Default This Looks Like "Gotta Try It!!

LOl..must watch

http://www.archerysports.com.au/

Neil
Old 06-30-2015, 02:13 PM

Default Awesome!!!

Too cool!
I would definitely do this.
Is there a Victoria in Australia, or would that be here? I'll have to try it if I go there.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:16 PM

Yeah, that looks like fun. I think I will stick a marshmellow on some of my arrows and shoot my brother. Those bows are probably the same IBO as my Alloy, right?
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 06-30-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ----->shooter View Post
Too cool!
I would definitely do this.
Is there a Victoria in Australia, or would that be here? I'll have to try it if I go there.
Victoria is in Australia.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 06-30-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuludog View Post
Yeah, that looks like fun. I think I will stick a marshmellow on some of my arrows and shoot my brother. Those bows are probably the same IBO as my Alloy, right?
It would be more fun if you light the marshmallows on fire first, don't you think??
Old 06-30-2015, 02:25 PM

Wouldnt take much to set one up...some recurves and Genesis bows...idea look like to knock all the center spots from the home target...and spud the buddies...lol

Neil
Old 06-30-2015, 03:02 PM

Rules...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Locations
South Australia
Victoria
Western Australia

News
09/05/15 — Archery Tag in SA / VIC

About Us

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Archery Tag
What is Archery Tag? Archery Tag is played similar to dodgeball with our bows and patented foam-tipped arrows. This exciting, action-packed game offers the ultimate family-friendly experience that engages everyone. Don’t miss out on Tag … The game you never outgrow!

Archery Tag Game Play

Two teams, consisting of 5 players each playing opposite one another. Each team also has what we call a “5-Spot Knockout Target.”

There are two objectives:

1) Eliminate all opponents

2) Knock out the five discs of the opposing team’s target set You eliminate a player by tagging him or her with an arrow, or by catching his or her arrow.

The 5-Spot Targets work to save a “life” of one of the players. A “tagged” player can be called back into the game when a target spot is knocked out or when a teammate catches an arrow.

Is it Safe?

Unlike some other sports, the only safety equipment required to play Archery Tag is a face mask. Players experience virtually no pain when "tagged" with our Archery Tag arrows

Dang I got a perfect place for this ..a bare pasture 5 acres or a treed 5 acres

Neil
Neil
Old 06-30-2015, 03:16 PM

Default have this in Calgary

They have rentals for this in Calgary. My brother did this with a group of college buddies as a way to de-stress after finals. they rented a gym, and the people came with all the gear.

i'll try to get a link to info.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:47 PM

there is an archery tag place operating in the toronto area now if you happen to be out that way.

People in SUVs, driving through their sprawling suburbs, will end the lives of more animals than a man with a bow ever could.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:32 PM

I would only do it if I could use my hoyt and my Muzzys,Ok not the muzzys.LOL
Old 07-01-2015, 04:11 PM

Looks like a ton of fun. I know some people have tried it here in Alberta and got some flack from nasp instructors (maybe involved the kids with nasp bows...). It is one of those fine line ideas for me. I wouldn't involve the kids from a nasp program because it has a flawless safety record and focuses on safety. A group of guys getting together for a stag? I'd be all in on that I'd be careful with homemade equipment too. I wouldn't trust someone else building it unless I looked it over really well. But I bet it would be more fun than paintball