Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-26-2022, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Mauser sporters capable of discharging a projectile with muzzle energy greater than 10000 joules .

You have to read the header ,description above each list of firearms in order to get some clarification. It’s not just a long list of names. Each subsection has a list.

The Ruger No1 is listed in the same category as the Mauser sporters. Firearms capable of discharging a projectile with a muzzle energy greater than 10000 joules.

Your Ruger No1 in 303brit or 3006 etc, is not on that list.
Your Mauser Sporter in 3006 or 7mm etc, is not on the list
If that's the case, why the list? There was never a Mauser 1908 Brazilian that came from the factory chambered for a cartridge that would exceed 10,000 joules, yet it is on the list.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 11-26-2022, 09:27 AM

Look closely at this list and yes there are a lot of perfectly reasonable firearms on the list but there are also a lot “A Lot!” Of obscure weapons on there that were never available to the public anyway like missle launchers ,grenade launchers anti tank rifles, tazers etc. This list is obviously designed to infuriate and confuse gun owners. Confuse the general public into thinking all these guns are out there in the public domain.
But most of all it is smoke a mirrors and slight of hand by the Lieberals to try to convince their base that they are actually doing something about gun violence when they are in fact doing nothing.

It is laid out in a way to confuse you and cause panic and induce gun owners to say stupid things on social media. The perfect example is the long list of Benelli shotguns that are listed as not on the list You can bet they are paying attn to what is written online so getting angry and making veiled threats or otherwise will not help the cause one bit.
Old 11-26-2022, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au revoir, Gopher View Post
If that's the case, why the list? There was never a Mauser 1908 Brazilian that came from the factory chambered for a cartridge that would exceed 10,000 joules, yet it is on the list.

ARG
I have no Idea. Maybe someone somewhere built a couple. I’m not a liberal it is difficult for me to think like one.
Old 11-26-2022, 10:28 AM

Appears we have to change how we look at what they are doing and their thought line, they are going after guns that are CAPABLE of being equipped with large mags, and cartridges like the 460Wby, Cheytac's and 50cal. Whether they actually ever were or not, is irrelevant, they are capable of it.
Old 11-26-2022, 10:43 AM

Quote:
I have no Idea. Maybe someone somewhere built a couple. I’m not a liberal it is difficult for me to think like one.
The liberals are not the ones doing the classifications, they know nothing about firearms , so they pay the RCMP to classify firearms.
Old 11-26-2022, 11:36 AM

Quote:

ARG
Was there ever one in a John Wick movie, maybe the Matrix....
Old 11-26-2022, 11:47 AM

I think I once saw a Brazilian that looked like it could generate 10,000 joules, but I don't think it was a rifle...
Old 11-26-2022, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
The liberals are not the ones doing the classifications, they know nothing about firearms , so they pay the RCMP to classify firearms.
RCMP,Liberals, NDP, Bloc, CBC, I don’t see the difference.
Old 11-26-2022, 12:37 PM

Question Was that a rhetorical question?

Quote:

ARG
You know how to boil a frog? This is the same idea applied to disarming society.
For example: the 1908 Brazilian Mauser is an easy target; it started as a military firearm. Let everyone stew and fume over including it on the list until it's forgotten in the fervour over the next made up crisis. Most people won't remember the details after a few months anyways.
Fast forward a few years and start the next step: change the energy level requirement from 10,000 joules to say 5,000 joules. That will affect every firearm that is on the list with a simple addendum to the existing law. The Fudds and useful idiots among us, as well as the general public, won't understand or support the pushback when that happens, as it will be presented as a minor clerical change (addendum) to tighten up an existing law.
If the law itself was bad? It wouldn't have passed in the first place. Right?
Rinse and repeat as necessary to accomplish your ultimate goal. Sparkle socks isn't the only lieberal who admires China's basic dictatorship.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mao-Zedong-All-political-power.jpg (57.9 KB, 53 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 11-26-2022, 01:00 PM

Quote:
RCMP,Liberals, NDP, Bloc, CBC, I don’t see the difference.
One is as corrupt as the other, so no real difference.
Old 11-26-2022, 03:56 PM

Quote:
The same RCMP that told them the Emergencies Act was not needed for the protests in Ottawa. That is how high they regard the wisdom and advice of the RCMP.
Old 11-26-2022, 05:47 PM

Every time there is a mass shooting down south things got added to bill C21. Nobody is noticing the trend. Mind you there will be a waste of money for another inquiry into why such is happening.

Then all this clown would lie about it and back to the same cycle again. It is becoming more worst than a 3rd world politics.

I think we might better be looking at the legal accountability of this individual rather than the political effect.
Old 11-26-2022, 08:16 PM

wow that list is something else. They have fractured the Canadian Arms industry and made them broke over night. Sad day in Canadian Business. the liberal advantage at its best.
Old 11-26-2022, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
You know how to boil a frog? This is the same idea applied to disarming society.
For example: the 1908 Brazilian Mauser is an easy target; it started as a military firearm. Let everyone stew and fume over including it on the list until it's forgotten in the fervour over the next made up crisis. Most people won't remember the details after a few months anyways.
Fast forward a few years and start the next step: change the energy level requirement from 10,000 joules to say 5,000 joules. That will affect every firearm that is on the list with a simple addendum to the existing law. The Fudds and useful idiots among us, as well as the general public, won't understand or support the pushback when that happens, as it will be presented as a minor clerical change (addendum) to tighten up an existing law.
Rinse and repeat as necessary to accomplish your ultimate goal. Sparkle socks isn't the only lieberal who admires China's basic dictatorship.
I believe this is why they've added the SKS and a few of the more common guns to the list now, at this time. Many people asked why the SKS (as an example) wasn't included in the original OIC prohibition, I think they left it and several others off intentionally - wait for the dust to settle a little bit and then slide it in there now as an addendum.

It made no sense that it wasn't included the first time around, now we know why. If you watched the hearings there was a time when 'our side' (it may have been Lloyd or Motz, I don't remember) was asking how long they've had the idea of an addendum in the works, the lawyer for 'their side' was very quick to call cabinet privilege and stop the person from answering...hmmm.
Old 11-26-2022, 10:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Mauser sporters capable of discharging a projectile with muzzle energy greater than 10000 joules .

You have to read the header ,description above each list of firearms in order to get some clarification. It’s not just a long list of names. Each subsection has a list.

The Ruger No1 is listed in the same category as the Mauser sporters. Firearms capable of discharging a projectile with a muzzle energy greater than 10000 joules.

My wife and I have bolt guns from the .223 Rem to the .308 Win. The only semi-autos we have are a couple of Ruger 10/22 rifles. I wonder if there is a danger of the Ruger 10/22 being banned at some point.
Old 11-26-2022, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
My wife and I have bolt guns from the .223 Rem to the .308 Win. The only semi-autos we have are a couple of Ruger 10/22 rifles. I wonder if there is a danger of the Ruger 10/22 being banned at some point.
Of course they will ban the 10/22, rimfires and internal magazine semi auto shotguns will likely be next.
Old 11-26-2022, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
There is a danger of all your guns being banned at some point.
That is not an exaggeration at all.
Old 11-27-2022, 05:50 AM

I agree. They're coming to take all your weapons. We must not let them get away with this.
Old 11-27-2022, 06:01 AM

Default Yes

Quote:
An most of them know even less about firearms.
Old 11-27-2022, 03:14 PM
Banned

Arrow

Trudeau government targets law-abiding gunowners, again

This week, in a move that stunned gunowners across Canada, the Trudeau government unveiled several new amendments to Bill C-21, first introduced earlier this year, which if passed in the House of Commons will represent the largest gun ban in Canadian history.

The proposed amendments prohibit all semi-automatic rifles and shotguns “capable of discharging centre-fire ammunition in a semi-automatic manner and that is designed to accept a detachable cartridge magazine with a capacity greater than five cartridges”—in other words, most firearms used by hunters in Canada. If the amendments become law, millions of Canadians will instantly possess illegal firearms, which—if not handed over to government officials—will be confiscated.

The government has made this move, which will do basically nothing to address gun crime, during a wave of gun violence. So far this year, there have been 351 shootings in Toronto alone, with 41 people killed. According to the Toronto Police Service, most guns used in violent crime in Toronto—mainly certain types of handguns prohibited in Canada—are smuggled into the country.

Of course, this latest attempted gun ban is part of larger trend. In a few short years, the Trudeau government has mandated the confiscation of more than one million firearms, with a total value of more than $4.0 billion, all owned by law-abiding Canadians. These confiscations are based entirely on vague claims about potential threats to public safety, will do basically nothing to make Canadians safer, and target guns not criminals.

https://fraserinstitute.org/blogs/tr...unowners-again
Old 11-27-2022, 03:27 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Runkle's Take: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6X75U2nEvA
Old 11-27-2022, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
I agree. They're coming to take all your weapons. We must not let them get away with this.
Here again , I see a firearm referred to as a weapon. A misnomer, for sure.

We should stop referring to our Firearms as "weapons". In our category, namely "sporting" they are not used as a weapon. No wonder the small minded lefties get Spooked . Any dictionarys around ?
Old 11-27-2022, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavee View Post
Here again , I see a firearm referred to as a weapon. A misnomer, for sure.

We should stop referring to our Firearms as "weapons". In our category, namely "sporting" they are not used as a weapon. No wonder the small minded lefties get Spooked . Any dictionarys around ?
You're correct. My bad. Should have been described as "sporting guns". I'll change my evil vocabulary. Thanks for correcting my ignorance.
Old 11-27-2022, 06:37 PM

Thousands of rifles in the category listed are in use by,regular hunters/shooters,owned by collectors,used in subsistence hunting and many other areas.
I wonder if any exceptions will be made.
Old 11-27-2022, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
Guess it'll be our responsibility to look our stuff up on the non-gov't published FRT table to see what cartridge versions a SxS or a singleshot are banned in, as I expect that is what they are doing. I believe the Wby Mk 5 is on the FRT's listed with the applicable cartridge already.
There are some Lefevers, Webley & Scott, Wells, Westley-Richards on there, the particulars to the model are a bit vague, like the Purdey and Mauser sporter and Ruger#1, definitely need to see the FRT's on them.
Armalytics will be a popular site.
I watched the SECU meeting from yesterday, the Cons were just flabbergasted by the underhandedness of it all, along with a few million others.
They are definitely not going to have a buyback as near as I can tell, and like they said, doing this, to not have to have one. If I had a grade 6 BAR, they sure as hell would not be getting it.
Quote:

It's the variant part that coukd and them however , and I have no doubt that thisexmorins will do that .
Cat
Old 11-27-2022, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
It's the variant part that could include them however , and I have no doubt that those morons will do that .
Cat
Cat
Old 11-28-2022, 03:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
The sad part is that the general non-gun-owning public just doesn't care.

They don't see the correlation between the seizing of our legally-acquired property and what it bodes for what the government can do with their property in the future.

As long as they have their Netflix and smartphones to keep themselves entertained, they're fine.

They don't
Old 12-05-2022, 04:24 PM

Quote:

According Ian Runkle, your interpretation is incorrect. https://youtu.be/aYAha0XmfjY

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 12-05-2022, 04:33 PM

Quote:
According Ian Runkle, your interpretation is incorrect. https://youtu.be/aYAha0XmfjY

ARG
Damn that Runkle and his fancy law degree . I may be wrong but hope I am not . Runkle is a lot smarter than me …. I wish he would cut his hair though.
Old 12-24-2022, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
I can see that happening. The Brazillion Mauser is used on many custom magnuums that generate a lot of energy. The 500 A Square for example, generates 10,000 joules of energy with just 96 grains of powder under a 450 gr bullet at just 60,000 psi.
A Mauser 98 and is listed as well, and listed as just that...an M98 Mauser. Lots of derivatives from that one will make the list sometime in the near future., probably just as you mentioned.. a small clerical error, or oversight that needs correcting . Just about every Rifle we use is a derivative of the Mauser 98 in one way or another. I know all my rifles will be targeted if that jerk is allowed to continue.
That Ommission has some real meaning as I see it. That's one to watch closely.