Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 11-22-2022, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertanGP View Post
I was thinking to myself after the first two days that maybe Alex Peric wasn't so bad after all. Usually that guy gives me a rash in the first 30 seconds of any YouTube video he's in. Then the Day 3 video came out. ROFL. Whoever wins should give the $6,000 prize to Alex's partner.
I agree.... but I find Jon B even worse....I don't think I've ever made it more than 5 minutes into a video the 2 of them are in.
Old 11-23-2022, 09:57 AM

I watched all 5 videos on day 1

Day 2 and 3 I've watched CSO, jay and the geeks only.

I don't feel like I missed anything lol
Old 11-23-2022, 10:56 AM

Fishing Geeks are in the lead right now aren't they? I also only watch Clay/Jay/Geeks so I don't know what the other teams are at.
Old 11-23-2022, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skabulon View Post
Fishing Geeks are in the lead right now aren't they? I also only watch Clay/Jay/Geeks so I don't know what the other teams are at.
I believe Clayton is in the lead. I'd say he's the favorite at this point regardless. He's sitting at Baker's Narrows Lodge for the last two days, and as I think I mentioned in another thread his partner is an absolute stick.
Old 11-23-2022, 11:49 AM

Jay's Day 3 video has the totals for Day3 of 5, if that is correct/current. The totals are:

Catch and Cook 141.00
Clayton Schick Outdoors 124.00
Fishing Geeks 101.50
Cast and Conquer 101.00
Frostbite Fishing 87.25
Uncut Angling 22.25
Old 11-23-2022, 12:00 PM

Fishing Geeks at the end of their day 3 video said they have 160". CSO is at 145.75", and Catch and Cook is at 141. Had to go check the videos again haha.
It'd be nice if they had team totals at the end of each video, but I get that they are trying to get traffic to each teams videos too. I'm still rooting for CSO
Old 11-23-2022, 12:10 PM

Adam and Sean have 160" after Day 3. Still, they will need something unusually big out of Diefenbaker to hold their lead. And I just don't think the lake is that reliable...even for them. I wish them luck though...it could happen. I'm missing them on the trout lake they fished on in Day 2 by a weekend in December.

Jay is also looking good, although I think Clayton's 29" walleye will be what does his team in.

And of course Clayton just needs a laker from Athapap...he probably doesn't even need to upgrade his whitefish. And guess who's on the home page for Baker's Narrows Lodge sticking a pig laker? Yup...
Old 11-23-2022, 02:24 PM

wife and I are also only watching the Clay/Jay/Twins vids. Not missing much, I don't think.

If Clay nails one of his slob lakers up at Athapap, then good night sweetheart...it'll be all over. Manitoba fishing, man....even the Gappers can't stay away.
Old 11-23-2022, 02:48 PM

Delete

Last edited by HL_transplant; 11-23-2022 at 03:12 PM.
Old 11-23-2022, 03:40 PM

The craziest part of these videos is when APB said each angler can have 10 lines in Quebec haha. wild.

I would of preferred this to be one show vs all the different channels, but I guess more content the better.
Old 11-23-2022, 04:20 PM

Ap should be banned from any competition utube fishing videos. . Who agrees to be in a fishing derby then sells out there partner. Even if he does have some type of mental illness he still shouldn’t have agreed to fishing the derby. Doesn’t really surprise me one bit though him and Aaron are both weirdos. No more support to frostbite fishing coming out of my wallet. Like just imaging how the other teams must of thought. Brutal.
Old 11-23-2022, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtsyneil View Post
Ap should be banned from any competition utube fishing videos. . Who agrees to be in a fishing derby then sells out there partner. Even if he does have some type of mental illness he still shouldn’t have agreed to fishing the derby. Doesn’t really surprise me one bit though him and Aaron are both weirdos. No more support to frostbite fishing coming out of my wallet. Like just imaging how the other teams must of thought. Brutal.
The fishing geeks are just as much of a**holes to him too FYI.
Old 11-23-2022, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtsyneil View Post
. No more support to frostbite fishing coming out of my wallet.
This. I was going to pick up two or three of their rods. But honestly I can pick up a Fenwick that's just as good at Cabela's, save some money, and not support Peric. How that guy has double the subs of everyone else combined eludes me...
Old 11-23-2022, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyTheory View Post
The fishing geeks are just as much of a**holes to him too FYI.
Not my cup of tea either. They go on too many bonk fests on all my home lakes and paste it all over youtube, definitely adds to all the smaller lakes seeing way to much pressure due to social media exposure
Old 11-24-2022, 06:06 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

The beauty of this all is what you don’t like you don’t view.

I have followed all these fellas, sometimes I shake my head, sometimes I laugh but generally speaking I learn a few things here and there plus it’s entertaining just gotta choose and that there is on us….choices.

Look forward to day4!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-24-2022, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave P View Post
I would of preferred this to be one show vs all the different channels, but I guess more content the better.
this is definitely what holds it back. Having to watch all the separate vids is annoying. But....it's really expensive and time consuming to edit it all into one thing, so this was the cheap and easy way to go. Hopefully, one day, we get back to a proper competition series that's edited together by Jay's company.
Old 11-25-2022, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa View Post
this is definitely what holds it back. Having to watch all the separate vids is annoying. But....it's really expensive and time consuming to edit it all into one thing, so this was the cheap and easy way to go. Hopefully, one day, we get back to a proper competition series that's edited together by Jay's company.
I've been following this a little bit, I find it very confusing especially after the first two episodes when Aaron wasn't even on now this other guy exits. the only ones worth really watching are Clayton and Jay in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2022, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
I've been following this a little bit, I find it very confusing especially after the first two episodes when Aaron wasn't even on now this other guy exits. the only ones worth really watching are Clayton and Jay in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I mostly agree. The Twins are nice and all, and top notch anglers, but their vids are pretty low budget.
Old 11-30-2022, 11:20 AM

Team CSO are killing it!
That laker was simply a beast.

Old 11-30-2022, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Team CSO are killing it!
That laker was simply a beast.

I figured CS would be headed up to Kiss for a slob laker...it's what he does better than anyone. But I'm REALLY curious about what Wiebe and Tully did...cripes. They must have had an unreal day. Really hope that footage surfaces eventually.
Old 11-30-2022, 03:07 PM

After watching 3 and 4 of Catch and Conquer, I'm kind of rooting for them since AP left them pretty much high and dry. A lot of stuff in there vids seemed relatable to the average joe haha.
Old 11-30-2022, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave P View Post
After watching 3 and 4 of Catch and Conquer, I'm kind of rooting for them since AP left them pretty much high and dry. A lot of stuff in there vids seemed relatable to the average joe haha.
One of the videos...I can't recall if it was Clayton or the Konrads...referred to Catch & Conquer with a bit of a snicker. I got a kick out of that. Maybe Team FrostBite's rant wasn't far off the money.
Old 12-05-2022, 01:16 PM

I haven't had much of a chance to watch. What's going on? Sounds like APB quit midway and Aaron Wiebe joined midway?
Old 12-05-2022, 01:51 PM

Thanks for posting about this. Binged watched the last few days while recovering from a cold. Waiting patiently for the finish.

That was a pretty dramatic Lake Trout Clayton got! Wow
Old 12-05-2022, 03:23 PM

Not sure if many of you AB folks follow "The Casting Deck" podcast on FB/YT (it's Manitoba based) but they'll be having a special pod tonight with most of the people involved in this series. Might be worth a watch if you're invested at all in GoI.....
Old 12-05-2022, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinelakeperch View Post
I haven't had much of a chance to watch. What's going on? Sounds like APB quit midway and Aaron Wiebe joined midway?
uncut was one of the teams right from the get go and is now choosing not to edit the videos and be part of the show. So he is sitting on all of his footage and isnt going to release it. AP had a mental breakdown half way through and literally just up and left in the middle of the night without telling his partner. Left his partner high and dry. Im really starting to like AP's old partner. He and his new partner are doing a hell of a job with what they have.
Old 12-06-2022, 01:23 PM

Well I gotta admit team CSO made me laugh, pizza pops, dog poop and then poor Carl getting whacked upside the head for encroaching on their fishing spot plus some epic fishing what’s not to like.

Winners are to be announced here

https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...e-fishing-show

Can’t wait!

Old 12-06-2022, 02:44 PM

Not sure what that article means. The teams definitely know the results. They were all on the Casting Deck Podcast last night and they know who won.
Old 12-06-2022, 02:46 PM

as much as I don't like Peric and what he did in this event, I deal with mental health issues, so I'm trying to cut him a bit of slack. As far as Frostbite gear goes, it's just good quality equipment, regardless of what you think of AP himself. I've had a Dipstick for a couple seasons now and love it, and the wife and I just got a pair of Drenches paired with the new FB Diesel reels. Excited to test those out on Newell next weekend...

Congrats to Clay and Adam...they were smart enough to leave The Gap and head to Manitoba in order to win a fishing competition!
Old 12-06-2022, 03:39 PM

Default Game Of Inches: 39 Hours (Sort Of) Ice Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by HL_transplant View Post
Not sure what that article means. The teams definitely know the results. They were all on the Casting Deck Podcast last night and they know who won.

So on this podcast they announced who won?

The teams know who won but was it released to us?

Ok found it on YouTube,your right what the heck the article was talking about?
Congrats team CSO.

Now I can turn this podcast off reminds me of the Brady Bunch intro

Last edited by 58thecat; 12-06-2022 at 03:55 PM.