Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-28-2022, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb-MBR View Post
In my opinion, I don't think we will see another majority government. PP has hitched his wagon to the "truckers" and that does him no favor in the east where he needs to win. So, who does he align himself with, the NDP, very unlikely, the liberals, very unlikely, so his only option is the Bloc and even that is questionable.

Just an opinion, the divide has just gotten too great, and the middle ground has disappeared. Of course, I stand to be corrected and proven wrong in a couple years.
Unfortunately, there are more and more immigrants , and more and more people that want to live off of handouts, that someone else has to pay for, so it will be very difficult to get them to vote for anyone that wants to take away those handouts. The only way that I see a majority for the conservatives, is if the economy and inflation get so bad, that a large percentage of the population can no longer afford the basic necessities, and that convinces them to get past the politically correct nonsense that the liberals and ndp are spewing. The simple fact is that the current spending can't be sustained, and the money will run out, so the handouts will stop, and the desperate people will have no choice but to look elsewhere , and that will give the conservatives a chance. The problem, is that by then, things are going to get very dire for many people.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 11-28-2022 at 07:03 AM.
Old 11-28-2022, 07:14 AM

Pollivier right now is the best choice of available options

You bet the man has a silver tongue and is playing the game to build up hype. This is politics he has to if he wants to get the voting public’s attention

Could he be lying of course he is a Canadian politician it’s a common for the to say what they can to get votes. With our present system no politician is held accountable for lies or broken promises so expect them all to paint fairytales

All you can do is pick the leader with the platform that fits your views and hope they deliver on 1/2 their BS

As for being a career politician they all are and most are being groomed from an early age. Sucks but this is reality and I bet if you do your research on any politician you will find they have ties to politics long before they were a blip on anyone’s radar. Grew up with a few in BC that were being groomed for politics starting in high school. Nobody average joes are not running in today’s political arena

Welcome to Canadian politics where you try to pick the best of the worst and cross your fingers you are only going to be lied to 1/2 the time

So do you pick the lier who is promising a bunch of things that are negative to your life style or do you pick the lier who is promising a bunch of things that are positive to your lifestyle?

You know both are going to deliver on only a portion of their promises but personally I would prefer the guy BSing an agenda that supports my lifestyle and see a small benefit over the guy I know is going to screw with my life.

So yeah I will vote Pollivier because even if he fails on 90% of his platform it’s still better than getting screwed 100% by a failed attempt at any of the other parties trying to push their platform
Old 11-28-2022, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Pollivier right now is the best choice of available options

You bet the man has a silver tongue and is playing the game to build up hype. This is politics he has to if he wants to get the voting public’s attention

Could he be lying of course he is a Canadian politician it’s a common for the to say what they can to get votes. With our present system no politician is held accountable for lies or broken promises so expect them all to paint fairytales

All you can do is pick the leader with the platform that fits your views and hope they deliver on 1/2 their BS

As for being a career politician they all are and most are being groomed from an early age. Sucks but this is reality and I bet if you do your research on any politician you will find they have ties to politics long before they were a blip on anyone’s radar. Grew up with a few in BC that were being groomed for politics starting in high school. Nobody average joes are not running in today’s political arena

Welcome to Canadian politics where you try to pick the best of the worst and cross your fingers you are only going to be lied to 1/2 the time

So do you pick the lier who is promising a bunch of things that are negative to your life style or do you pick the lier who is promising a bunch of things that are positive to your lifestyle?

You know both are going to deliver on only a portion of their promises but personally I would prefer the guy BSing an agenda that supports my lifestyle and see a small benefit over the guy I know is going to screw with my life.

So yeah I will vote Pollivier because even if he fails on 90% of his platform it’s still better than getting screwed 100% by a failed attempt at any of the other parties trying to push their platform
It is even simpler than that from a common sense viewpoint. We know what Trudeau has done, and where Canada is heading under his government, so it's either vote for what we know we don't want, and can't sustain, or vote for someone else that may offer an improvement. While it's true that the conservatives could possibly be even worse, we know that Canada can't survive under the current government.
Old 11-28-2022, 07:47 AM

I like this thread for all the different viewpoints that I get to read and maybe understand.

My father used to say, "show me a liar and I'll show you a thief". You can guarantee all sides are trying to steal this election and all sides will lie about it. And all the participants lie. However...
I'm voting for PP and the Conservative Party. Plain and simple. I'm just picking the lesser of the two evils.
Please don't vote Liberal. Just don't do it. I for one will be convincing as many others as I possibly can to not vote Liberal, NDP, or the Bloc. I hope you all will do the same.
Old 11-28-2022, 12:35 PM

I find it fascinating that the same group of individuals that hammer the PM for not "working a day in his life" are so infatuated with Pierre Poilievre. He's managed to spend less time working a "real job" than the PM, and that's a tremendous accomplishment.

This guy is an impostor, simple as that.

Having said all of that, I'll still support his party. It's too bad that it seems to always come down to supporting the leader that's wearing less clown makeup than the other(s).
Old 11-28-2022, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinelakeperch View Post
I find it fascinating that the same group of individuals that hammer the PM for not "working a day in his life" are so infatuated with Pierre Poilievre. He's managed to spend less time working a "real job" than the PM, and that's a tremendous accomplishment.

Having said all of that, I'll still support his party. It's too bad that it seems to always come down to supporting the leader that's wearing less clown makeup than the other(s).
So is your doctor an imposter because he's only had one career?
Old 11-28-2022, 02:52 PM

Quote:

Regardless of what jobs Trudeau has held, he has never actually supported himself, he has lived off of a trust fund. There is no way that he could have maintained his standard of living,with the jobs he held, almost all of which were only part time. Poilievre has at least supported himself.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 11-28-2022 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-28-2022, 03:00 PM

Quote:

He's a politician. Somebody has to do it.
If you choose to dedicate your life to one line of work, and if it hasn’t corrupted you, it's fair to say you're probably good at it. Give him the benefit of the doubt.
You may say that profession is rife with corruption but believe it or not, there are good apples as well as bad in any line of work.
Instead of voting for who you consider the least bad choice, look at your vote as one that cancels out another's vote for a very bad choice.
Old 11-28-2022, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Regardless of what jobs Trudeau has held, he has never actually supported himself, he has lived off of a trust fund. There is no way that he could have maintained his standard of living,with the jobs he held, almost all of which were only part time. Poilievre has at least supported himself.
I read somewhere that Trudeau's net worth has increased more than 10X since he became PM.

Yet his $7000 a month grocery bill is paid by taxpayers.
Nice to be king.
Old 11-28-2022, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunluvr View Post
I read somewhere that Trudeau's net worth has increased more than 10X since he became PM.

Yet his $7000 a month grocery bill is paid by taxpayers.
Nice to be king.
He still isn't supporting himself, he never has, and likely never will support himself.
Old 11-28-2022, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
So is your doctor an imposter because he's only had one career?
Oh, I'm not saying that it's a good argument, I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy. The "career politician" has been referenced on here ad nauseum, but only when it's convenient.

Hell, I'd make the argument that spending your career in politics is likely to make make you a better, more experienced politician. All things being equal, would you rather a mechanic with 25 years of experience or a mechanic with 0 years of experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunluvr View Post
He's a politician. Somebody has to do it.
If you choose to dedicate your life to one line of work, and if it hasn’t corrupted you, it's fair to say you're probably good at it. Give him the benefit of the doubt.
You may say that profession is rife with corruption but believe it or not, there are good apples as well as bad in any line of work.
Instead of voting for who you consider the least bad choice, look at your vote as one that cancels out another's vote for a very bad choice.
There are absolutely good apples, I just don't like this particular fellow. And hey, I could very well be wrong, and will be voting in a manner that will provide him an opportunity to prove me wrong.
Old 11-28-2022, 04:19 PM

I am not sure of Poilievre's competence however...
He makes at least some of the right noises and he's not the other guy.
Old 11-28-2022, 04:35 PM

Only time will tell if he’s full of crap, but I like his style. Two of his main promises are to end the carbon tax and defund the CBC. I’m glad there’s finally someone worth voting for.
Old 11-28-2022, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfalls View Post
Only time will tell if he’s full of crap, but I like his style. Two of his main promises are to end the carbon tax and defund the CBC. I’m glad there’s finally someone worth voting for.
It's easy to be generous when it doesn't cost you anything. I think DS promised to pass legislation to "protect" the unvaccinated and she's now walking away from that pre-election promise.

Instead of making pre-election promises PP should outline how he is going to get the support he needs from Ontario and Quebec. Without that he will be on the outside barking. Thats what I'm waiting to hear. As we all know, it doesn't matter how we vote out west......
Old 11-28-2022, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb-MBR View Post
It's easy to be generous when it doesn't cost you anything. I think DS promised to pass legislation to "protect" the unvaccinated and she's now walking away from that pre-election
She ****ed off a lot of people with that
Old 11-28-2022, 10:27 PM

We’ll see what alternative non government funded media sources say tomorrow.
Old 11-28-2022, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC1 View Post
She ****ed off a lot of people with that
Was anyone actually surprised she did it? I mean she has a history of going back on her word and quitting jobs in a hissy fit
Old 11-29-2022, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
I like this thread for all the different viewpoints that I get to read and maybe understand.

My father used to say, "show me a liar and I'll show you a thief". You can guarantee all sides are trying to steal this election and all sides will lie about it. And all the participants lie. However...
I'm voting for PP and the Conservative Party. Plain and simple. I'm just picking the lesser of the two evils.
Please don't vote Liberal. Just don't do it. I for one will be convincing as many others as I possibly can to not vote Liberal, NDP, or the Bloc. I hope you all will do the same.
How many ridings in Alberta have a Bloc candidate running for election?
Old 11-29-2022, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Oh, I'm not saying that it's a good argument, I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy. The "career politician" has been referenced on here ad nauseum, but only when it's convenient.

Hell, I'd make the argument that spending your career in politics is likely to make make you a better, more experienced politician. All things being equal, would you rather a mechanic with 25 years of experience or a mechanic with 0 years of experience?

There are absolutely good apples, I just don't like this particular fellow. And hey, I could very well be wrong, and will be voting in a manner that will provide him an opportunity to prove me wrong.
Let’s hope like hell he has a chance to prove you wrong!
Old 11-29-2022, 07:03 AM

Career doctors tend to be good at their job. So are career politicians. I appreciate the former. Not the latter.
Old 11-29-2022, 09:15 AM

I lived ~20 houses down the street (in Calgary) from where Pierre spent some of his childhood. He even made a video about it.

Very blue-collar neighborhood. Modest houses, some with garages - some without. Point being is, a far cry from the posh houses that Trudope "grew up" in (if you can call it that)...

Even if Pierre addresses half of of his "campaign promises", he'll be twice the Prime Minister that Justine could ever hope to be.

If you don't support Poilievre, there's only one way to approach the coming election, much like Trump vs Hillary... Who is the "lesser of two evils" ? The decision should be clear & simple.

Pierre Poilievre for PM...
Old 11-29-2022, 09:30 PM

So PP had a job for 30 years....How dare he, ... Yet you all seem to think it is fine to have a guy with nice hair, sparkly socks and never really having a job for more then a couple months, as a better choice to run Canada?? We are doomed.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 11-29-2022, 09:46 PM

With PP at the helm, there will be the exact same social implosion as is currently underway. There is total agreement between the Cons and Libs regarding virtually all matters other than as pertains to taxation. This train has no brakes...
Old 11-29-2022, 09:50 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
So PP had a job for 30 years....How dare he, ... Yet you all seem to think it is fine to have a guy with nice hair, sparkly socks and never really having a job for more then a couple months, as a better choice to run Canada?? We are doomed.
Sorry, I don't buy it.
There is no way you or anyone could miss the hatred for the man we see here.

So what's your game?

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-29-2022, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishOutOfWater View Post
I lived ~20 houses down the street (in Calgary) from where Pierre spent some of his childhood. He even made a video about it.

Very blue-collar neighborhood. Modest houses, some with garages - some without. Point being is, a far cry from the posh houses that Trudope "grew up" in (if you can call it that)...

Even if Pierre addresses half of of his "campaign promises", he'll be twice the Prime Minister that Justine could ever hope to be.

If you don't support Poilievre, there's only one way to approach the coming election, much like Trump vs Hillary... Who is the "lesser of two evils" ? The decision should be clear & simple.

Pierre Poilievre for PM...

If Polievre answers one single question as PM he will be twice the pm Sock boy ever was
Old 11-30-2022, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
If Polievre answers one single question * as PM he will be twice the pm Sock boy ever was
* truthfully
Old 11-30-2022, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceTitan View Post
With PP at the helm, there will be the exact same social implosion as is currently underway. There is total agreement between the Cons and Libs regarding virtually all matters other than as pertains to taxation. This train has no brakes...
Have you listened to anything PP has said over the last 3 years, or just taking a wild guess? He is the brakes.
Old 11-30-2022, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceTitan View Post
I agree. I hope for change, but much just to see how little life changes for most people and the curiosity of who Facebook tells them to blame all of their life problems on. I think we need change, but am not confident any change will be significant at all.

I’m on pinelakeperch’s team on this one and am fascinated with the admiration of the career politician who has amassed some pretty good wealth, when those same traits are generally repulsive. Partisanship is funny.

Last edited by Rvsask; 11-30-2022 at 06:31 AM.
Old 11-30-2022, 11:55 AM
Banned

Arrow

EXCLUSIVE: Poilievre opposes firearms bill amendments, pledges to repeal C-21

Conservative leader Pierre Poilievre has come out against the Liberals’ proposed amendments to ban almost all semi-automatic rifles and shotguns.

Poilievre told True North’s Andrew Lawton during an exclusive interview that he would fight to repeal the bill and that the latest amendment wrongly bans hundreds of thousands of firearms that are used for hunting.*

“I oppose both Bill C-21 and the amendments that they most recently brought in. This amendment effectively bans hundreds of thousands, if not millions of firearms that are in Canada today that are used for hunting. These are hunting rifles and hunting shotguns,” responded Poilievre.*

The Liberals in committee last week had proposed an amendment that effectively would expand their ban in C-21 to virtually every semi-automatic rifle and shotgun, including some small calibre 22s.

The full list of firearms the Liberals are proposing to prohibit includes several single-shot guns as well.

“There’s no evidence that the massive increase in violent crime in our inner cities is the result of people in the country using hunting rifles or shotguns,” Poilievre added. “So obviously, Conservatives oppose that and we’d repeal it.”

Instead of a blanket firearms ban, Poilievre said his government would create a committee composed of law enforcement officials, First Nations, hunters and sport shooters to determine how firearms are classified.*

“My approach is to put that right in law. So it’s very clear and the government and politicians can’t constantly and suddenly change the rules at great cost, both to the lawful property owner but also to the taxpayer,” said Poilievre citing projections which state that a government buyback scheme could cost taxpayers billions.*

https://tnc.news/2022/11/29/poilievr...m-amendments1/
Old 11-30-2022, 12:19 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
EXCLUSIVE: Poilievre opposes firearms bill amendments, pledges to repeal C-21

Conservative leader Pierre Poilievre has come out against the Liberals’ proposed amendments to ban almost all semi-automatic rifles and shotguns.

Poilievre told True North’s Andrew Lawton during an exclusive interview that he would fight to repeal the bill and that the latest amendment wrongly bans hundreds of thousands of firearms that are used for hunting.*

“I oppose both Bill C-21 and the amendments that they most recently brought in. This amendment effectively bans hundreds of thousands, if not millions of firearms that are in Canada today that are used for hunting. These are hunting rifles and hunting shotguns,” responded Poilievre.*

The Liberals in committee last week had proposed an amendment that effectively would expand their ban in C-21 to virtually every semi-automatic rifle and shotgun, including some small calibre 22s.

The full list of firearms the Liberals are proposing to prohibit includes several single-shot guns as well.

“There’s no evidence that the massive increase in violent crime in our inner cities is the result of people in the country using hunting rifles or shotguns,” Poilievre added. “So obviously, Conservatives oppose that and we’d repeal it.”

Instead of a blanket firearms ban, Poilievre said his government would create a committee composed of law enforcement officials, First Nations, hunters and sport shooters to determine how firearms are classified.*

“My approach is to put that right in law. So it’s very clear and the government and politicians can’t constantly and suddenly change the rules at great cost, both to the lawful property owner but also to the taxpayer,” said Poilievre citing projections which state that a government buyback scheme could cost taxpayers billions.*

https://tnc.news/2022/11/29/poilievr...m-amendments1/
A step in the right direction. One small step.

But what we need is three things. Legislation that holds politicians to account for their wrong doing, that has real teeth and real penalties.

And the right to own firearms written into law that can never be changed.

And a total ban on government propaganda. If they say it they must be able to prove it in a court of law.

George Bernard Shaw