Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-06-2012, 10:26 PM

You watch your mouth boy... Nothin wrong with wearing socks & sandels, no matter what anyone says.. There is nothing better than having the warmth of a sock and the space of a sandel. Try it sometime, You'll be surprised
Old 03-06-2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariko's Rod View Post
Could have taken a pic and released that old girl to produce other big fish for my kids and their kids to catch one day.

that fish deserved a better fate than to die and be embarrased in a picture with a guy that wears socks under sandles.

I will be around like a bad cold dude. Ive got lots to say to people like you.
Ok, so I lied, I don't enjoy reading dribble as seen above. Chest pounding/appendage waving was never attractive in the knuckle dragging days... not attractive now.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Does The International Game Fish Association (IGFA) work the same as Pope & Young...and...Boone & Crockett where any fish over a certain size is entered into the books as a trophy? I'm assuming so because they have the world record Brook Trout as "6.57 kg (14 lb 8 oz) Nipigon River, Ontario, Canada 7/1/1916 Dr. W. Cook" and yours was 12 lb 13 oz and caught in 1984.

No matter, they are all outstanding fish........just wondering is all.
It all depends on the class HD....so there can be several WR fish weighing different amounts depending on what class they fall into.....open water and hard water are 2 separate classes for example.

LC
Old 03-06-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Does The International Game Fish Association (IGFA) work the same as Pope & Young...and...Boone & Crockett where any fish over a certain size is entered into the books as a trophy? I'm assuming so because they have the world record Brook Trout as "6.57 kg (14 lb 8 oz) Nipigon River, Ontario, Canada 7/1/1916 Dr. W. Cook" and yours was 12 lb 13 oz and caught in 1984.

sort of they have line classes and C & R division you can read more on their website .. Thanks HunterDave

mine is #3 ever and # 2 in the world record book and mine is mounted at home with me aged at 13 years and the pike was 25 years old age both by David Donald Canadian Fishery Bio and was 29 1/2 inches with a 17 inch girth
just think if i had caught her in Sept 30 now

Food for Thought
David

Last edited by Speckle55; 03-06-2012 at 10:34 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:29 PM
Banned

Quote:

no fish in pope and youung or boone and ctrockett ...
Old 03-06-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Not cool, killing that monster. big fish breed big fish. one less in the water now. I will never respect you.
theres a huge loss. you ever take biology? There will be thousands of fish with that big girls genes in her waters, every one with the same chance as she had to reach the same size. even a fry will have the same genes. when will you clowns figure that out???????

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 03-06-2012, 10:31 PM
Banned

hard to knock a fella for doing soemthing that is legal . nice fish

Old 03-06-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarplayingfish View Post
You watch your mouth boy... Nothin wrong with wearing socks & sandels, no matter what anyone says.. There is nothing better than having the warmth of a sock and the space of a sandel. Try it sometime, You'll be surprised
my right foot got crushed under a car 4 poster hiost in 1995 Nov so i have been in pain awhile never healed proper .. but hey i am alive could be worst
Old 03-06-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
theres a huge loss. you ever take biology? There will be thousands of fish with that big girls genes in her waters, every one with the same chance as she had to reach the same size. even a fry will have the same genes. when will you clowns figure that out???????
Not all fry will have the same genes... but the majority of the population will have the potential to grow to that same size, absolutely... its a matter of the fishery, not the fish. If you got a 32lber from there, obviously the water is capable of holding such fish and there is a good possibility it will happen again or has already happened (assuming the fishery hasn't deteriorated since than).
Old 03-06-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckle55 View Post
my right foot got crushed under a car 4 poster hiost in 1995 Nov so i have been in pain awhile never healed proper .. but hey i am alive could be worst
You may think I was being sarcastic, but I wasn't. I enjoy wearing socks and sandels on occasion, regardless of the ridicule haha.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Banned

If everyone would use the "Report Post" function we could get rid of these guys a little faster.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
If everyone would use the "Report Post" function we could get rid of these guys a little faster.
doesnt work, ive tried it with you numerous times !
Old 03-06-2012, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloopbloob View Post
Haha, like others, I too doubt you'll be around long if that's how you choose to carry yourself. I don't keep big fish myself, but a pike that size is called a trophy fish for a reason. It's a TROPHY! Had many years of reproduction, but at that size, Very close to the end of its life cycle no matter what.

Congrats on all the records and thanks for posting Speckle55!
Your welcome
Old 03-06-2012, 10:56 PM

Don't even give this guy the time fellows, he's just looking for a reaction. Let's not derail another good thread.

David where was that beast caught?
Old 03-06-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris84 View Post
Don't even give this guy the time fellows, he's just looking for a reaction. Let's not derail another good thread.

Pickle Lake

....it actually says on the certificates...and in the old edition of the Fishing regs where the fish was also posted....

LC
Old 03-06-2012, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Pickle Lake

....it actually says on the certificates...and in the old edition of the Fishing regs where the fish was also posted....

LC
Thanks, I didn't zoom into the certificates, I was actually just trying to get the thread back on track.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
It's a TROPHY! Had many years of reproduction, but at that size, Very close to the end of its life cycle no matter what.
x? As a general rule I like the idea of only keeping the eating sized fish and letting the big spawners go but that big old girl would be an exception to the rule. When they get that big they've seen their better days and her great grand fish will carry her genes for her.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris84 View Post

thanks Chris both pike in Fickle Lake there are 5 in AFGA book and should be 6 on yearly winners
David
Old 03-06-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
thanks Chris both pike in Fickle Lake there are 5 in AFGA book and should be 6 on yearly winners
David
Nice....that's pretty cool, I would be thrilled to catch a gator that size
Old 03-06-2012, 11:09 PM

A trophy indeed all Im saying is that picture could have been followed by a live release. Length and girth is all that is needed for a replication mount.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
A trophy indeed all Im saying is that picture could have been followed by a live release. Length and girth is all that is needed for a replication mount.
yes you are right mine were in 1984/85/86 they were caught and Gerald caught his in 2006 both are mounted pike

David
Old 03-06-2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
So this 32 pound pike surely only bread with other 32 pound pike and there are thousands and thousands of pike in this lake with the potential to become a 32 pound legend?

OK.

Thanks for the biology lesson!
Old 03-06-2012, 11:31 PM

Where did my post go!!? Its been quoted... Where is it now? Hackified?

Haha, like others, I too doubt you'll be around long if that's how you choose to carry yourself. I don't keep big fish myself, but a pike that size is called a trophy fish for a reason. It's a TROPHY! Had many years of reproduction, but at that size, Very close to the end of its life cycle no matter what.

Congrats on all the records and thanks for posting Speckle55!
Old 03-06-2012, 11:50 PM

I still can't believe how big that brook trout is...absoultely incredible. Thanks for posting David.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:54 PM

Pike over 8 pounds taste bad. If you do catch a pike over 25 pounds congradulations that fish is a legend! you can take a picture, weigh it, take length and girth measurements and release it in under a minuite. weather u get a replica mount or just develop the picture either way you have proof of the experience and give a fellow angler the chance of a lifetime as well.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Pike over 8 pounds taste bad. If you do catch a pike over 25 pounds congradulations that fish is a legend! you can take a picture, weigh it, take length and girth measurements and release it in under a minuite. weather u get a replica mount or just develop the picture either way you have proof of the experience and give a fellow angler the chance of a lifetime as well.
or you can keep it, kill it, and mount it - which is exactly what I am going to do when I finally get a pike over 35. Don't be such a hater.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:08 AM

you probably would. But the good news is you wont.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Where did my post go!!? Its been quoted... Where is it now? Hackified?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvlaojjyTWY
Old 03-07-2012, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarplayingfish View Post
Not all fry will have the same genes... but the majority of the population will have the potential to grow to that same size, absolutely... its a matter of the fishery, not the fish. If you got a 32lber from there, obviously the water is capable of holding such fish and there is a good possibility it will happen again or has already happened (assuming the fishery hasn't deteriorated since than).
Agree George Fickle(1st Nations) netted Lake for 30 years before the 70's when i meet him and said 40 lbs

allways helps to do your homework/recon

Food for Thought
David
Old 03-07-2012, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Agree George Fickle(1st Nations) netted Lake for 30 years before the 70's when i meet him and said 40 lbs

allways helps to do your homework/recon

Food for Thought
David
exactly my point. 30 pounders were common 30 years ago. but they arent any more. I have heard stories of 40 pound legends too but from 30 to 50 years ago. ever here those stories now?

I dont.