Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-12-2007, 11:14 PM
cooperator

Default Lakers in Northern AB

Im thinking im might do a trip this may/june to Andrew lake lodge. Can anyone offer some suggestions on the best time to go? Ive heard (depending on ice off) last 2 weeks of may and first 2 of june.
I guess the trick is to be there when they're still shallow but is that a particular time or is it dependent on ice off.
Any tips on other lakes and gear to bring would be appreciated too.
Thanks in advance....

Coop
Old 02-13-2007, 08:48 AM
Brock1

Coop I went with danny on a caribou hunt this fall and he says that if it is a late ice off, the ice will be on until almost mid june.so I will call him and see when the best time is for you and call you. seems to me he said any of the last 2 weeks of june are awesome for lakers and huge pike. he has another lodge now too on a different lake, i think it was better for lakers. he offers flights from fort mac or high level or edmonton, just charges charter fees about 4 bucks an air mile. drive to fort mac and save you guys 1200 bucks between you.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:00 PM
craveman

Like i said on the other site,3rd week in june in case ice is late coming off and,depending on who and how much they've spent you might get bumped on your trip.try and stay away from any later then 2 week of july.
AKA Livesnorth