Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-05-2022, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Usually this kind of negative groupthink Nancy talk would pop up here in late Jan or Feb.

But these days…..

Beginning deer season

Sigh

And yes elk…. With your 30+ years in the patch and adopted populist algorithm are imminently wiser and have the answers .

Guys here really need to read a fav Theo Roosevelt speech I like.
I didn't say that I was qualified, I merely pointed out that government ministers are often not appointed based on qualifications. Trudeau appointed a cabinet based heavily on diversity, and other leaders have made choices that were no better.
So perhaps you can tell me why Hoffman was qualified to be the minister of health?
Old 11-05-2022, 08:22 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
then again are all health ministers actually better qualified to run our health care system? What were hoffman's qualifications, other than calling albertans sewer rats?
lol

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-05-2022, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Is it mildly hilarious that grown men and teenagers alike think that feedlot operators, welders, farmers, etc can run a better show, or what?
With employees, equipment, feed orders, environmental regulations, thousands of cattle to manage, etc., I would think a feedlot operator would have to be an exception manager.
Old 11-05-2022, 08:26 PM

Quote:
I didn't say that I was qualified, I merely pointed out that government ministers are often not appointed based on qualifications. Trudeau appointed a cabinet based heavily on diversity, and other leaders have made choices that were no better.
So perhaps you can tell me why Hoffman was qualified to be the minister of health?
The man in the arena….. that’s the speech

It’s like he’s writing about you and other guys here.

Oh… he’s a republican and he hunts so it’s ok to check it out.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 11-05-2022, 08:28 PM

Quote:
The man in the arena….. that’s the speech

It’s like he’s writing about you and other guys here.

Oh… he’s a republican and he hunts so it’s ok to check it out.
So you can't explain how Hoffman was qualified to be minister of health? Just as I thought.
Old 11-05-2022, 08:30 PM

Lol

That is quite the algorithm you roll with.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 11-05-2022, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Lol

That is quite the algorithm you roll with.
And you still can't answer a simple question. Perhaps you have a career in politics?
Old 11-05-2022, 08:48 PM

Quote:
WELDoR!!!!

Wasent he on Mastersof the Universe….?

HeMan fought him I’m sure..!

Lol

Ohh boys… has anyone noticed that AO actually has a ‘private healthcare da best!!’ Thread…

Three spots down…. Them damn private dentists charging so much…. Grumble grumble…

Oi vey!
I thought it was the hatch you opened to get a bucket of water

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2022, 10:37 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
And you still can't answer a simple question. Perhaps you have a career in politics?
Can't, or won't because it would prove your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia.org
Hoffman has worked as both a teacher and researcher for the NDP before becoming involved in politics. She holds a BA and BSc from Concordia University College of Alberta, in religion and math respectively. She also holds a Bachelor of Education and a Master of Education from the University of Alberta, with a specialization in educational policy studies
And she bandaged her own finger once.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-05-2022, 11:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post

Oh man I must have been in school with her 🤦*♂️
She’s a professional student
Waste of oxygen
Old 11-05-2022, 11:14 PM
Banned

Quote:

"Teacher". Enough said.
Old 11-05-2022, 11:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridger2010 View Post
"Teacher". Enough said.
Yep
Most of the people I knew that were taking education. Were taking it because it was the least amount of effort for the most money in return.
Old 11-05-2022, 11:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
Yep
Most of the people I knew that were taking education. Were taking it because it was the least amount of effort for the most money in return.
When you go through State education for 16 years and then get paid to preach State propaganda....your voice doesn't carry much weight.
Old 11-06-2022, 01:14 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
"Teacher". Enough said.
I wouldn't got that far.

There are some mighty fine people in that profession.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-06-2022, 05:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
I wouldn't got that far.

There are some mighty fine people in that profession.
Meh. Collectivist mentality is epidemic in that profession.
Old 11-06-2022, 06:01 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Meh. Collectivist mentality is epidemic in that profession.
LOL.

Ya got me there, I can't despute that.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-06-2022, 06:37 AM

Quote:
"Teacher". Enough said.
Teachers… the most discriminated against group I’ve ever seen in my lifetime!

My little guy is on the mend today. Finally got to see a great doctor who got him the things he needed.
Old 11-06-2022, 06:40 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherdan View Post

My little guy is on the mend today. Finally got to see a great doctor who got him the things he needed.
That’s great to hear.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-06-2022, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherdan View Post

Good to hear you are getting your boy care

The state of our healthcare system in Canada can be frustrating especially when you or a family members needs care and you are struggling to get it

Been there
Old 11-06-2022, 07:22 AM

Good to hear kids on the mend.

Smith is on track to ruin the UPC’s chance at re-election.

Her wing nut suck up attitude is alienated people who don’t want crazy but rather steady, common sense, fiscally responsible governance.

She is living in the heads of vaccine paranoia whereas most people have that far in their rear view mirror.

She has said and done stupid things prior to election as premier and then continued her track record immediately after being elected.

She is threatening the integrity of healthcare with a perceived attitude of a nut job as opposed to a well thought out, data driven and care protected approach and fiscally prudent approach.

She doesn’t seem focused on what the majority care about but a fringe minority and is alienated UPC base.

Either she is nuts or her handlers are idiots or both. Regardless she needs to do a 180 and smarten up before the NDP are in power for another 4 years… make enough changes to entrain themselves in power and ride the wave of UPC distrust.

This isn’t rocket science but some just don’t get it or seem to care with willful blinders on to the reality we face.

Holding on to hurt feelings from two years ago and not moving on is the recipe for failure.

Just a thought.

PS. Healthcare is vitally important to many and even a die hard Conservative with punish the UPC if it looks like they are doing stupid things. Smith… get your head out of your butt and govern with common sense for gods sake. There are more people in this province than the hardcore anti vax community.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 11-06-2022, 07:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post

Her wing nut suck up attitude is alienated people who don’t want crazy but rather steady, common sense, fiscally responsible governance.

She is living in the heads of vaccine paranoia whereas most people have that far in their rear view mirror.

She has said and done stupid things prior to election as premier and then continued her track record immediately after being elected.

She is threatening the integrity of healthcare with a perceived attitude of a nut job as opposed to a well thought out, data driven and care protected approach and fiscally prudent approach.

She doesn’t seem focused on what the majority care about but a fringe minority and is alienated UPC base.

Either she is nuts or her handlers are idiots or both. Regardless she needs to do a 180 and smarten up before the NDP are in power for another 4 years… make enough changes to entrain themselves in power and ride the wave of UPC distrust.

This isn’t rocket science but some just don’t get it or seem to care with willful blinders on to the reality we face.

Holding on to hurt feelings from two years ago and not moving on is the recipe for failure.

Just a thought.

PS. Healthcare is vitally important to many and even a die hard Conservative with punish the UPC if it looks like they are doing stupid things. Smith… get your head out of your butt and govern with common sense for gods sake. There are more people in this province than the hardcore anti vax community.
One could argue that "more of the same" is the immoral approach of the true wingnuts.
Old 11-06-2022, 07:31 AM

Quote:

Just a thought.

Are you looking for Amnesty?
Finally we have someone doing what they said they would do.
Wake up!
Old 11-06-2022, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Is it mildly hilarious that grown men and teenagers alike think that feedlot operators, welders, farmers, etc can run a better show, or what?

Lol.
The problem is the alternative is having environmental activists, students and left wing lobbyists running the show.
Old 11-06-2022, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhunter View Post
Are you looking for Amnesty?
Finally we have someone doing what they said they would do.
Wake up!
Sorry. You don’t make sense.

You can argue that and feel proud when the NDP is the government and Smith is opposition. Then wallow in perceived moral superiority… but is it a win? Truly?

What has she done that can’t be undone by the NDP? What has she done which has essentially been lip service but zero value to the present?
What has she done to actually target problems in a way that doesn’t seem off kilter?

Winning in one’s own minds is a fools game. She has to win for real… on the real field of play… and right now she is removing vital pieces to that future win.

Consequences can be dire unless the reviewer has blinders on. The resulting blind side is evident to all but a small few who look surprised..

I don’t want that for the UPC.

Quote:
One could argue that "more of the same" is the immoral approach of the true wingnuts.
Agree totally.

The key is to have smart people in the know present the logic for the change and implement in a common sense approach.

Walking into a broken business, screaming at people, shouting blames, making stuff up that can’t be supported… while wielding a sled hammer saying “I’m the saviour…see me making changes?” doesn’t nothing to build trust with voters. Identify actual problems, pinch points, gaps etc … explain the differences between solutions and which is the best solution for what reason. Be prepared to counter a difference of opinions with the opposition. Have defined check points to show what’s working and what needs tweaking.

Is the current UPC leadership smart enough to be up to this task? Seems like some true believers are in the mindset… trust the hammer wielding fringe orator to be our saviour. She knows best so trust and don’t ask questions.

Sorry… but that’s the reason for all politicians evils. Blind trust and zero accountability and common sense.

PS.

Smith can turn the tide… but can she or will she in time?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin

Last edited by Sundancefisher; 11-06-2022 at 07:53 AM.
Old 11-06-2022, 07:59 AM

Quote:

Just a thought.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg AA69F248-4BF7-4266-B644-ACA9B1F53618.jpg (20.3 KB, 62 views)
Old 11-06-2022, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slough shark View Post
The problem is the alternative is having environmental activists, students and left wing lobbyists running the show.
Sad but true, they attack industry, and hand out money, until there is none left, then someone else is left to fix the mess that they left.
Old 11-06-2022, 08:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Sorry. You don’t make sense.

You can argue that and feel proud when the NDP is the government and Smith is opposition. Then wallow in perceived moral superiority… but is it a win? Truly?

What has she done that can’t be undone by the NDP? What has she done which has essentially been lip service but zero value to the present?
What has she done to actually target problems in a way that doesn’t seem off kilter?

Winning in one’s own minds is a fools game. She has to win for real… on the real field of play… and right now she is removing vital pieces to that future win.

Consequences can be dire unless the reviewer has blinders on. The resulting blind side is evident to all but a small few who look surprised..

I don’t want that for the UPC.

Agree totally.

The key is to have smart people in the know present the logic for the change and implement in a common sense approach.

Walking into a broken business, screaming at people, shouting blames, making stuff up that can’t be supported… while wielding a sled hammer saying “I’m the saviour…see me making changes?” doesn’t nothing to build trust with voters. Identify actual problems, pinch points, gaps etc … explain the differences between solutions and which is the best solution for what reason. Be prepared to counter a difference of opinions with the opposition. Have defined check points to show what’s working and what needs tweaking.

Is the current UPC leadership smart enough to be up to this task? Seems like some true believers are in the mindset… trust the hammer wielding fringe orator to be our saviour. She knows best so trust and don’t ask questions.

Sorry… but that’s the reason for all politicians evils. Blind trust and zero accountability and common sense.

PS.

Smith can turn the tide… but can she or will she in time?
She doing a great job of lighting the commies' hair on fire. Hopefully they leave and we infill with liberty minded people from other areas. Or they just leave. I'm good with that too.
Old 11-06-2022, 08:22 AM

Quote:
She doing a great job of lighting the commies' hair on fire. Hopefully they leave and we infill with liberty minded people from other areas. Or they just leave. I'm good with that too.
Yep, more tradesmen please...

Farmers and Ranchers anyone?

Maybe through in some oilpatch hands on the side...

Just havin fun, Lol...
Old 11-06-2022, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody j View Post
If you continue to hang onto this one narrative and ignore the world outside of that sphere… Notley walks into the job smiling.

So meme away but look back on the post down the road… hopefully you can smile and not grimace.
Old 11-06-2022, 08:50 AM

Quote:
She is on the right track. The only ones she is scaring are the left leaners.
A true conservative will never vote for nutjob. If the ndp won the election, the left outnumbers the right in Alberta...and it's coming with the increasing population of calgary and edmonton. Numbers are growing daily of those who like to suck at the left teat