Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-30-2022, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
You can’t just get it off the shelves, it’s stored behind the counter in a lockable display….
Not a lot of effort to use a small pry bar or cutter to break through those locks in the stores. I suspect not difficult to get at all.
Old 11-30-2022, 01:49 PM

dont know why you are all worrying about criminals, the Turd is taking away all their firearms so the good citizens will all be 100% safe

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 11-30-2022, 02:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
I respect your opinion, but between us both I doubt we have the qualifications to redefine what addiction should be classified as...

In 2011 the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) joined the AMA, defining addiction as a chronic brain disorder, not a behavior problem, or just the result of making bad choices.

I have actually never been held up at gun point....
The only reason they did this was for money
They can get funds from insurance companies if it’s classified as a disease rather than what it actually is
They are only looking out for themselves
Old 11-30-2022, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
Its insane!
The price that is paid to keep these people alive is not just measured in dollars

Imagine being a first responder and having to narcan people 10 times a day?
Ambulance, fire fighters, emergency rooms, dr's, nurses, etc how many resources are tied up saving these people who obviously dont care if they live or die and would rather just get high?
How many innocent lives are lost because resources are tied up trying to save these junkies?
To me, one of these lives is too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
The only reason they did this was for money
They can get funds from insurance companies if it’s classified as a disease rather than what it actually is
They are only looking out for themselves
Sorry, but respectfully disagree.. As you state, some people don't care if they live of die and would rather get high... This is not about money, it's about addiction and being classified as a disease does nothing for the user...

It is obvious you have never came from a family with addiction issues, nor have any close friends who left this world way too early due to no fault of their own...

Hope you never have to experience the road of addition, it is not pleasant.
Old 11-30-2022, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
Sorry, but respectfully disagree.. As you state, some people don't care if they live of die and would rather get high... This is not about money, it's about addiction and being classified as a disease does nothing for the user...

It is obvious you have never came from a family with addiction issues, nor have any close friends who left this world way too early due to no fault of their own...

Hope you never have to experience the road of addition, it is not pleasant.

I absolutely completely disagree with you.... and there are tons addiction issues from both drugs and alcohol in my extended family. Taking the approach that one is not responsible for ones own choices and absolving them from all responsibility is what got us where we are in the first place.
Old 11-30-2022, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
I absolutely completely disagree with you.... and there are tons addiction issues from both drugs and alcohol in my extended family. Taking the approach that one is not responsible for ones own choices and absolving them from all responsibility is what got us where we are in the first place.
Everyone is allowed their opinion. Here is some of my experience with addiction...

Best friend, had the world by the tail on a full ride athletic scholarship when he was in a bad car accident... He was always the DD when we grew up, never really drank nor tried pot or anything else...

He suffered multiple broken bones, was prescribed Opioids to help while he recovered in the hospital and when he was released... Less than three years later we attended his funeral.. The night before he blew his brains out, I picked him up from the rehab center where he was released for the third time... He poured his guts out about the demons he faced, his mind would not allow him to forget the pleasures drugs brought... He was sober when he took his own life, 21 years young.

The choice he made was allowing a physician prescribing medical pain relief as he healed...

My mother was a functioning alcoholic, I dealt with the joys of this demon myself.... Easy to say addiction is a choice when your life is perfect...

Last edited by Sledhead71; 11-30-2022 at 03:11 PM.
Old 11-30-2022, 03:30 PM

There but for the grace of God, go I…

Drinking is a choice. Drugs are a choice. Of course they are. No arguments here.

I will say there are some heartless - insert adjective - on this forum.
Old 11-30-2022, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
I believe addiction is (or can be) hereditary. Whether or not that makes it a disease I'm not sure. Wouldn't argue it either way

Last edited by MountainTi; 11-30-2022 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-30-2022, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
There but for the grace of God, go I…

Drinking is a choice. Drugs are a choice. Of course they are. No arguments here.

I will say there are some heartless - insert adjective - on this forum.
They keep telling us we can't win the war on drugs, I say we're just not trying hard enough or in the right way. When you can access drugs inside a prison, about as controlled a place as there is, something is way past wrong. We need to get tougher with those who make and provide the drugs, I like the Duterte approach.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 11-30-2022, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
I believe addiction is hereditary. Whether or not that makes it a disease I'm not sure. Wouldn't argue it either way
So is insanity, you get it from your kids.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 11-30-2022, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
I believe addiction is (or can be) hereditary. Whether or not that makes it a disease I'm not sure. Wouldn't argue it either way
There is information to suggest a pre-disposition to addiction. But the biggest cause of drug addiction is taking drugs. That’s a choice. One may make one bad judgement decision and get hooked. Others may be prone to bad decisions and get hooked.

But don’t you believe that not doing drugs to begin with is key.

There is no hereditary gene for stupidity. Up bringing, maturity, friends, your environment, your learned and innate ability to handle stress can affect your decisions… but ultimately it is your decision.

The system seems to suggest we are responsible for someone else’s stupid decision to do drugs.

Income level doesn’t seem to stop stupid decisions.

Be curious to do a sociology study to see what percentage of people that enjoy the outdoors are more or less likely to develop drug dependence than non outdoorsy folks.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 11-30-2022, 05:14 PM

I vacillate between the Portugal and Duterte approaches. I just know whatever we are doing now sure ain’t workin too good.
Old 11-30-2022, 05:38 PM

The road to hell is paved with good intentions and Canada have the best intentions.
Old 11-30-2022, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
There is information to suggest a pre-disposition to addiction. But the biggest cause of drug addiction is taking drugs. That’s a choice. One may make one bad judgement decision and get hooked. Others may be prone to bad decisions and get hooked.

But don’t you believe that not doing drugs to begin with is key.

There is no hereditary gene for stupidity. Up bringing, maturity, friends, your environment, your learned and innate ability to handle stress can affect your decisions… but ultimately it is your decision.

The system seems to suggest we are responsible for someone else’s stupid decision to do drugs.

Income level doesn’t seem to stop stupid decisions.

Be curious to do a sociology study to see what percentage of people that enjoy the outdoors are more or less likely to develop drug dependence than non outdoorsy folks.
So you can’t fix stupid!
Old 11-30-2022, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
So is insanity, you get it from your kids.

Grizz
I believe sterility is the same
Old 11-30-2022, 08:39 PM

The opioid addiction is quite frightening. My experiences with it are from a close friend who went on recreational binge with it, not realizing you got a tiger by the tail. She went to rehab only to find that you never escape the drug. My other source of information was from a pharmacist friend that specialized in opioid addiction treatments. From this I have surmised there seem to be 2 groups of opioid addicts.
The first is the ones that got into it by their own volition. We seem to spend money on this group and nothing is changing.
The second group is like the one that was mentioned previously in this thread where a person receives a prescription for pain management and get caught up in the grip of the drug. I believe this method of accidental addiction is the one that resources should be focused on.
A review should be conducted to determine if the medical professionals are prescribing and educating the patients correctly. No one should ever get enough of one drug prescribed to them that will result in addiction.
Old 11-30-2022, 08:55 PM

Default Societal decay and crime

In the state of California they introduced prop 57,which means that a sexual offender against minors can be released from prison within a year.
That's one of the reasons this society is going to pot. Imagine a child gets hurt and traumatized for life and the lefties let the lowlife walk within a year.
Unbelievable
Read it yesterday, should find the link, probably Daily Mail.
Old 12-01-2022, 08:38 AM

I don't know what the answer is, but I honestly don't want to know what the world is going to look like in 50 years. But my opinion is people being paid to exist with no strings attached is part of the problem.

I've got a sister that is on the verge of homelessness, or may already be homeless. Not entirely sure because I cut ties with her almost 2 years ago. Hasn't been posting stolen items on facebook lately, so hard to tell what she's up to. Mid-30's, has a teenage daughter. One thing that really stands out to me about her history is a complete and total lack of work ethic, right from the time she finished high school. There may be personality issues at play, as she's one of those where every single person she ever meets is an a-hole, but won't look in the mirror and consider he attitude and behavior is part of the problem. Always quits jobs in short order because her boss is terrible, her co-workers are terrible. Moves from one town to the next because the people that live there are terrible. All her landlords are the absolute worst. Somehow, she's managed to figure out how to play the systems when it comes to social services, benefits and taxation. It is honestly sickening seeing how much money she milks from the government, and then to top it off she's always hitting family members up for more cash with ridiculous sob stories. Her off and on boyfriend is a hard worker and has filled the financial gap when she doesn't have him pulled down the rabbit hole of addiction. They've been off and on methadone constantly for the last decade. He's currently in a rehab facility, and I honestly think he does want to be clean, but I think he's too stupid to stay away from my sister at this point. For her, I think it is just a supplemental drug as she's straight up told her doctor she has no real interest in being clean because it is boring. Refused rehab several times in the last year. And I think that's where the free money and boredom become a problem. When you have no responsibility, no job to go to, nothing important to fill the day then drugs become a form of entertainment. There was a period of time pre-covid where they both seemed to be doing ok. Then when the whole unquestioned EI and CERB money came into play they convinced their boss to lay them off and moved to BC to "start a business". A year later they are both into fentanyl and meth and the family is stuck trying to figure out how to get their daughter into a safe space temporarily, and then eventually back home.

The time, money and resources wasted on people who don't want better for themselves is disturbing. Hospital, ambulance, police, retail theft, social services. The list just goes on and on.
Old 12-01-2022, 03:58 PM

And more adventures in Calgary today, some cretin carjacked/stole 13 vehicles + 1 failed attempt. Totally normal behavior

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/calgary-p...icts-1.6175490
Old 12-01-2022, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
And more adventures in Calgary today, some cretin carjacked/stole 13 vehicles + 1 failed attempt. Totally normal behavior

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/calgary-p...icts-1.6175490
The piece of crap should wake up at emergency, after having his reflexes checked with a baseball bat.
Old 12-02-2022, 09:03 PM

This is the predictable result of soft-on-crime judges & things like the Liberals recently passed Bill C-5 that takes away minimum sentences for many crimes.

When there are virtually no consequences for committing crimes, crime rises & crime severity rises. Good people suffer as a result. Enough is enough. It might as well have been Trudeau & the Liberals personally beating on this woman, because they're both perpetuating & increasing these very things through incomprehensibly bad crime policy.

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/edmonton...tion-1.6172386
Old 12-09-2022, 01:57 PM

I'm gonna keep posting notable crime to this thread. They closed 17th Ave in both directions for this incident.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...540ae5fb5f3e21

"Calgary police have someone in custody after a man destroyed property and threatened the safety of employees and patrons at a CIBC bank on 17th Avenue S.W.

Officers were called to the CIBC branch at 1222 17th Ave. S.W. at 9:40 a.m. on Friday for reports that a man was causing a disturbance, destroying property and making vulgar comments, CPS Staff Sgt. Becky Spohr told reporters.

“He proceeded to escalate and made some threats to the patrons and employees of the bank, and made a statement suggesting he might go out to his vehicle and get a gun,” said Spohr.

The patrons and employees either evacuated the building or isolated themselves within the bank when the man exited. At this time, it’s unknown if the man grabbed something from his vehicle but he did return, said Spohr.

“Eventually we were able to talk him out of the bank and safely take him into custody.”

There are no injuries reported following the incident. Spohr said there were seven employees in the bank who managed to secure themselves in a locked room inside the bank, maintaining contact with police. Money wasn’t involved in the situation."
Old 12-14-2022, 12:36 PM

This one generates a bit of schadenfreude as a reaction, a guy got into a road rage altercation, pulled a knife on the other driver & somehow managed to wound himself and bleed to death when he was driving away. Occasionally the trash takes itself out!!

Of course, it generated some tributes to the fellow before the details of the incident were revealed.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local...fa2f0715e/amp/
Old 12-14-2022, 01:26 PM

I suppose there have been and always will be weirdos, sickos, deviants, and addicts. The problem today is that they are now accepted and sanctioned by the liberal left, for the sake of uninteligible virtue signaling. That is the real decay of society. Those responsible for the mess are largely those insulated from the results. There's nothing compassionate or altruistic about it, though that would be forthrightly denied.
No surprise, as their Supreme Leader teaches every day that lies and deceit will get you everything.
And addiction is always a choice. Some control it, some don't, can't, or won't.