I don't care if you want to take that 6 days and stretch it into 10000 years or 50 million years. It doesn't explain how we as a race can took through a telescope and see a galaxy 13 billion light years away.

I would love for you to explain to me how we can see light that is 13 billion years old if Creation is the beginning. The speed of light is constant and the light year is a measure of distance.

I can't explain that to you, I'm only human. God is the only one who can answer that one
Old 06-12-2017, 07:45 PM

Quote:
With there not being any proof there is a God, and there being no proof that there is not a God, it's just as likely there is a God than there isn't.
Your logic is, unfortunately, weak. You are assuming that all events are .5 probability. Its like make a statement, "50/50 chance, either there is or there isn't." If that logic were true, I'd be buying lottery tickets!!
(BTW, in all the posts in this thread, I have never once argued whether there is or isn't a god)
Old 06-12-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:

Are there Aliens? Is it possible our God is and Alien life form and we are his "ant farm"? Something to think about.
To answer your last question I would offer - No, from a scientific perspective, the Aliens are far more realistic.

And I don't (didn't) mean that to sound offensive - but it drives home the point of what science focuses on - plausibility and proof.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:47 PM

Quote:

What part of no evidence what so ever to support God or ID did you not understand?

Absence of proof is not proof of existence. There is no proof that vampires don't exist doesn't make them exist.

Never did answer my questions, but you can't answer them can you?
Sit back
Pour yourself a tea

Watch us "sportsmen" attack each other and destroy ourselves from within.

From road hunters vs "real hunters" to bowhunters vs rifle hunters, long bows and recurves vs compound user to bow vs crossbow to white hunters vs Native hunters etc etc etc

Enjoy the easy ride, anti hunters. Strange to me why we seem to be doing your job for you.

Excuse me while I go puke.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
I can't explain that to you, I'm only human. God is the only one who can answer that one
Well, I will tell you one thing - it proves that the universe is at least 13 billion years old. And mankind realistically is just getting warmed up.

When God answers that question, let me know.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Humans are able to explain that, though. It's just an explanation that some people resist.

The galaxy silverdoctor is seeing through the telescope is, in fact, 13 billion years old.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Oatey View Post
What part of no evidence what so ever to support God or ID did you not understand?

Absence of proof is not proof of existence. There is no proof that vampires don't exist doesn't make them exist.

Never did answer my questions, but you can't answer them can you?
What part of you can't prove there is no God, so you got nothing don't you understand?
Old 06-12-2017, 08:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
You need to believe in Macro Evolution to believe that all species came from a single life form. If you don't believe in Macro evolution then you have no argument from me.
One doesn't 'believe' in science, once again, one understands it.

Creationists either don't, or have so much presupposition biases built in, that they can't.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338 Rules View Post
We are all going to find out either way when we die. No living person has the answer so asking online is nutz! In the meantime we can all hunt, fish and watch John Wayne movies and be happy until we find out for sure

Old 06-12-2017, 08:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Is there any proof from the scientists that there is no God?
How do you prove a negative? You can't prove there is no golden teapot in orbit around Mars.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
What part of you can't prove there is no God, so you got nothing don't you understand?
Hrmm...

Quote:
Psalm 19:1 “The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.”

Anyone that goes out on a starry night must stand amazed at the expanse or size of the universe. Since the universe cannot be measured by man, its Creator must be so much bigger. Indeed, “In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands” (Psalm 102:25). Isaiah writes “Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand and marked off the heavens with a span, enclosed the dust of the earth in a measure and weighed the mountains in scales and the hills in a balance” (Isaiah 40:12)? The answer of course is God.
That is scientifically proven wrong. The age of the universe is proven much much older than anything in the bible. That is proven by man, by science. You can't explain it because you can't see past your belief. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Sorry. Don't keep thumping on folks please.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alta270 View Post
How do you prove a negative? You can't prove there is no golden teapot in orbit around Mars.
You guys sayin there is no proof so it must not be, when I give you a chance and put the shoe on the other foot, you can't prove there is no God, but you swear up and down you're right...... but by your own admission, you got no proof.

Ironic.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338 Rules View Post

No, where did you get that from. That false news has been floating around creationist websites for years now. Hint: The night nurse only spoke English, and apparently his words were in German. She didn't understand his words.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hrmm...

That is scientifically proven wrong. The age of the universe is proven much much older than anything in the bible. That is proven by man, by science. You can't explain it because you can't see past your belief. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Sorry. Don't keep thumping on folks please.

What is proven wrong?
Old 06-12-2017, 08:13 PM

Quote:
You guys sayin there is no proof so it must not be, when I give you a chance and put the shoe on the other foot, you can't prove there is no God, but you swear up and down you're right...... but by your own admission, you got no proof.

Ironic.
Flip it around. Show proof there is a God. Should be simple. As simple as proving a negative.

Again you didn't answer my questions. Bueller Bueller.
Sit back
Pour yourself a tea

From road hunters vs "real hunters" to bowhunters vs rifle hunters, long bows and recurves vs compound user to bow vs crossbow to white hunters vs Native hunters etc etc etc

Enjoy the easy ride, anti hunters. Strange to me why we seem to be doing your job for you.

Old 06-12-2017, 08:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
I don't understand that if there is a situation where science does not yet know the answer, that creationists say, "Therefore God". That is not the fallback position.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:17 PM
Banned

Einstein wasn't an atheist folks. He likely didn't believe in creation given all the math and ideas he gave to the world - but to him there was a god - albeit a childlike perspective of God.

Don't know if you can read this, but it's one of the many letters that went up for auction.

Banned

Quote:
Flip it around. Show proof there is a God. Should be simple. As simple as proving a negative.

Again you didn't answer my questions. Bueller Bueller.
I don't have to flip it around, I'm not the one saying if there is no proof, then it must not be, right?

What's your question?

Quote:
What proof do you want?

That when science was able to reach space they didn't find heaven?

When science reached deep space and they didn't see heaven or God?

How about round earth?

How about mulibillions of galaxies with multibillion stars in each?

No they havent proven there is no God.

Science doesn't work that way. So far they haven't found anything that supports a God or intelligent design. But the nice thing about science is that they will keep looking. ID supporters not so much.
Come on Kurt, answer my questions.
Sit back
Pour yourself a tea

Quote:

I can't give any other answer. God does not factor into evolution. Sorry.

Marshall McLuhan
Old 06-12-2017, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Einstein wasn't an atheist folks. He likely didn't believe in creation given all the math and ideas he gave to the world - but to him there was a god - albeit a childlike perspective of God.

Don't know if you can read this, but it's one of the many letters that went up for auction.

Einstein later clarified most of his statements here. If he wasnt an atheist, it was only by omission.

Marshall McLuhan
Closed Thread