Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-28-2022, 12:32 PM

Default Burry their desks, Gun Control

CCFR link to a suggestion on the latest changes. Might be on here already but I didn't see it. Just got the link from Wolverine Guns and Tackle a few days ago.
My bad if it's a duplicate.
https://firearmrights.ca/bury-their-desks-in-letters
Old 11-28-2022, 12:36 PM

Letters..........wow

Lets do things like they did in 1950.

Great idea CCFR

For all the dues paid, THIS is their idea?
Old 11-28-2022, 12:50 PM

Letters and petitions, sign me up.

If the CCFR had encouraged every owner who got a letter saying their restricted certificates were 'nullified' in the May 2020 OIC, to file a Section 74 review, there would have been 80,000+ cases landed on the desks of provincial judges. And THAT would have made a huge difference!! The courts would have collapsed under the paperwork, and the judges would have screamed at provincial AG, who would have screamed at the Federal Minister (Lametti) and the whole stupid ban would have come to a screeching halt right then and there. At least until they figured out how to do it properly.

Instead, the CCFR encouraged people to *NOT* file. Said it would clog up courts and 'murderers and rapists' would go free because of gun owners. We should send them $$$ instead so they could file a federal challenge. So only 300 of us filed for that S74 reference, and we are causing a big headache to the Crown. And the CCFR did not support or encourage us, nor did the NFA. We reached out to them and their lawyers and were rebuffed.

And now, they tell us to write letters? Jesus.

You know what is gonna work? When they cram Bill C-21 through, with all the additional banned guns, so that a million Canadians become criminals, instead of just the original 80,000 of us. One big (really big) unhappy group of freshly minted criminal gun owners.

And we all say NO.

No, we aren't criminals, no we aren't a danger to society, and no goddamn way are we surrendering our firearms. No.

And the government won't be able to do a damn thing about it. We are not their subjects, and they don't rule over us. We are citizens, and they are employed to work for us, for the betterment of *our* country. And they need to be reminded of it.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-28-2022, 12:51 PM

I like it. I'll be sending them out this week for sure. Thanks for the link.
Old 11-28-2022, 12:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Letters..........wow

Lets do things like they did in 1950.

Great idea CCFR

For all the dues paid, THIS is their idea?
What a joke.
Old 11-28-2022, 01:09 PM

It's easy to scoff at letters, but.....

'Way back in '77 when we were fighting C-51, somebody (Tomlinson, mebbe?) tracked down the "vote equivalent" of various forms of protest. Hand-written letters carried the most weight. I can't remember the number of votes attributed to one letter, but it was in double digits. A petition, meanwhile, was attributed a set number of votes per pound of signed petition papers.

Their rationale is that if someone is so moved to sit down and actually put words on paper, and then sign it, there were probably many more folks who wouldn't do so but were in strong agreement. People sign petitions sometimes just to be rid of the petitioner. Maybe not as much conviction there.

I admit we're a tiny voting block, one that can be safely ignored by politicians. What we did to expand that was to involve non-firearms owners. Ask your wives, uncles, cousins, barbers, mechanics, accountants or anyone else who is opposed to bad law to write a letter.

Not sure if what we did then made any difference. Not sure if anything we do now will, either. It's worth a try.
Old 11-28-2022, 01:50 PM

I did all that letter writing, talking to MP's and MLA's. Gave money for years to both the CCFR and NFA, with no results. I'm done!

I started collecting western rifles and revolvers when I was young because I was/am a big fan of The Duke, so I'm taking his attitude now.

There's nothing I own going to be taken away from me by any government, or anyone else. It's solely in my hands now, come what may.
Old 11-28-2022, 02:04 PM

If you're going to write letters, send it as a notice that you're NOT going to follow any rules made about guns (or other) after a certain date. From my talk with paralegals, that gives you protection in any action they'd take against you in the future. (look up doctrine of notice and doctrine of latches)

On the last few gun license renewals, I have put it right on the renewal form that I wan't filling out and signing that application with any intent to follow the associated rules. I've also qualified the signature (words added to the signature to limit the intent. It can be called a qualified endorsement) on the application as well. So far I've been given a license every time. Guess we'll see in the coming month, although my credit card was billed.

Because of this, I always send a paper copy of the form, not the efile.

I won't be giving anything in, and I will continue to use any and all of my guns as I see fit.

One also has to realize that without a gun control agenda, the 'gun rights' organizations are not going to have money coming in. So, they'll sell you out an inch at a time to keep the money pouring in. At least that's my observation.

Last edited by amosfella; 11-28-2022 at 02:30 PM.
Old 11-28-2022, 02:15 PM

Let's do a petition again while we're at it too.
Old 11-28-2022, 07:34 PM

They libtards know how the prairies vote. They have done that calculation and don’t care. It’s the cons that need a wake up call.

Send the letters to Pierre and the cons. No money and no votes until Canada has a 2A, concealed carry and the right to self defence. No more platitudes to commies while trying to stay in the trough. I’m laying this right at the feet of the Harperites. Didn’t get the job done when they had a MAJORITY.
Old 11-28-2022, 07:46 PM

emails work better, they are tracked.
Old 11-28-2022, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctd View Post
Did you read every black Friday email you got last week?
Old 11-28-2022, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
Did you read every black Friday email you got last week?
But when you send a email there is a record of it.
Old 11-28-2022, 08:40 PM

I agree letters are not the only answer, but if every single fun owner in this country wrote one, printed off 3 copies and mailed them to Trudeau, Mendocino and their MP it would atleast make them take notice. And sure, while your at it copy and paste it to into an email as well. If you really don't have the 20 minutes and 3 envelopes then use on the email.campaigns that are floating around. Just fill in a few lines and done.

If you dont like the CCFR or NFA them support your local range. Support your local gun shop. Support or do whatever you think may help. It doesn't matter what you shoot, or how often. No more head in the sand, this legislation removes any doubt they are coming for all of our guns; not justine or yours. All of them
Old 11-28-2022, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctd View Post
So are letters, and they are required to read & respond to them, and they pile up in their offices, people have to deal with them physically.

I remember when they were doing town halls about the registry, and the name escapes me, I can visualize his face, in Calgary, told us letters counted for 400 votes each.

Tell an NDP and Lib candidate you will help the opposition in his riding and donate to them, it scares them, they do not like that. Enough people tell them that, it could change some minds. May not do a lot of good in Alberta, but, BC and MB and Ont and Que and eastern seaboard, it might get their attention.

It's free postage to the HOC and the Senate, just takes the effort to do it. IF we don't stand up this time, we are done.

Forget ranges & clubs holding sport shooting events such as IPSC. 3 gun, PRS could easily be jeopardized, the politicians really want to kill those two off. They make maintenance money off those shoots, it will hurt them.
They still haven't put a definition in on measuring shotgun bores other than mention of some machinist's handbook that I can't find to read, which is arbitrary RCMP policy, not legislation. It will likely kill indoor ranges such as TSE, CSC, all across the country.
Old 11-29-2022, 07:14 AM

Default better yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcxILlCcoB4
Old 11-29-2022, 09:11 AM

Old 11-29-2022, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post

If the CCFR had encouraged every owner who got a letter saying their restricted certificates were 'nullified' in the May 2020 OIC, to file a Section 74 review, there would have been 80,000+ cases landed on the desks of provincial judges. And THAT would have made a huge difference!! The courts would have collapsed under the paperwork, and the judges would have screamed at provincial AG, who would have screamed at the Federal Minister (Lametti) and the whole stupid ban would have come to a screeching halt right then and there. At least until they figured out how to do it properly.

Instead, the CCFR encouraged people to *NOT* file. Said it would clog up courts and 'murderers and rapists' would go free because of gun owners. We should send them $$$ instead so they could file a federal challenge. So only 300 of us filed for that S74 reference, and we are causing a big headache to the Crown. And the CCFR did not support or encourage us, nor did the NFA. We reached out to them and their lawyers and were rebuffed.

You know what is gonna work? When they cram Bill C-21 through, with all the additional banned guns, so that a million Canadians become criminals, instead of just the original 80,000 of us. One big (really big) unhappy group of freshly minted criminal gun owners.

And we all say NO.

No, we aren't criminals, no we aren't a danger to society, and no goddamn way are we surrendering our firearms. No.

And the government won't be able to do a damn thing about it. We are not their subjects, and they don't rule over us. We are citizens, and they are employed to work for us, for the betterment of *our* country. And they need to be reminded of it.

I usually don't want to sound like a downer but in this case you are 100% right. There should have been 70,000 Sec74 challenges. In hindsight not doing that was a mistake and the govt has taken full advantage of our inactions with further bans.

And now CCFR says "write a letter". Wow, a letter will really be effective against a government that brags about its convening power. CCFR had 1 millions times more clout with "everyone file a Sec 74" and they squandered it.

And guess what, the criminals went free anyway. They were being released at the same time as the AR ban. Don't see how filing a Sec74 will tie up the counts and keep criminals from going to jail when they are being set free at the same time.
Old 11-29-2022, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post

And we all say NO.

Well said TC, thanks for fighting the good fight!
Old 11-30-2022, 09:46 AM

They (CCFR) held a news conference today...

I wonder what Rod & Tracey mean by "supporting tracing" and "National data"...? @ 30:10

https://youtu.be/Gor_MlIFkkc?t=330

Last edited by FishOutOfWater; 11-30-2022 at 10:15 AM.
Old 11-30-2022, 09:05 PM

Giltaca split with the NFA as they are repeal everything, no compromise. Whereas he is probably more realistic, in saying that won't happen,and we'll have to live with some regulations of some form. Everyone would like it all repealed, but, we are dealng with politicians, and Giltaca is willing to compromise to an extent, within reason. CSSA is much the same as CCFR that way.
Old 12-03-2022, 05:48 AM

Default Conservative suggestion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlfyWg7hHfQ. I certainly agree we ALL need to step up and engage in what ever suggestions are offered as possible solutions helping in the end game.