Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-25-2022, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amosfella View Post
How has letter writing worked so far??
It hasn’t, period.

CCFR is a joke. I’m a member but pretty sure I’m just throwing my money away. But at least I get my weekly email telling me what they haven’t done.
Old 11-25-2022, 12:52 PM

Remember when billionaire Kevin O'Leary stepped up? He probably would have been a "Trump 2.0". That is probably why he got pushed out.
Old 11-25-2022, 12:53 PM

Quote:
How has letter writing worked so far?? Not very well. One out of what maybe 10 chance something stops, then moves forward later??

Send them notice that you won't be following any new rules. If enough people do that, they'll stop, as the Supreme Court has ruled that if enough people won't follow the law, there is no law.
Any more info on this SC ruling? Genuinely curious to read through the case.
Old 11-25-2022, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen moa View Post
No like a rich business owner that’s getting worked over and had enough. Maybe they care about what’s going to happen to their kids.
Bruce Wayne?
Old 11-25-2022, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Buddy View Post
Here is a message just received from BTSA Board:

"The CCFR has published the proposed amendment, including the updated list of prohibited firearms.

The BTSA board strongly recommends that you understand the impact of this proposal. If this legislation passes, it will severely impact the future of shooting sports in Canada.

What can we do?

The CCFR is currently recommending a letter writing campaign. Please check their website for details.

BTSA Board of Directors"

and here is the link:
https://firearmrights.ca/bury-their-desks-in-letters
Maybe a convoy of law abiding gun owners should travel to Ottawa to uh um der hand deliver their guns. Could be done in waves.... Might get a different result than letter writing.

If letter writing works, maybe Ukraine should send a letter to Russia.
Old 11-25-2022, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan15 View Post
Any more info on this SC ruling? Genuinely curious to read through the case.
It'll take me a while to find it. It had to do with laws being changed by the consent of the people under that law.

As for notice, that's a very very old doctrine in law going back before the time of the Roman Empire. Once you begin to understand that doctrine, you'll see it everywhere, including in every statute the government passes.
Old 11-25-2022, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
It hasn’t, period.

CCFR is a joke. I’m a member but pretty sure I’m just throwing my money away. But at least I get my weekly email telling me what they haven’t done.
Im thinking the same
Old 11-25-2022, 02:18 PM

Quote:
One of my biggest concerns is why hasn’t a powerful good person come forward to help the people. Some rich and powerful person should help us. What is happening to Canada can’t be good for them either.
Bottom line: It has to get worse before it gets better.
The good news is, it's getting worse every day.

I do believe the climate change hoaxters are losing credibility little by little. But then again, every existential threat alarm ever disproved has been replaced by another one. Humanity seems to relish that.

Pierre Polievre is our best hope for change. If that doesn't work out, separation is next.
Old 11-25-2022, 02:23 PM

Quote:
How has letter writing worked so far?? Not very well. One out of what maybe 10 chance something stops, then moves forward later??

Send them notice that you won't be following any new rules. If enough people do that, they'll stop, as the Supreme Court has ruled that if enough people won't follow the law, there is no law.
This is true. Good old common sense and common law.

I took several law classes with Dr. Ted Morton, and this was an important theme to his teaching.

Disagree with disarming the citizens of Canada...
DO NOT Comply!

Yes, there will likely be a price to pay in breaking the law,
there is also always a price to pay in following the law.
"You" must decide what "Your" Freedom is to be and what is it worth to you.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 11-25-2022, 02:32 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
In my opinion you can never expect or hope for someone else to improve your situation you can only choose to do what you can to stand for yourself

Unfortunately everyone is always waiting for someone to step in to solve their problems

Tend to agree with this statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-26-2022, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
It isnt people with money that help. Its regular people who are dedicated and motivated

How many rich people went to serve in WW2? Next to Zero. It was real men and women. Kids. People who knew right from wrong.

We dont have people like that anymore. Everyone is watching Netflix or buying Chinese knockoff garbage online.
"Honor and profit lie not all in one sack" - George Herbert

Look at the Roman Republic. The most powerful people in society, consuls, led and were expected to lead armies and scores of them died during just the Punic Wars. Wealthy people were obligated to support the state during times of crisis and pay for their own provision during war. Or the "devotio", where a general sacrificed his life along with the enemy to ensure victory for his army.

Rich people in Canada? Well, they country-shop and will leave if, you know, the government considers raising taxes.

Canada is an open-air shopping mall that has turned into a global real estate ponzi. Its death can't come soon enough.
Old 11-26-2022, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Even if Twitter released the facts that the liberals are trying to suppress, many left wing voters either wouldn't believe them, or simply wouldn't care.
Sadly, I belive you are 100% correct.
There are times it seems Trudeau could kick puppies and molest children and the east would still vote him in.

Pretty tough to do more than cast your vote, even though our vote is worth half as much as an Eastern vote.

Last edited by jungleboy; 11-26-2022 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11-26-2022, 01:17 PM

Theres only one way out of this debt … sell BC and Quebec to the USA .
Old 11-26-2022, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtank View Post
Theres only one way out of this debt … sell BC and Quebec to the USA .
Maybe we could trade for Texas and a pipeline.
Old 11-26-2022, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etownpaul View Post
I’m a tradesman, the wife is an engineer and we are starting to look for an out. Canada is just too expensive for the middle class.

Since the generationally wealthy politicians don’t pay taxes all the welfare money we have been handing out to people too lazy to work has come out of the pockets of the middle class. Taxes to heat your home, taxes on groceries, taxes to drive to work, taxes just to exist in this country. Enough is enough. Yet the voters in the GTA, Montreal, and the. GVR lap this garbage up and will keep us in this cycle forever. I won’t own nothing and be happy, I’ll gtfo and make a better life for my family somewhere else.
I totally agree with this…but the only problem to your get outa here plan…every other country are having troubles right now..or in the near future, where would a guy go to be away from the elites running our hamster wheel…I’d like out as well, Canada has never gone down the tubes so fast ever in my lifetime….I live in the bush now and away from any major city, yet I still don’t feel safe with what is coming…I’m not sure what it is, but it will be bad…
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 11-26-2022, 03:29 PM

As a friend told me, we need people to stop looking for a hero to solve their problems, and start being heroes. If you don't want to be the hero in your own movie, you deserve exactly what you get.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-26-2022, 03:36 PM

I am a hero
My kids are heroes
My neighbor is a hero
That lady that made me breakfast today, she's a hero
The guy who runs the carwash is a hero

All of you on AO are heroes

Tons of heroes

One hero? Well, in honesty, one bullet or one arrow fixes that fast.

A handful of zeros. Mere handful. They are the ones who are on tv, telling you how important they are. Masters of self promotion and bull****. No media = no identity =No following.

But 100,000 heroes? 500,000?

If the regular person got together with all the heroes out there, no one could touch you. You march up to Trudeau, or Sohi or Harper or Notley or Kenney or Biden or Idi Amin and say no. And that is final. No more debate.

Democracy wasnt designed to allow politicians to do as they please, then hide behind the sheer veil of "well, the majority voted us in".....the majority voted you in to a POSITION, not into POWER.

The citizens have the POWER. We just fail miserably at using it. And if you dont use it, you lose it.
Old 11-26-2022, 05:06 PM
Gone Hunting

Since the dawn of time mankind has searched for the perfect solution to governance.

They tried rule tribal elders, they tried rule by judges and courts, they tried rule by monarchs, they tried dictatorship, the tried communism and now democracy.

In each case the attempt seemed promising in the beginning but slowly the greedy and ruthless took control to better their already privileged position until the system collapsed under the weight of their corruption.

There is only one type of governance that has not been tried and when it is it will end the same as all the rest.

Our only hope is a benign sovereign entity that cares about us more then we care for ourselves.

But science says such a entity does not exist and we all know science is infallible and knows everything.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-26-2022, 10:04 PM

Neil Oliver. Is a hero.
https://youtu.be/IMlH7IbVpxc
Old 11-26-2022, 11:03 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Neil Oliver. Is a hero.
https://youtu.be/IMlH7IbVpxc
WOW!

A man who speaks the truth! ! ! There may be hope after all.

I wonder how many know, there are only
68,000 members in the Canadian forces. That is Army, Navy and Airforce combined.
I wonder how many know that counting all forces City, Provincial and federal there are only 70,114 police officers in all of Canada.

Between the armed forces and police forces that adds up to only 138,114 in total for the whole country.

Compare that to an estimated 1.3 Million hunters across all of Canada on a typical year and an unknown number of firearm owners that do not hunt every year.

Then consider that there are about 50,000 beds available in all prisons combined, That's federal and provincial and you begin to see that Neil Oliver is right. We have the power, if we choose to use it.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. This is why Trudeau, and whoever comes after him, must disarm the public.
For they know they can not proceed with their plan to enslave us all until they disarm us.

And now you know why firearms laws do not address crime, and you know why Trudeau had to smash the truckers protest.

If we truly understood who holds the real power we could take back our country.

The big guestion is, do we have the guts to do it. The truckers did and we failed them.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-27-2022, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
WOW!

A man who speaks the truth! ! ! There may be hope after all.

I wonder how many know, there are only
68,000 members in the Canadian forces. That is Army, Navy and Airforce combined.
I wonder how many know that counting all forces City, Provincial and federal there are only 70,114 police officers in all of Canada.

Between the armed forces and police forces that adds up to only 138,114 in total for the whole country.

Compare that to an estimated 1.3 Million hunters across all of Canada on a typical year and an unknown number of firearm owners that do not hunt every year.

Then consider that there are about 50,000 beds available in all prisons combined, That's federal and provincial and you begin to see that Neil Oliver is right. We have the power, if we choose to use it.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. This is why Trudeau, and whoever comes after him, must disarm the public.
For they know they can not proceed with their plan to enslave us all until they disarm us.

And now you know why firearms laws do not address crime, and you know why Trudeau had to smash the truckers protest.

If we truly understood who holds the real power we could take back our country.

The big guestion is, do we have the guts to do it. The truckers did and we failed them.
Unfortunately, going all the way back to the American war of independence Canadians have been reluctant to fight oppression in their own country. And many of the recent immigrants fled oppression in their former countries, rather than fight it, so we seem to have a country full of people that have been reluctant to fight for ourselves. So how far do Trudeau and his globalist masters intend to push Canadians, that they fear that we might at some point resist? That is what Canadians should really be afraid of, and why we should resist Trudeau and his corrupt cabinet from disarming us, so that we can't resist.
Old 11-27-2022, 09:18 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Unfortunately, going all the way back to the American war of independence Canadians have been reluctant to fight oppression in their own country. And many of the recent immigrants fled oppression in their former countries, rather than fight it, so we seem to have a country full of people that have been reluctant to fight for ourselves. So how far do Trudeau and his globalist masters intend to push Canadians, that they fear that we might at some point resist? That is what Canadians should really be afraid of, and why we should resist Trudeau and his corrupt cabinet from disarming us, so that we can't resist.
Sadly that is true.

Randy is right, we are all heros, if we choose to be. Trudeau and his backers know it too.

That is why they had no choice but to use the War measures act against bouncy castles and air horns.

They knew that with each passing day more and more people would see that we the people have the power if we just stand and say NO.

They knew that we were close to reaching the point where we would be too many.

It really was a federal emergency, for Trudeau, the Liberal party and for their backers.

For us, it was very nearly freedom.

But it's not too late. It's never too late.

If we can believe we can succeed.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-27-2022, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Bingo!

Canada is a refuge. People who wont fight for their country come here. Every day. Building a perfectly docile obedient society slowly but surely.....take away their guns, tax the hell out of them, seize their bank accts if they protest, encourage ratting each other out, etc

Last edited by huntinstuff; 11-27-2022 at 09:54 AM.
Old 11-27-2022, 09:59 AM

Default Ummm

Quote:
Maybe check your history before the write off…..
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 11-27-2022, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Maybe check your history before the write off…..
The history books that I read, all stated that the Americans fought the British for their independence, and the people living in what is now Canada, chose not to join them, and stayed loyal to Britain.
Old 11-27-2022, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
In my opinion you can never expect or hope for someone else to improve your situation you can only choose to do what you can to stand for yourself

Unfortunately everyone is always waiting for someone to step in to solve their problems
This X2, exactly what's wrong with the world today, everything is someone else's fault and everyone wants someone else to fix it

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 11-27-2022, 11:05 AM

Default Perhaps

Quote:
The history books that I read, all stated that the Americans fought the British for their independence, and the people living in what is now Canada, chose not to join them, and stayed loyal to Britain.
You should try a few more history books…?

Canada’s history is chock a block full of rebellion and standing up against govt.
Old 11-27-2022, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
You should try a few more history books…?

Canada’s history is chock a block full of rebellion and standing up against govt.
Small groups yes, and usually native/metis that actually took up arms, but no large armed uprisings by the masses, that actually threatened to take over the government.
Old 11-27-2022, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher1 View Post
Remember when billionaire Kevin O'Leary stepped up? He probably would have been a "Trump 2.0". That is probably why he got pushed out.
O'Leary isn't a billionaire. His net worth principally consists of Mattel stock he acquired after he sold his dog of a company, The Learning Company, to Mattel during the tech bubble, and that sale resulted in multiple shareholder lawsuits alleging "creative accounting" on his part that understated the poor condition of his company.

The guy is grifter.

So much so he was a spokesperson for and a shareholder of crypto ponzi FTX.
Old 11-27-2022, 12:43 PM

Default Really…?

Quote:
Small groups yes, and usually native/metis that actually took up arms, but no large armed uprisings by the masses, that actually threatened to take over the government.
Did you even try?

Upper Canada rebellion

Lower Canada rebellion

Winnipeg general strike

I could go on……..

Canadian history books are designed to create a narrative…. But there’s stuff there.

You call em liberals

I call em family compact / chateau clique v.2.0