Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-28-2022, 09:01 AM

Default Polaris ranger issue

Is there any ATV pro's that can help me with a problem. I have a 2011 Polaris ranger 800 XP with camoplast tracks and it is making a loud clicking noise when in reverse when on herd ground, but as of lately it was making it in froward when pulling a load on hard ground. I don't use it much except for hunting season and ice fishing but lately we have been hauling out birch trees for firewood. We started having the clicking noise when I forgot to tension the tracks up for fall driving and we rolled one of the rear tracks off on a log on a cutline while checking cameras. I thought then I didn't get the tension correct from that incident but after talking to camoplast customer service I have the tracks set back up correctly. So to make this long story short am I looking at replacing axles now? My rear axles have no play what so ever in any form but my fronts do, but after checking a buddies ranger this last weekend his front end has the same play and no noise. The front end is a electronic locking and I see online some of the first things to show up for parts is a rebuild kit for the front gear case plus axles of course. Could my front gear case be calving on me?
Old 11-28-2022, 09:21 AM

I'm gonna say it's an axle if it's clicking. If so these are the best value axles I have found

https://www.autoshack.ca/Auto/ATV/AT...YaAgP7EALw_wcB
Old 11-28-2022, 11:39 AM

Check the u joints on the driveshafts. I had a nasty noise on my can am and that’s what it turned out to be.
Old 11-28-2022, 11:51 AM
Banned

Check the bolts fastening the front diff to the mounting plate before it is too late ....Big ticket item if not caught in time...
Old 11-28-2022, 03:29 PM

Default Polaris ranger axles

Had the same noise on my ranger this fall . Found noise coming from the rear end of the machine found the inboard right rear slip joint on the axle warn on the inside after the axles were removed and clean up . Check with UTV Canada for Rhino axles they are made to replace oem axles .