Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-13-2013, 09:23 AM

Default 2013 Elk hunt

Well, my regular hunting partner can't make our annual elk hunt this year so I invited another buddy. But due to serious back problems, he had to decline.

I invited my Brother in law, but he isn't sure he can make it due to work commitments. I was gonna go it alone, but am not a fan seeing how I am 7 hrs away from anyone I know.

So I spoke with my better half and she is totally stoked for her first "real" archery season so... looks like a husband and wife Elk hunting trip this year.

She's been shooting her bow at 50lbs everyday for the past month to get ready for her moose season, she was beside herself when I asked her to join me on the "guys" Elk hunting trip. Anyone else partner with their partner for hunts like this?
Old 08-13-2013, 09:31 AM

You should have asked her first, ha.
Yes, Mrs Bark has been hunting with me now for 2-3 years.

TBark
Old 08-13-2013, 09:35 AM

Only have done day hunts with the wife. But I would suspesct if you are going on an extended camping stlye hunt, i.e. from a bush camp (not hotel) and for more than a weekend, bring all that you think she would need to make the camp comfortable. Bring a good heater or stove. Lots of lights, good food a radio and lots of magazines or books for her and you will be good to go.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:35 AM

I wish you luck this hunt might bring you closer together. My wife is not a hunter, so hunting with her is not an option. Have fun.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:39 AM

we'll be hotelling it I think... but she's accustomed to the camping lifestyle.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:26 AM

Default Hunting partner

My dad, wife and myself have been a hunting group for years. This is going to be our 2nd season without dad now as he has passed on and now hunts whenever he chooses. My wife will always be my hunting partner. We have lots of great memories and experiences from the past years that will be cherished forever.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:36 AM

Sorry to hear about your father krthefunslinger... I had an amazing week long deer hunt with my father and oldest son (9 at the time) and couple years ago. It will be a memory hopefully my son will carry with him for the rest of his life. My wife is so excited to be able to come along, she can barely contain herself! I have to say, I'm pretty excited as well!
Old 08-13-2013, 11:31 AM

Have a four day elk hunt planned for sept long weekend with the girlfriend. First time out with her bow. Shes been practicing all summer, startin to make tighter groups at 40. Should be a great time. Hope to stick a muley before we leave too.