Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimm View Post
Until I brought it up there was not a single comment about the government, only people claiming how the Métis deserve nothing more than themselves. Another simple question to answer, listen carefully, the Métis would have nothing if the government Albertains elected didn’t give it to them. Is that clear enough or do the crayons need to come out. You came out hard at me saying the same thing as me. Of course it’s the government and not the Métis, who the heck would not accept what is given, do you take Medicare, unemployment benefits, old age pension, it’s been asked for and given

And that government is about to go buh bye. Primarily for the stupid decisions they've made in the past 3+ years. This was just another one of them.

As for the benefits portion of your statements, damn rights I'll take them all except UI. I paid into them. See any disparities there? I've also paid plenty into a "draw" system via multiple tags every year, AFGA, etc that if im lucky and start young enough, I may only get to use 2-3 times in my lifetime. See any disparity there? Some pay in to receive those "givens". Some on the receiving end do not.

This decision is a sham. A hunting zone for the privileged stretching from Sask to BC if your lineage is right. Some of the primest of the prime moose grounds, provided for some that were unhappy with only 160 miles in every direction from their settlements to hunt in. Thats how it should have stayed and any exceptions should have been only for people living full time in those settlements. This is not for subsistence hunting which I think we could all agree on. This is a perk. An appeasement. Plain and simple.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
Jimm and MBR you guys are stand up guys. You can hunt my land anytime you want. Got lots of moose/elk/deer.
Then why are you so worried about getting rights to hunt on more?
Old 03-25-2019, 08:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Jimm and MBR you guys are stand up guys. You can hunt my land anytime you want. Got lots of moose/elk/deer.
Why stop there? Why not invite everyone with harvest rights over? It would be an awful nice gesture.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Exactly. Blame the game, not the players. This horse got out of the barn a VERY VERY long time ago. Perhaps one day we will see some positive changes from a FED POV. For now, all we can do is try and manage things in our own province.
your friend the poacher is happy to play the game and you dont seem to mind reporting back to everyone... positive changes start with people being reasonable in their requests...

Unfortunately many posters prejeducies prevent them from being reasonable on a discussion like this. I don't like it so I want it changed.. wah wahhh wahhhhh.

Oddly enough I understand the concerns and have similar desires for conservation. I'm just not a lunatic making demands while placing blame on certain groups. It's too bad people arent actually wanting positive changes. It's too bad people cant be reasonable.

Until they are there wont be any changes for anyone.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:33 PM
Banned

Quote:

I'm just not a lunatic making demands while placing blame on certain groups. It's too bad people arent actually wanting positive changes. It's too bad people cant be reasonable.

Oh man, you said a mouthful there!

Demands.... blaming certain people who had nothing to do with the problem, too bad people aren’t wantining positive changes, too bad people cant be reasonable. Man I couldn’t have said it better myself!!!
Old 03-25-2019, 08:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Oh man, you said a mouthful there!

Demands.... blaming certain people who had nothing to do with the problem, too bad people aren’t wantining positive changes, too bad people cant be reasonable. Man I couldn’t have said it better myself!!!
You keep playing the equal rights card with other posters like that's what this is about. How often do we see peoples rights ignored when it comes to other topics like petty theft? rural crime? Trespassers?

Or how about the benefit of the doubt that's given to poaching outfitters?? People love to defend them at all cost...

Throw metis(first nations) rights in the mix and the world is ending. No benefit of the doubt is provided. We somehow become champions of equal rights even tho that's not what we are after.

No one here cares about equal rights. Its evident by your hypocritical posts on other topics. At least be honest with yourself.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
You keep playing the equal rights card with other posters like that's what this is about. How often do we see peoples rights ignored when it comes to other topics like petty theft? rural crime? Trespassers?

Or how about the benefit of the doubt that's given to poaching outfitters?? People love to defend them at all cost...

Throw metis(first nations) rights in the mix and the world is ending. No benefit of the doubt is provided. We somehow become champions of equal rights even tho that's not what we are after.

No one here cares about equal rights. Its evident by your hypocritical posts on other topics. At least be honest with yourself.
So now you are comparing what the Metis want to theft , crime and trespasser?
Jesus, I wasn't even going down that road.

Oh, and now it's a WE??? So, you do have a horse in this race? Way to be transparent and straight forward. Nothing better than a Holier-than-thou virtue signaler hiding in the weeds. Have some class would you. Thats horrible.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:02 PM
Banned

Quote:

Lol, what are you talking about?

Give an example of people saying anything about equal rights when it comes to petty theft, rural crime and trespassing because I have absolutely no clue about what you’re trying to get at.

Benefit of doubt given to poaching outfitters? I mostly just read about guys wanting to roast them!

It sounds like you’re playing a “poor me” card with no facts to back it up.

Hypocritical posts???? I think I just pointed out you are the king of that! Lol, you’re a card!

If you had the slightest clue, which it’s obvious you don’t, you would first read my posts and understand them before trying to turn my words around. Anyone who isn’t racist or biased can understand my stance is about wildlife management and conservation. Other posters have mentioned equal rights, I’m against unregulated harvesting PERIOD. You keep playing the race card hoping it will be a viable defense, but I’ve taken away the race and point blank said it several times it’s not, and never will be about race r3illy, so you better grab the Kleenex, it’s about our wildlife management and the devistation that comes from unregulated harvesting, no matter who is pulling the trigger.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
How often do we see peoples rights ignored when it comes to other topics like petty theft? rural crime? Trespassers?
Yes, it's called a Gladue report but that's not the topic here.

If you think it's anyone's right to completely disassemble the years of conservation because of a self centered feeling of entitlement you are sadly mistaken.

R3illy, in one post you're talking about how you were kicked off your land and told where to live, where to go to school,rights taken away ect. then a few posts later you offer people to hunt on your land? So which was it?
Old 03-25-2019, 09:15 PM

Quote:
I’m a stand up guy as well, any chance I could also hunt your land. I promise I won’t shoot a pregnant cow and will wait till I get drawn.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:28 PM
Banned

kurt your an easy guy to understand as are others... you guys aren't a champion of equal rights. Your stances change on the topic at hand.... poaching outfitters get the benefit of the doubt around here. Topics on crime get demands for vigilante justice...

Throw a metis(first nation) topic into the mix and people go nuts.

Like I said at least be honest with yourself.

If the conversation was about conservation it wouldnt start with your equal rights for all BS. But I've said that 10 + times to deaf ears already
Old 03-25-2019, 09:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post

R3illy, in one post you're talking about how you were kicked off your land and told where to live, where to go to school,rights taken away ect. then a few posts later you offer people to hunt on your land? So which was it?
Never said I was personally removed from my land anywhere. I said first nations in general have been told forever where to go, where to live, where to go to school. And now the solution for people here is to take more away from metis(first nations)??

That doesn't sound like conservation if that's what this topics actually about....
Old 03-25-2019, 09:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
kurt your an easy guy to understand as are others... you guys aren't a champion of equal rights. Your stances change on the topic at hand.... poaching outfitters get the benefit of the doubt around here. Topics on crime get demands for vigilante justice...

Throw a metis(first nation) topic into the mix and people go nuts.

Like I said at least be honest with yourself.
You haven’t got a clue and assume others are on your level. Your “poor me” attitude only works on people who feed off your drivel.

My stance has never changed on this topic, or the topic of any poacher whether it’s a treaty or an outfitter.

You literally are the biggest troll on this forum, continually trying to turn my concerns and the concerns of others on wildlife management and sustainablity into a race war. Constantly! The problem is, pretty much everyone else can see what it’s about and you get little pity.

I’m being 100% honest with myself, I suggest you take your own advice.

As far as trespassing thrives go, sss.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
And now the solution for people here is to take more away from metis(first nations)??

Lol, I’ll have some of whatever you’re drinking.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:49 PM
Banned

Quote:

As far as trespassing thrives go, sss.
Thanks for making my point. Depending on the topic at hand you want whatever rights are convenient to you It's not about equal rights as a few posters keep claiming.

Anyways I'm out. Enjoy.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for making my point. Depending on the topic at hand you want whatever rights are convenient to you It's not about equal rights as a few posters keep claiming.

Anyways I'm out. Enjoy.
You see? You have your simple one track mind so focused on your own personal greed you can’t comprehend the importance of regulated harvesting and it’s benefit to our wildlife conservation efforts.

I couldn’t be happier about your decision to move on, it’s the one thing you’ve said that I actually appreciate.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
And that government is about to go buh bye. Primarily for the stupid decisions they've made in the past 3+ years. This was just another one of them.

As for the benefits portion of your statements, damn rights I'll take them all except UI. I paid into them. See any disparities there? I've also paid plenty into a "draw" system via multiple tags every year, AFGA, etc that if im lucky and start young enough, I may only get to use 2-3 times in my lifetime. See any disparity there? Some pay in to receive those "givens". Some on the receiving end do not.

This decision is a sham. A hunting zone for the privileged stretching from Sask to BC if your lineage is right. Some of the primest of the prime moose grounds, provided for some that were unhappy with only 160 miles in every direction from their settlements to hunt in. Thats how it should have stayed and any exceptions should have been only for people living full time in those settlements. This is not for subsistence hunting which I think we could all agree on. This is a perk. An appeasement. Plain and simple.
I told you bud, I’m not biting, quote all you want.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Never said I was personally removed from my land anywhere. I said first nations in general have been told forever where to go, where to live, where to go to school. And now the solution for people here is to take more away from metis(first nations)??

That doesn't sound like conservation if that's what this topics actually about....
Take away?? You were just given something that no one else has. Your on crack and just a shill for your fellow Metis 3rd nation or your in this for your pwn greed. Planning on hunting Cadomine this year???? Your are not in this for living a traditional life.

Thing is, when you were called out about it, you ran away. Couldn't even have the guts to stand up and admit your in line to receive something here. Be a man and at least own it.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:20 PM

Quote:

I asked this once before but no answers were forthcoming. Why can't persons of Scottish, French, English, etc get the same privileges if they were 50% of the reason the Metis came to be in the first place? Why is only one side of the equation considered?

Hmmmm.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
I asked this once before but no answers were forthcoming. Why can't persons of Scottish, French, English, etc get the same privileges if they were 50% of the reason the Metis came to be in the first place? Why is only one side of the equation considered?

Hmmmm.
Might be because they fathered illegitimate children against the will of the childs mothers????
Old 03-25-2019, 10:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntwat View Post
Might be because they fathered illegitimate children against the will of the childs mothers????
No reason to punish the ones who had consent...
Old 03-25-2019, 11:06 PM

Some of the crap that gets posted here.
Unbelievable.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
What next?
What is the afga's position on this?
In their own words “it’s a huge mistake”.

Last edited by Kurt505; 03-25-2019 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
In their own words “it’s a huge mistake”.
I would love to know how or why they didn't make a public stink about all this?

Perhaps they were caught by surprise as this seems to be something done in the back channels?

Lets hope some where there is a mistake or a law was broke and the UCP can get it straight.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:01 AM
Banned

Quote:

Perhaps they were caught by surprise as this seems to be something done in the back channels?

Lets hope some where there is a mistake or a law was broke and the UCP can get it straight.

Here is their position. r3illy and a couple others will have you think they’re all racists...

I’m with you in hoping there is something that can be done to put a stop to the unregulated harvesting. It’s all too clear where this will lead if it’s not stopped.

https://www.afga.org/afga-concerned-...ing-agreement/
Old 03-26-2019, 07:18 AM

Quote:

Here we go again
This was no surprise and no back channels. Completely above board. Those who chose to follow its progress, did. The AFGA chose not to follow or just kinda ignored the whole issue.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter View Post
The AFGA chose not to follow or just kinda ignored the whole issue.
Really?

You don’t think maybe they have their hands tied? You don’t think maybe the provincial government ignores their concerns? I think you should look a little deeper into the AFGA’s thoughts and concerns regarding the matter, I think you might just be listening to what you want to hear.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:24 AM
Banned

After 11 pages I have yet to see a post that justifies unregulated hunting

Besides the typical... it’s our right...

It’s 2019, even 30 years ago most people thought we would be flying around like the jetsons.

Hunting regulations should be continually changed to maintain and protect the animals first. The time of unregulated hunting is long gone
Old 03-26-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Really?

You don’t think maybe they have their hands tied? You don’t think maybe the provincial government ignores their concerns? I think you should look a little deeper into the AFGA’s thoughts and concerns regarding the matter, I think you might just be listening to what you want to hear.

I understand fully AFGA's position. and I also understand their frustration.

But do not think for 1 minute that this was anything but above board and transparent. The whole process was made public throughout its duration.
I followed each statement and media release. Even knew when the decision was going to be made public. it was all there for everyone to see.

Tunnel vision is poison Kurt. You need to look at the full picture.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter View Post
I understand fully AFGA's position. and I also understand their frustration.

But do not think for 1 minute that this was anything but above board and transparent. The whole process was made public throughout its duration.
I followed each statement and media release. Even knew when the decision was going to be made public. it was all there for everyone to see.

Tunnel vision is poison Kurt. You need to look at the full picture.
You need to read the names at the top of the posts, you’re confusing my posts with others, kinda like r3illy was intentionally doing.

I never said or implied this was a backdoor deal, I knew all about it, as did the AFGA, and unlike what you believe they did not ignore it, they voiced their concerns unfortunately to deaf ears.

I’m not sure if you actually beleive that the thoughts and concerns of outdoorsmen or the general public who can foresee the devistation that will come from unregulated harvesting would have actually mattered in the process of this decision, but I’ll tell you right now that it didn’t and won’t in the future either. This decision isn’t about fish or wildlife at all, it’s strictly political. The devistation to fish and wildlife is the furthest thing from the minds of the government and the metis. Neither party cares about what will happen to our resource, it’s not about conservation of wildlife or culture. If it was a vital part of the metis culture they would have been extinct by now, and obviously the metis culture is still alive and well, as are its people, further proving unregulated harvesting in 2019 is ridiculous.