Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-01-2018, 09:14 PM

Default Brokers Marine Camrose??

Hey folks. Quick question..

Lookin at a bagger in a Victory model.

Anyone have some dealing with the outfit??
Not lookin for a company bash, just a take on experience is all.

Talked to a salesman today who really didn't seem to give a rat **** on what I was lookin for, or how far I had to drive to do business...

Raised a flag for me is all...and my flags usually ring true...
Buddy bought a bike there as well, I wont get into it but kinda dissatisfied, but he wouldn't make a stink much about most..

Curious is all. Thx.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:16 PM

I will never deal with Brokers again!
Old 02-01-2018, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
Hey folks. Quick question..

Lookin at a bagger in a Victory model.

Anyone have some dealing with the outfit??
Not lookin for a company bash, just a take on experience is all.

Talked to a salesman today who really didn't seem to give a rat **** on what I was lookin for, or how far I had to drive to do business...

Raised a flag for me is all...and my flags usually ring true...
Buddy bought a bike there as well, I wont get into it but kinda dissatisfied, but he wouldn't make a stink much about most..

Curious is all. Thx.

Sounds like you've got most of the information you need already Hayseed. If they care enough to give you good service when you're buying, they'll probably care even less when you have issues.

I'd make sure the owner/managers knew why you chose to buy elsewhere too. If people don't pipe up over bad service it'll never get better.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:26 PM

I’ve dealt with them lots. I’ve had no issues. To me they are no different than most powersports shops. Phone and talk to Jeff the owner and tell him your concerns. He tells it like it is but his word is good with me. If it’s the sales guy I’m thinking of he’s had a tough battle with cancer so not much gets him excited.

Want a gong show? Try dealing with Cycle Works Red Deer
Old 02-01-2018, 10:06 PM

I've dealt with these guys when I bought my Gsxr 600 back in 08'.

Awesome customer service. Great pricing. If I were to buy another toy, I'd go through them again.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:00 AM

I bought my Victory HardBall from them and have nothing but positives to say about both sales and service!
Old 02-03-2018, 07:49 AM

If you want Victory and don’t want to deal with Brokers you might want to consider Elk Island Sales. They are pretty dedicated Victory folks.

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 02-03-2018, 10:01 AM

So I had the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with these guys.... I was looking for a 2000-2001 CBR 929rr and they happened to have one.... I drove up to see it looked it over asked questions like " has the bike ever been laid down.... a foot peg was scratched to hell as was the bar end the brake leaver and one of the engine hanging bolts ( that was an odd one as the cowling wasn't scratched ...lol... the head light was spotless, unlike my old 929 that was the same year same milage and full of pock-marks from stones) they kept saying the bike was never crashed.... ( oh and they said the decal came off when power-washing it.....lol... I think they thought I didn't know bikes) I took the bike to an independent it checked out...it was mechanically sound and straight which is all I was looking for....so I bought it....
I was never followed by more cops in my life.... for the 4 years I owned it....registered and insured the whole time... I finally sold the bike within a month I had the new owner calling me yelling at me as the cops came and took his bike away, as it was stolen.... ontario frame and engine from oregon...I emailed the CPS officer that was dealing with it and told them my story..... never heard a thing about it after that.....
Not worth the risk buying from them as this kid lost $7500.00....and a nice bike.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:24 PM

Default Beware

Ordered a boat trailer from there a few years back, waited longer than expected for it to arrive. Once it did arrive (the day I was going on my fishing trip) it wasn't the trailer that I had ordered. I called the dealership and asked them what had happened and the salesperson told me that they ordered this specific model because this trailer would be a better suited for my needs. I sent the trailer back and got my money back. I wouldn't deal with them again as here was no apologies for their mistake.