Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-24-2022, 06:28 PM

Lots of bolt action rifles listed, pretty much every bolt action Alberta Tactical rifle is listed, even old Parker double barrel shotguns, according to the list my old Parker DHE with damascus barrels is now illegal.

All I can say is if this list is legit they will have stirred the hornets nest.
Old 11-24-2022, 06:51 PM

What we need is for the new Conservative "leader" to repeal this. Which means that scumbag Jagmeet and Trudeau need to be sent packing.

There is no excuse for Canada to be in the state it is in. Constant liberal attacks on citizens, farmers, ranchers and a total disregard for our military past and present.

This is what you get when you vote cult of personality.

Far too much Canadian money propping up other countries.

Far too much focus on rehabilitation of criminals over punishment.

Far too much patronage of liberal supporters.

Far too many weak men and women.

It's sickening. And it goes way beyond guns.

Canada is turning into a welfare state. It is well on its way thanks to the liberal ndp coalition.
Old 11-24-2022, 06:57 PM

Default Here's what I sent to them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey Boy View Post
Do you own a rifle or shotgun?

Does it shoot centrefire ammo?

Does it have a detachable magazine?

If it’s a semi-automatic, you need to know the federal Liberals have just decided to ban them.

And if you’re a taxpayer, you’re going to get a bill that’s getting bigger all the time.

Here’s what’s happening.

The federal Public Safety and National Security committee has been deliberating on Bill C-21. That’s the bill to ban handguns.

And a Liberal MP from Toronto just introduced an amendment to change the definition of prohibited firearm to include this:
(g) a firearm that is a rifle or shotgun, that is capable of discharging centre-fire ammunition in a semi-automatic manner and that is designed to accept a detachable cartridge magazine with a capacity greater than five cartridges of the type for which the firearm was originally designed

That means the Trudeau government now wants to prohibit hundreds of other rifles and shotguns.

The Trudeau government’s so-called gun ban and buyback was already going to cost taxpayers hundreds of millions. If this amendment passes, the government will be confiscating more guns and the bill will go way up.

Government MPs didn’t want to hear from you on this amendment. There was no consultation. No justification or cost analysis.

You need to tell the federal Department of Public Safety what you think about this. Here’s the email address: ps.ministerofpublicsafety-ministrede...e.sp@canada.ca

The federal government’s so-called gun ban and buyback won’t make Canada safer, but it will cost taxpayers a lot of money.

The National Police Federation said the policy “do very little to address their goal to increase public safety” and it “diverts extremely important personnel, resources, and funding away from addressing the more immediate and growing threat of criminal use of illegal firearms.”

Fighting the long-gun ban took a long time. But it was a fight worth fighting. This one is too.

Thanks again for your support in this fight.*

Robin, Todd, Shannon and all of the CTF team*

P.S.: Sending an email only takes a minute. Here’s the address: ps.ministerofpublicsafety-ministrede...e.sp@canada.ca

Share this message on:*Twitter Facebook Pinterest LinkedIn Google Plus Instapaper

Like us on Facebook*|*Follow us on Twitter*|*Forward to a friend*
Copyright © 2022 Canadian Taxpayers Federation, All rights reserved.
Here's what I sent them. I hope it convinces them to change their evil ways. This action took about 8 minutes.

Sorry folks, but I disagree with the gun ban and especially the method of ramming it down our throats. This proposed ban needs to be set to vote by Canadians, not a bunch of Liberals who want things done their way without proper consultation. How about asking the law abiding gun owners, gun shop owners, range owners, gun manufacturers, indigenous peoples and the general public how they feel? Imagine telling the natives they are no longer to hunt with the rifles they use to feed themselves.
I think you're about to find out at the next election how Canadians feel as the liberals are not going to win because of the gun prohibition. I will go above and beyond to convince others not to vote for bad people like the liberals, NDP and the Bloc. Oh, and thanks for wasting billions of taxpayers dollars on this as well. I'm sure that money could be used for hospitals and nurses, road repair and the like, but you've decided to waste all that money with Bill C-21 and the handgun ban.
What a waste.
Old 11-24-2022, 08:05 PM

That is one farkin long document.

There is a Mauser 1908 Brazilian on pg 132 line Z.0648, I am gathering from the section it is in, they are talking about one build that was 20mm or greater or else it was 10,000joules or greater, probably an anti tank version.
Assuming they also classify Montana 1999dgr on pg133, Purdey Double Rifle and the Ruger #1 and Searcy DR and Steven Grant DR and the Wby Mark V etc under that, in which case, you have to go to the FRT's to check the cartridge list they were chambered in, ie; 460 Wby, 408 Cheytac, 50BMG, 600NE, 700NE etc to see the specific chambering listed for it. It would have been simpler to do it by cartridge than by gun, but, looks like that is what they did, don't see an H&H or Rigby or Webley and Scott actioned DR on there, Heym 88b is though, no Krieghoff's, no Blaser's, may be a few others in there that are some obscure mfgr.
Pg 255 has a bunch of Parker Bros shotguns--likely 4 & 8 bores, etc

I found the GSG stuff, 15,16, STG 44, MP40 are all listed. pg 285-305.

Benelli MR1 is on pg 275, do not see specifically Browning BAR civilian semi auto version, unless it is a variant under some other version. Doesn't make a lot of sense in that group. Do not see Rem 742 etc listed, R25 is.

Pretty much any AR, M1, M14 version is listed there, Norinco type 81, 97 etc is there, WK180C, WS-NCR, BCL102, . FX9 is there. Bunch of Keltec's and Kriss Vector's, pg 290 & 291.
Old 11-24-2022, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
What we need is for the new Conservative "leader" to repeal this. Which means that scumbag Jagmeet and Trudeau need to be sent packing.

There is no excuse for Canada to be in the state it is in. Constant liberal attacks on citizens, farmers, ranchers and a total disregard for our military past and present.

This is what you get when you vote cult of personality.

Far too much Canadian money propping up other countries.

Far too much focus on rehabilitation of criminals over punishment.

Far too much patronage of liberal supporters.

Far too many weak men and women.

It's sickening. And it goes way beyond guns.

Canada is turning into a welfare state. It is well on its way thanks to the liberal ndp coalition.
Well said as always!

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 11-24-2022, 09:30 PM

Default Makes you wonder

What they have planned for us after they take all the guns? This has happened in many countries before. They fear us.
Old 11-24-2022, 09:39 PM

When in history has disarming citizens ever turned out for the better?

Oh, but this time is definitely different...
Old 11-24-2022, 10:17 PM

Default It is time

Eendrag Maak Mag
Old 11-25-2022, 12:18 PM
Banned

Arrow

Conservatives say Liberals cross ‘red line’ with bid to restrict firearms used by hunters

Conservative MPs say the government is crossing a “red line” with its last-minute amendment to ban semi-automatic rifles and shotguns primarily used by hunters, farmers and sport shooters.

The House of Commons Public Safety Committee met on Thursday to continue its clause-by-clause consideration of Bill C-21, proposed legislation to further restrict access to handguns in Canada.

Committee members spent nearly the entire two-and-a-half hour hearing debating a Liberal amendment which would ban hundreds of additional models of rifles and shotguns, impacting hundreds of thousands of legal gun owners across Canada.

Loyd said the government is impugning democracy by removing the ability for the measure to be debated and studied from the start of the legislative process. The Liberals tabled the motion Tuesday after the second reading debate, and the committee’s study on the legislation concluded.

“It has precluded our ability to bring in witnesses, to bring in experts to talk about this issue and debate this issue,” Lloyd said. “It’s just been tabled, dropped as an amendment after we have completed our vigorous study.”

On Oct. 27, police experts told the committee that C-21 does not address the real issue of illegal firearms. Chief of Regina Police Service Evan Bray said restricting lawful handgun ownership will not meaningfully address the real problem, while president of the National Police Federation Brian Sauvé said the proposed legislation “primarily” targets legal firearm owners who have followed government regulations.

https://tnc.news/2022/11/24/firearms-hunters/
Old 11-25-2022, 01:39 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

What to do?

From the CCFR:

Bury their desks in letters!!!

I know ... I'm sick of it all too. But our silence is consent. We spend how much time commiserating on social media or with friends about the Liberal government's constant attack on the legal firearm community? Let's refocus some of that time on flooding their offices, and burying their desks in letters. Yes, I mean paper letters. Here's why.*

https://firearmrights.ca/bury-their-desks-in-letters
Old 11-25-2022, 02:09 PM

I'm just at a complete loss for words with this government. Insanely scary to see our rights being stripped away like this.

Last edited by Battery; 11-25-2022 at 02:25 PM.
Old 11-25-2022, 02:51 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Provinces Oppose Proposed Expanded Firearms Ban

CANADA, November 25 - Released on November 24, 2022

Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba are united in opposing a proposed ban that would affect hundreds of thousands of firearms owners in Western Canada:

On November 22, through last-minute amendments to Bill C-21, the federal government moved to ban hundreds of new models of legally owned firearms and shotguns.

The amendments will criminalize hunters, farmers and target shooters who collectively own hundreds of thousands of firearms that could soon be prohibited.

"If these amendments are allowed to proceed, Bill C-21 will be the most sweeping and arbitrary ban of firearms in Canadian history. The federal Liberals claimed that they were never going after hunters, farmers and target shooters - they lied. This is clearly part of a push to ban legal firearms ownership altogether."*Tyler Shandro, Minister of Justice for Alberta

"The*rifles and shotguns that law-abiding Saskatchewan farmers, hunters, and sport shooters use will soon be confiscated by the Trudeau - NDP government. These men and women will be criminalized overnight. Saskatchewan will not stand idly by while the federal government yet again attacks law-abiding citizens instead of focusing on crime."*Christine Tell, Minister of Corrections, Policing and Public Safety for Saskatchewan

"Manitoba continues to raise significant concerns regarding the proposed measures that will punish law-abiding firearms owners while doing little to address illegal importation of firearms from the United States. The federal government should focus its attention and resources on illegally imported firearms, and those who commit crime with guns, instead of measures that target law abiding citizens. Manitoba's government stands united with Saskatchewan and Alberta in opposing the federal Liberal government's confiscation plans." Kelvin Goertzen Minister of Justice and Attorney General for Manitoba.

https://www.einpresswire.com/article...d-firearms-ban
Old 11-25-2022, 03:10 PM
Banned

Arrow

Trudeau targets hunters with gun bill changes that assault Canadian heritage

The Trudeau Liberals aren’t even hiding it anymore, they are coming for hunting rifles and shotguns.

That theory became reality, and fact, on Tuesday when the Liberals unveiled a number of amendments to their gun control legislation known as Bill C-21.

In May 2020, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced an immediate ban on what he called “military-style assault weapons.” The Liberals portrayed this as taking “weapons of war” off the streets.

“You don’t need an AR-15 to take down a deer,” Trudeau famously said.

Maybe you don’t and most hunters I know wouldn’t use an AR-15 for deer hunting, but the Remington 742 and rifles like it have been used for deer hunting for decades. That rifle and those like it will now be banned.

One of the Liberal amendments to their own bill, only moved for vote after all witnesses have been heard from and testimony concluded, will ban hundreds more models of rifles and shotguns.

The changes in the amendment make it very different from the bill that was sold to the public, one that was focused on dangerous weapons used in American mass shootings – now it’s about hunting rifles and shotguns.

The changes will potentially add $1 billion or more to the cost of the buyback that is attached to the legislation. You can’t ban millions of additional firearms, including some of the most widely-held guns in Canada, without driving up the already exorbitant cost.

This move could be flippantly described as political theatre aimed at convincing voters that the government is doing something. The problem is this move is more insidious than that alone.

It is also an all-out attack on Canada’s hunting and shooting history.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...d93b88da5/amp/
Old 11-25-2022, 05:30 PM

Buy back?
Once they are declared as prohibs by law (rather than OIC) they become illegal to own. No need to buy back - they can confiscate without compensation
Check out Dane Lloyd and Raquel Danko before the secu committee
Old 11-25-2022, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
What to do?

From the CCFR:

Bury their desks in letters!!!

I know ... I'm sick of it all too. But our silence is consent. We spend how much time commiserating on social media or with friends about the Liberal government's constant attack on the legal firearm community? Let's refocus some of that time on flooding their offices, and burying their desks in letters. Yes, I mean paper letters. Here's why.*

https://firearmrights.ca/bury-their-desks-in-letters

Bury them in letters? Thats their retort?
Old 11-25-2022, 05:54 PM

After reading some more and watching some stuff on the internet ( specifically the piece with the guys from Wolverine Sports), I now realize that I am a criminal because I use a very particular rifle capable of violence - yes folks it's true I own not one but TWO ruger Single shot rifles!
Oh, and can someone PLEASE explain to me just what encompasses a " Mauser sporter"??!!
Cat
Old 11-25-2022, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
After reading some more and watching some stuff on the internet ( specifically the piece with the guys from Wolverine Sports), I now realize that I am a criminal because I use a very particular rifle capable of violence - yes folks it's true I own not one but TWO ruger Single shot rifles!
Oh, and can someone PLEASE explain to me just what encompasses a " Mauser sporter"??!!
Cat
The government makes you a criminal, yet the attorney general excuses drug dealers saying that they are just trying to put bread on the table.

https://tnc.news/2022/09/23/attorney...-drug-dealers/

Quote:
Liberal Attorney General David Lametti excused drug dealers by saying that they are misguided and working to “put bread on the table”
Old 11-25-2022, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Cat
Well Cat I always suspected you of being the gangster type, I could tell by the hat and the plaid clothing.
Old 11-25-2022, 06:20 PM

Quote:
They got the first part right.
Old 11-25-2022, 06:41 PM

Guess it'll be our responsibility to look our stuff up on the non-gov't published FRT table to see what cartridge versions a SxS or a singleshot are banned in, as I expect that is what they are doing. I believe the Wby Mk 5 is on the FRT's listed with the applicable cartridge already.
There are some Lefevers, Webley & Scott, Wells, Westley-Richards on there, the particulars to the model are a bit vague, like the Purdey and Mauser sporter and Ruger#1, definitely need to see the FRT's on them.
Armalytics will be a popular site.
I watched the SECU meeting from yesterday, the Cons were just flabbergasted by the underhandedness of it all, along with a few million others.
They are definitely not going to have a buyback as near as I can tell, and like they said, doing this, to not have to have one. If I had a grade 6 BAR, they sure as hell would not be getting it.
Old 11-25-2022, 06:57 PM

If I had a $199 SKS they wouldn't get it. Unfortunately I've never been a fan and don't have one. Not to worry, I've been a criminal since the May 2020 OIC ban. I'd like to welcome all the new members to the club. How's it feel Cat, with your deadly Ruger #1? A complete and utter threat to public safety, you are!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-25-2022, 07:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
LOL! Exactly!
Old 11-25-2022, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawzall View Post
SKS doesn’t have a removable magazine either. I bet when we see a full list the Ruger 10/22 will finally be on it too.
Could be wrong but I didn’t recall seeing sks on that list.
Old 11-25-2022, 08:08 PM

SKS is on the list, by name.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-25-2022, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
SKS is on the list, by name.
Under which section?
Old 11-25-2022, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
If I had a $199 SKS they wouldn't get it. Unfortunately I've never been a fan and don't have one. Not to worry, I've been a criminal since the May 2020 OIC ban. I'd like to welcome all the new members to the club. How's it feel Cat, with your deadly Ruger #1? A complete and utter threat to public safety, you are!
I had a couple of prohib's on there already , but they ate ancient and heirlooms, they don't get shot .
My Ruger #1 is not Actually on the list as it is in 280 but that wouldn't stop some Yahoo from declaring it a prohib and seize it, a little knowledge is dangerous with some
The other one is not a no.1 but a no.3, but same thing , a Ruger single shot , just the perfect thing for a bank robbery or a mass killing
Cat
Old 11-25-2022, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack fish hunter View Post
Under which section?
Old 11-25-2022, 10:41 PM

delete
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 11-26-2022, 07:25 AM
Banned

Mauzer sporter will be banned?. Does that mean that ALL mauzer bolt actions are about to be banned? Thats just about all bolt action rifles in this crazy country.
Old 11-26-2022, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
Mauzer sporter will be banned?. Does that mean that ALL mauzer bolt actions are about to be banned? Thats just about all bolt action rifles in this crazy country.
Mauser sporters capable of discharging a projectile with muzzle energy greater than 10000 joules .

You have to read the header ,description above each list of firearms in order to get some clarification. It’s not just a long list of names. Each subsection has a list.

The Ruger No1 is listed in the same category as the Mauser sporters. Firearms capable of discharging a projectile with a muzzle energy greater than 10000 joules.

Your Ruger No1 in 303brit or 3006 etc, is not on that list.
Your Mauser Sporter in 3006 or 7mm etc, is not on the list