Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-22-2022, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
Well don't worry, when your arrested you'll get five star treatment in a government run facility. Access to medical, school, recreation, free food and clothes. If they don't provide you with the exact same as every other criminal than you can claim discrimination and unfair/illegal treatment at the hands of the government and you can sue them for millions!
Far more likely to get the Rodger Kotanko treatment. Examples need to be made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Make no mistake. It will.
How have gun owners not figured out yet that *ALL* guns are going to end up on the list?? Yes, Elmer, this means you will be a criminal for owning a single shot break action 12 gauge that your Opa brought over from the Old Country to shoot rabbits. Welcome to the club of Criminals who possess firearms. *ANY* firearms.

Are we awake yet? Coffee?

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-22-2022, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post

How have gun owners not figured out yet that *ALL* guns are going to end up on the list?? Yes, Elmer, this means you will be a criminal for owning a single shot break action 12 gauge that your Opa brought over from the Old Country to shoot rabbits. Welcome to the club of Criminals who possess firearms. *ANY* firearms.

Are we awake yet? Coffee?
Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they outlaw my drilling because it is a "three shot rifle capable of rapid fire"
Cat
Old 11-22-2022, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they outlaw my drilling because it is a "three shot rifle capable of rapid fire"
Cat
Well it's obvious you are a threat to public safety. A drilling?? It's right in the name. Think of the children Cat! Cut it up into small pieces tonight! If it saves just one life.....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-22-2022, 09:26 PM

Color me surprised. Wonder how the "Gun" owners on this forum and others, who were jumping for joy when Harper lost the election, Feel now?

Pretty smug I guess.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 11-22-2022, 09:32 PM

Does anyone know of this is just for center fire semi-auto’s or if the rotten buggers are also after our magazine-fed rimfires?
Old 11-22-2022, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Does anyone know of this is just for center fire semi-auto’s or if the rotten buggers are also after our magazine-fed rimfires?
They are after them all, but they may only go for the center fires this time. Then when they need to distract people again, they will go after more.
Old 11-22-2022, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Color me surprised. Wonder how the "Gun" owners on this forum and others, who were jumping for joy when Harper lost the election, Feel now?

Pretty smug I guess.
No different....they were stupid then, still stupid now.
Old 11-22-2022, 10:35 PM

Quote:
They're too chicken**** to ban the rimfire at the same time.
Old 11-22-2022, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
It says semiautomatic centerfire with removable magazine with capacity above 5 and the list. That is why I asked for the list
I don’t understand this- a legal SKS has a magazine pinned to accept a maximum of 5 rounds. So why is they ban this rifle?
Old 11-22-2022, 11:37 PM

Quote:
We might have to convert them into belt-fed….
Old 11-22-2022, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
I don’t understand this- a legal SKS has a magazine pinned to accept a maximum of 5 rounds. So why is they ban this rifle?
One word" politics".
Old 11-23-2022, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Well… Because they can, it appears. To their credit, however, and I think I said it two years ago, it made zero sense to ban a pretty expensive Swiss Arms Classic and keep the cheap SKS off the list. It was kind of obvious the SKS was joining the list. Also, this little part makes it fit right in without the need to be specifically pointed out in the “list”:

designed to accept a detachable cartridge magazine with a capacity greater than five cartridges of the type for which the firearm was originally designed

I will be and won’t be surprised at the same time (lol) if 10/22 will be on this list.
Old 11-23-2022, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Well… Because they can, it appears. To their credit, however, and I think I said it two years ago, it made zero sense to ban a pretty expensive Swiss Arms Classic and keep the cheap SKS off the list. It was kind of obvious the SKS was joining the list. Also, this little part makes it fit right in without the need to be specifically pointed out in the “list”:

designed to accept a detachable cartridge magazine with a capacity greater than five cartridges of the type for which the firearm was originally designed

I will be and won’t be surprised at the same time (lol) if 10/22 will be on this list.
As per the OP, the GSG16 is on the list…. So why not the 10/22 or any other semi auto rimfire?
Old 11-23-2022, 12:11 AM

It says there there are more on the list.
Old 11-23-2022, 01:59 AM

It was predictable they'd do this, or at least try it, they tried it in the Senate in C71, nothing to this extent, but, to add to it, it got rejected then. They won't reject these this time.
Time to start with letters to the Senate, your MP's, NDP MP's, Bloc MP's, Lib MP's, even outside of your province.
Guaranteed Notley supports it, write to her and whatever NDP MLA's we have here in AB.
Let them know the gunowners in this country can and likely will organize to wipe out their parties in the next election for supporting the Libs.
Old 11-23-2022, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
No time like the present to join the CCFR

https://membership.firearmrights.ca/...ual_membership

Other then joining the CCFR what are some reasonable things people can do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2022, 04:48 AM

Default They'll take it all.

The gun grab is on and it's madness. If we as Canadians allow our government to remove lawfully owned items such as guns and ammunition, they won't stop there.
Soon they will be coming after your boat because it upsets nature in its natural form. Then your bicycle will be after that. Your car, that burns gasoline. Yep that too. Do you like gardening. Too bad. That will interfere with the government run social programs where they supply the food. So a fresh carrot or two will be contraband. And on it will go. The leader of the NDP doesn't like your kind of music so listening to it will be illegal. The leader of the Bloc doesn't like your English so "You Will Speak French" or else.
This is all aimed at keeping you and I, normal Canadians, divided. We will point at each other and whisper. We won't like our neighbors because they don't follow the laws that we like. They won't like you for the same reasons. It will be East against the West. Left against Right. My religion against your religion. Right here in good ol' Canada.
Once the Canadian public is unarmed, the dictatorship will quickly follow. Voting and having a choice will end. Your choices won't matter.
We must all act quickly by voicing your concern today by email, posted letter, phone call or in person meeting with your elected official. Cc your correspondence to the opposition as well. Just take 30 minutes before the end of the week to show your defiance to such control. If you don't voice up now your hunting and fishing days are over. Today, it's your choice as tomorrow you'll have no choice.
Old 11-23-2022, 07:24 AM

They are telling use we need electric vehicles as well can’t have gas .

It’s sad to see the liberals morph into such a despicable party. I’ve heard it said “it takes a special kind of stupid to be a liberal.”
Old 11-23-2022, 07:30 AM

Quote:
As per the OP, the GSG16 is on the list…. So why not the 10/22 or any other semi auto rimfire?
Probably because in all their ignorance they haven't discovered there are semi auto rimfires, probably don't know what rimfire is. Soon as they figure that out it will get banned.
Old 11-23-2022, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
More meaningless laws that no one is going to follow, and will do nothing.
Good work morons.
The liberals have had pretty good success rates on compliance regarding previous idiotic gun "laws". Remember the long gun registry?
Do you believe this time will be any different?
Old 11-23-2022, 10:08 AM

THis is yesterday's SECU meeting, with the process for introducing the amendments they introduced;

https://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/Harmony/en...21122/-1/38099
Old 11-23-2022, 12:14 PM

Your compliance, or lack thereof, will determine if the Liberals win or lose.

Disarming citizens. Where in history have you heard this before? Punishing innocent citizens . Where have you heard this before?

Apathy will kill Canada.
Old 11-23-2022, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.orange View Post
So that 1968 Browning BAR in 30-06, wearing a fixed 4x scopechief, that I no longer own? Detachable mag on the hinged floor plate...
If it is centerfire rifle with a detachable magazine that holds 5 rounds or less (less in this case) it is ok. Unless of course it is SKS which doesn't take detachable magazines, a Benelli M4 which isn't a rifle, one of a variety of rimfires, or a bunch of other firearms that don't match any criteria listed but are also banned... I give up

So really at this point who knows.
Old 11-23-2022, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooeylover View Post
Cause they are a variant of a long distance precision sniper rifle.
Oh, some of you laugh at me???
We’ll see……
And expect the bolt actions with a pistol grip, to be the first banned, because they look scary to some people.
Old 11-23-2022, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
And expect the bolt actions with a pistol grip, to be the first banned, because they look scary to some people.
And nobody needs pistol grips for hunting, that’s for killing people only!
Old 11-23-2022, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
The gun grab is on and it's madness. If we as Canadians allow our government to remove lawfully owned items such as guns and ammunition, they won't stop there.
Soon they will be coming after your boat because it upsets nature in its natural form. Then your bicycle will be after that. Your car, that burns gasoline. Yep that too. Do you like gardening. Too bad. That will interfere with the government run social programs where they supply the food. So a fresh carrot or two will be contraband. And on it will go. The leader of the NDP doesn't like your kind of music so listening to it will be illegal. The leader of the Bloc doesn't like your English so "You Will Speak French" or else.
This is all aimed at keeping you and I, normal Canadians, divided. We will point at each other and whisper. We won't like our neighbors because they don't follow the laws that we like. They won't like you for the same reasons. It will be East against the West. Left against Right. My religion against your religion. Right here in good ol' Canada.

Once the Canadian public is unarmed, the dictatorship will quickly follow. Voting and having a choice will end. Your choices won't matter.
We must all act quickly by voicing your concern today by email, posted letter, phone call or in person meeting with your elected official. Cc your correspondence to the opposition as well. Just take 30 minutes before the end of the week to show your defiance to such control. If you don't voice up now your hunting and fishing days are over. Today, it's your choice as tomorrow you'll have no choice.
This is right , this is how it worked when hitler was gaining power
Old 11-23-2022, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Your compliance, or lack thereof, will determine if the Liberals win or lose.

Disarming citizens. Where in history have you heard this before? Punishing innocent citizens . Where have you heard this before?

Apathy will kill Canada.
This is the problem , nobody cares till it’s their problem , by then they have control, something like the hitler regime did,
Old 11-23-2022, 08:35 PM

From a Jewish person near the gas chambers when ask why they did nothing.

"We saw the smoke, we did nothing, or we became the smoke"

No different then with the apathetic firearms owners in Canada. This started way back with Turd'o 1. so it is not like you were not warned.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 11-24-2022, 07:36 AM

Well. Remember to hit that like button on the Support the RCMP ads.

"I came to Ottawa with the firm belief that the only people in this country who should have guns are police officers and soldiers."

— Allan Rock, Canada's Minister of Justice
Maclean's "Taking aim on guns", 1994 April 25, Vol.107 Issue 17, page 12.

"... protection of life is NOT a legitimate use for a firearm in this country sir! Not! That is expressly ruled out!".

— Justice Minister Allan Rock
Old 11-24-2022, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanCretien View Post
Well. Remember to hit that like button on the Support the RCMP ads.

You mean the people that are playing their part by doing the classifications for Trudeau? Without their help, the liberals would have no clue about firearms.