Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-28-2013, 07:13 PM

Default Small boat service - South Edmonton?

When one is not at all "mechanically inclined" or knowlegable, having a boat and motor, and the accoutrements, and being one who only uses it a very few times a year, can result in spending more time trucking it back and forth to the shop for service, than actually using it. I just have a 14" Mirrocraft with a 25 hp Parsun, and of course the trailer, and my own custom acessories (seats, batteries, finder, etc.), because my sons and I like to go to some places where it is hard or impossible to take bigger rigs, and we only go a very few times each summer. But it is sometimes "hard use", because of the difficult places.
Virtually all, if not all (?) of the places that I have found to service this gear are way out in the NW of the City. No major issues with the service , in context. I understand the economics of this, in terms of comparative rents, etc. But it would be SO NICE to have some good service shop on the South side - preferably somewhere south of Argyll Rd. (?). The couple of big dealers who are on the South side of the River really have no interest in servicing our "little" issues at all. They are only interested in the "big boat" crowd. I get so tired of having to spend so much time out of my work days (I have my own business located downtown) dealing with these issues.
Is there, or is there prospectively going to be, in the near future, any good service shops for this kind of thing closer to my home? I don't need anything "fancy" - just someone who actually knows what they are doing and is honest and reasonable. I just find it rather odd, in an industry of this size, and in a place as big as Edmonton, that no one has found it to their advantage to locate in the South "industrial" areas for this purpose (?). And maybe I am "missing something", in terms of my abilities to locate and contact the outfit in question (?).
Anyway, this seems a good place to raise the issue, and/or find out that I am, indeed, wrong. I look forward to any comments and suggestions.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:45 PM

Try Budget ATV. 5921 - 91 St. 780-434-6777

Right in your neck of the woods.

Unlike those "big guys" Christoff will be glad to talk to you on the phone. There are a lot of us here that go to him and are quite pleased. Do a search here for Budget ATV and you should get several threads about them.

Burglar: Aren't you going to call the cops?
Farmer: Why? Nobody knows you're here
Old 04-29-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollGRG View Post
Try Budget ATV. 5921 - 91 St. 780-434-6777

Right in your neck of the woods.

Unlike those "big guys" Christoff will be glad to talk to you on the phone. There are a lot of us here that go to him and are quite pleased. Do a search here for Budget ATV and you should get several threads about them.
X2
Old 04-29-2013, 03:22 PM

Thanks guys. I will give them a shout.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:42 PM

theres also a little marine place just north of argyll on 99 st i forget the name but they did some work for me and were more than fair. 99 st 65 ave. free spirit marine.