Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-27-2022, 01:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
A vote for the NDP is a vote for less hunting, fishing, and shooting.

It’s really that simple.

Rachel will shutdown west of Rocky like she did in Castle, so kiss the quadding, camping, and hunting goodbye around Abraham Lake and down the Trunk Rd.

While I don’t disagree, this is hilarious in so many ways. Should we dig back a few years?
Old 11-27-2022, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Trust me my wife doesn’t hide a thing and I actually have to tell her I don’t want to hear work talk

My wife actually just banks her overtime days and uses them.

I have heard all the BS games others play to manipulate the system too
I hear ya on this! Where my wife works the excuses are my kid is sick and I don’t want to take him to my parents so I have to stay home. Damn kid is sick all the time, he should be dead with how sick this kid is. The other one that a couple of gals she works with is, my husband just got home from his job and I have to spend some time with him while he’s home. I told her easy solution get rid of those types and the wife says there are a shortage of workers. Gee I wonder why! No wonder our health care system is going to hell! No one wants to work any more and then top it off with those that abuse the health care system. I got a hang nail I better go see the doctor or I have a cold/flu I gotta go see the doctor. it’s easier to blame the government for the problem!
Old 11-27-2022, 05:16 AM

The NDP aren't going to win anything because all of us will not vote NDP and we will go out of our way to convince others to do the same. We must not let the NDP win.
Old 11-27-2022, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram crazy View Post
I hear ya on this! Where my wife works the excuses are my kid is sick and I don’t want to take him to my parents so I have to stay home. Damn kid is sick all the time, he should be dead with how sick this kid is. The other one that a couple of gals she works with is, my husband just got home from his job and I have to spend some time with him while he’s home. I told her easy solution get rid of those types and the wife says there are a shortage of workers. Gee I wonder why! No wonder our health care system is going to hell! No one wants to work any more and then top it off with those that abuse the health care system. I got a hang nail I better go see the doctor or I have a cold/flu I gotta go see the doctor. it’s easier to blame the government for the problem!
From being around my wife working in 3 different healthcare facilities for the last 10years I get to hear all about it

There is always a portion of those who exploit the system and play no shows for any reason possible. There is also those who are hard working people that truly care about their job and the people that they care for. The percentage of slackers vary depending on the location.

Really I see the same thing everywhere but the difference is with unions in general the bad employees have more tools to exploit. A portion of society is just lazy and will
Old 11-27-2022, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
While I don’t disagree, this is hilarious in so many ways. Should we dig back a few years?
You can dig back all you want. I never supported the NDP but supported the Wildrose.

Did support the idiot in Ottawa at one point, which is why I feel personally responsible for what's happened to this country. Will be a great day when he steps down.

I'm firmly in Pierre's corner for the next election, but hoping we can get Trudeau removed before that. Biggest liar ever, and nothing like the Chretien/Martin Liberals who were fiscally conservative.

Can you imagine Freeland giving a speech like this?

"Our single biggest fear was that huge chunk of debt." Paul Martin

https://youtu.be/BcOsu9Ev4vI?t=590
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 11-27-2022, 05:55 PM

Quote:
You can dig back all you want. I never supported the NDP but supported the Wildrose.

Did support the idiot in Ottawa at one point, which is why I feel personally responsible for what's happened to this country. Will be a great day when he steps down.

I'm firmly in Pierre's corner for the next election, but hoping we can get Trudeau removed before that. Biggest liar ever, and nothing like the Chretien/Martin Liberals who were fiscally conservative.

Can you imagine Freeland giving a speech like this?

"Our single biggest fear was that huge chunk of debt." Paul Martin

https://youtu.be/BcOsu9Ev4vI?t=590
He’ll be stepping down before the next election. Ego won’t be able to take a loss to Pierre. Freeland will be in charge, which is just as bad as having trudolt run.
Old 11-28-2022, 05:12 AM

My goal is to get the Liberal party to implode on itself before the next election.

Although I’m not sure if there’s enough time because rumour has it we’ll see a spring election.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 11-28-2022, 06:22 AM

Quote:
My goal is to get the Liberal party to implode on itself before the next election.

Although I’m not sure if there’s enough time because rumour has it we’ll see a spring election.
I believe that the liberals will delay an election as long as they are allowed to, to give them time to do as much damage as possible, before they risk being defeated.
Old 11-28-2022, 06:52 PM

If Daniel was smart the government would hand out free marijuana on election day. That would keep the left at home and happy.

Thomas Sowell
Old 11-28-2022, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
If Daniel was smart the government would hand out free marijuana on election day. That would keep the left at home and happy.
Okay that was funny.
Old 11-28-2022, 07:46 PM

Quote:
A vote for the NDP is a vote for less hunting, fishing, and shooting.

It’s really that simple.

Rachel will shutdown west of Rocky like she did in Castle, so kiss the quadding, camping, and hunting goodbye around Abraham Lake and down the Trunk Rd.

I know there will be certain folks who will probably applaud this, but you now have KVT running for the NDP. If he gets in you can kiss access to porcupine hills goodbye for sure, and there will be a big push to make all Alberta like Castle area.
https://www.rmotoday.com/canmore/can...acleod-6004860

- Want to sight your rifle in on crown land- nope
- actually you won’t have to worry about sighting your rifle in, according to them no one needs a rifle and we should all applaud a full on ban.
-Want to camp on crown land- nope only with a permit and only where they designate.
-ice fishing? - nope disturbs the fish and tourists and don’t even think about having a shack or driving on the ice.
- have a quad or snowmobile? Ever used a vehicle to recover game- not anymore.

But don’t worry they will pave access parking lots and build washrooms at staging areas so that every tesla driving pole rodeo champ can come out, but only for activities the NDP considers acceptable.

Last edited by Cervidae; 11-28-2022 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 11-28-2022, 08:21 PM

This is in the attached article??

Can you help me find it?
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 11-28-2022, 08:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervidae View Post
I know there will be certain folks who will probably applaud this, but you now have KVT running for the NDP. If he gets in you can kiss access to porcupine hills goodbye for sure, and there will be a big push to make all Alberta like Castle area.

- actually you won’t have to worry about sighting your rifle in, according to them no one needs a rifle and we should all applaud a full on ban.
-Want to camp on crown land- nope only with a permit and only where they designate.
-ice fishing? - nope disturbs the fish and tourists and don’t even think about having a shack or driving on the ice.

But don’t worry they will pave access parking lots and build washrooms at staging areas so that every tesla driving pole rodeo champ can come out, but only for activities the NDP considers acceptable.
Nice to see someone paying attention. Most people have no idea what KVT is like.
Old 11-28-2022, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervidae View Post

I have read enough about his views on wolves, caribou and OHV access to know that he would no be an ally of hunters and outdoorsmen.
Old 11-28-2022, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
You, sir.....

Are an absolute GENIUS!!!!
Old 11-28-2022, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
Nice to see someone paying attention. Most people have no idea what KVT is like.
Everything I've read from the man, and about the man, tells me he's a wolf in sheep's clothing.
Definitely NOT on the Sportsman's side.
Old 11-28-2022, 10:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
Everything I've read from the man, and about the man, tells me he's a wolf in sheep's clothing.
Bang on!
Old 11-28-2022, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
I must be living under a rock, who the hell is KVT?
Old 11-28-2022, 11:06 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI 6.5 View Post
I must be living under a rock, who the hell is KVT?
An arrogant tree huger from Canmore.

Google Kevin Van Tighem

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-29-2022, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
An arrogant tree huger from Canmore.

Google Kevin Van Tighem
Thanks, never heard of him. If he's running as a NDP candidate that's all I need to know.
Old 11-29-2022, 12:16 PM

You know KVT hunts right? He even hikes his old body in and out dragging his harvest back.
Pretty sure he isn't planning on banning hunting.
Just a little injection of truth into the conversation.
Old 11-29-2022, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldscud View Post
You know KVT hunts right? He even hikes his old body in and out dragging his harvest back.
Hunts with what? How does he feel about banning guns? I know how his federal master Jugmeat feels about it
Old 11-29-2022, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Just because someone hunts doesn’t make them a good choice politically
Old 11-29-2022, 12:40 PM

Quote:
He calls for shutting down all access to some prime wilderness areas. He also maintains that other than one caribou herd, wolves don't effect ungulate populations. But most of all, he is running for the ndp, who support firearms bans, which will impact hunters.
Old 11-29-2022, 12:43 PM

Quote:
He'll ban you and I from going into the forest so he and his friends can have it all to themselves. The wolf in Grandma's clothing. Don't fall for it.
Old 11-29-2022, 12:59 PM

Didn't say he was a political superstar, just that he hunts.
He likes biodiversity and habitat preservation. Those aren't bad things.
I agree his party has lots of things that are not attractive. That seems to be a common thing with political parties these days.
Old 11-29-2022, 01:01 PM

If anyone thinks that Alberta will be better off with the NDP, god help us all.
Old 11-29-2022, 01:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Didn't say he was a political superstar, just that he hunts.
He likes biodiversity and habitat preservation. Those aren't bad things.
I agree his party has lots of things that are not attractive. That seems to be a common thing with political parties these days.
Just because he hunts off and on doesn’t make him a hunter. Trust me, I know more about him than a lot do here. His views are extreme and not good for our hunting heritage here in Alberta as we know it.
Old 11-29-2022, 04:26 PM

I think the scary part is there are alot of Subaru driving Patagonia people on this site that can't wait to vote NDP and shut everyone out of the back country.

We need to be less tolerant of the wolf In sheep's clothing hanging around. Send them all back to Canmore!
Old 11-30-2022, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevishot View Post
I think the scary part is there are alot of Subaru driving Patagonia people on this site that can't wait to vote NDP and shut everyone out of the back country.

We need to be less tolerant of the wolf In sheep's clothing hanging around. Send them all back to Canmore!
Than dress like a wolf. With new UCP hockey Jersey. Volunteers required to take back Edmonton.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B8952E88-890A-4CA2-BA35-6D703FE4AC65.jpg (20.1 KB, 33 views)