Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-21-2022, 12:29 PM
Banned

Thumbs up CSSA Takes Trudeau To Court

The Canadian Shooting Sports Association Launches Multi-Pronged Lawsuit Against Trudeau Government over Handgun Freeze

OSHAWA, ON– The Canadian Shooting Sports Association (CSSA) has launched a multi-pronged lawsuit against the Canadian federal government for its de facto handgun confiscation scheme euphemistically labelled a “handgun freeze.”

The Trudeau government scheme, initiated in various forms by a proposed House of Commons' regulation, an Order in Council and a ministerial discretion order under the Export and Imports Permits Act, affects hundreds of thousands of licensed handgun owners with the ultimate effect of confiscating their property without compensation.

“The Supreme Court is clear on the issue of property confiscation,” said Tony Bernardo, Executive Director of the CSSA. “Compensation must be paid when government confiscates the lawfully acquired property of private citizens, and this government is attempting to circumvent the Criminal Code and longstanding Supreme Court precedent.”

“The Trudeau government attempts to trample on provincial jurisdiction in order to avoid paying compensation to handgun owners. They rendered handguns valueless by freezing the lawful handgun market, then state the only legal recourse is to surrender this property to the government – a clear violation of the laws of succession and vesting of property upon death to a beneficiary.”

Through its attempts to bypass Parliament, the Trudeau government violated Sections 7 and 8 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, the Constitution Acts, 1867-1982 consolidated, the Firearms Act SC and provincial jurisdiction through the laws of succession and vesting of property upon death to a beneficiary.

“We will hold the Trudeau Liberal government to account in an impartial court of law for its blatant disregard of the civil rights of ordinary Canadians, its contempt for provincial jurisdiction, ministerial overreach, and its repeated violation of the Firearms Act and its supremacy in law,” said Tony Bernardo.

https://web-extract.constantcontact....iMY4Qbh3isWBzI
Old 11-21-2022, 12:42 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

I believe the CSSA is taking the right approach in this matter. The Trudeau government vainly thinks they are above the law and parliamentary procedure. Let's just see if any Judge will side with them on this...

If at all interested, you can support the CSSA Case here: https://store.cssa-cila.org/shop/lawsuit/
Old 11-21-2022, 09:59 PM

Good. Im glad they are taking him to court

I hope they find him guilty and hang him
Old 11-22-2022, 06:26 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up

We all new that this was all gonna get tied up in courts until the turd is flushed then back to the norm.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-22-2022, 07:05 AM

As much as I am hoping for the best, I fear that even if the courts agree that this isn't legal, they will just institute a buyback for handguns,when the owner passes, and the value will be so low, that it will be an insult. How do you even assess a fair market value, when there is no market?
Old 11-22-2022, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
As much as I am hoping for the best, I fear that even if the courts agree that this isn't legal, they will just institute a buyback for handguns,when the owner passes, and the value will be so low, that it will be an insult. How do you even assess a fair market value, when there is no market?
For ones I want to part with willingly, I might accept the black market values referenced by the police in occasional press releases, being that’s what they could theoretically be sold for