Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-03-2018, 04:50 PM

Default Remax field

The wife and I wanted to find a good spot to watch the Canada day fireworks from and didn't want to hassle with trying to park and having to walk a long distance only to end up standing for an hour seeing the backs of peoples heads.
I knew my wife has been wanting to check out a Prospects baseball game and saw that they were gonna allow people to stay after the game to watch the fireworks from their seats, awesome!
We got there about thirty minutes early to find a massive traffic jam and people lined up around the block all the way to the bridge waiting to get in the gate.
We were directed about a block away to park on a field. I asked if there was any handicap parking and was told "I dunno" by the lot attendant.
Went and parked in the field where I asked another parking attendant about handicap parking and was again told "I dunno".
Waited in line for 45 minute to get into the stadium through one of only two doors they were letting people in through.
They were also searching everyone to make sure they didn't smuggle in bottled water (because they were selling it inside for $4.00/bottle.
Once inside I asked a worker there about handicap parking and was told "there is none".
The fiasco leaving there would have taken hours had I not followed some other people driving over the sidewalk to leave.
I called the city to ask about handicap parking at Remax field and was told "I dunno, there's nothing online about them having handicap parking"...
Why is it law for everyone else to have handicap parking and not there?
To top it off, the bathroom were out of order towards the 6th inning. Tyey also ran out of food.

Remaxtelusjohnducey park is an absolute clown show. They were totally unprepared for a large crown and judging by the people I talked to in the stands and in line... it shouldn't be too much of a problem as none of them intend to ever go back.
Old 07-03-2018, 05:05 PM

That's a bad scene. I would at the very least phone your city councilor. They need to rectify that asap for the next person who requires handicap parking. Good on you for not losing your cool.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:33 PM

the Prospects average 1500 fans per home game....you really cant expect them to handle a sell out crowd and it only happens July 1st. Give the team a break but definatley contact th
e city about the handicap parking
Old 07-04-2018, 09:36 AM

I was there last year and this year. Last year we basically walked right in pre game, no real line up. This year we got in line around the corner by the Epcor entrance. Parking does suck there, surprised they don't offer handicap parking in the main lot right across the entrance into the park, perfect spot for it. I park north of the James McDonald and walk to avoid the traffic jams.

Last year the women's washrooms quit as well. I think last year they didn't have all the food booths open. This year they did & still ran out of some food but at least they had beer for sale everywhere lol.

I know the heckler in front of us sure had a great night yelling at every prospect player and pitcher, not so much for the 100 or so around him. Had no clue or didn't care about the ass he was being, even after people noted their displeasure.

One thing I noticed at both Canada Day games, you know it is a sell out yet so many people just go sit in the good seats, not their seats and when you come along with your ticket in hand and have to kick them out, they get mad at you.

It was a fun night despite the heckler and line ups but I think I would rather go to a regular night game and avoid the crowd issues.