Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-23-2018, 10:10 PM

A buddy just called me and wants me to have all the rest of his Oilers season tickets.

I won, right?

Right?

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-24-2018, 09:03 AM

As a teenager, I put in some draw in a sports store. Ended up winning an all expenses paid trip to Whistler for 4. Flights, hotel, spending money.
Parents were pretty happy and we had a fun trip.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:36 AM

Default Free

Don't know about winning but Alberta government changed 84 light bulbs in my house. Shower heads sink tap sieves, thermostats, and some efficiency boxes on the tvs. Guess I can say I won because they came through with a promise
Old 01-25-2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBI View Post
Didn't win any ski trips , but I sure remember the Warren Miller films
On a side note - I just heard he passed away yesterday. RIP Warren.
Old 01-25-2018, 04:09 PM

I won an orange Oiler jersey signed by by Connor McDavid last week. I hope he can make that thing increase in value. Funny thing is that I am a Flames fan.
Old 01-25-2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Bar View Post
I won an orange Oiler jersey signed by by Connor McDavid last week. I hope he can make that thing increase in value. Funny thing is that I am a Flames fan.
Bessiedog will sell his blood a pint at a time to buy that from you I'm pretty sure.....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-26-2018, 04:26 AM

$20.00 on loto max !

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:04 AM

Thumbs up

Won tickets to the Super Bowl in San Diego. Took the future wife to be along, just wanted to sell my tickets and enjoy the weekend(she's not a football fan). That didn't even work as there was a big screw up and didn't even get the tickets. Went to the radio station that put the contest on and received a check for the value of the package. Used the money to pay off some bills, that made her happy.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:10 PM
Banned

I win alcohol all the time. Great for my friends as I don't drink.
My dad told me I am crazy enough without drinking!!
Old 01-26-2018, 06:09 PM

Shared $25K first prize with my fishing partner at the Golden Walleye Classic one year.

Won a Browning Cynergy sporting clays shotgun one year at the Ft. St. John Oilmans Trap Shoot.

The previous year a fellow that worked in a different town for the same company as I did won a Beretta 682 gold EX trap shotgun at the same trap shoot. I must have sounded envious when I told my wife about it because she tracked him down, bought it, and gave it to me for Christmas. Felt like a win.

Another year at the same trap shoot I won a $200 gift certificate for a Ft. St. John gun shop. Never got back there much. Came across it in a drawer a few weeks ago. I wonder if they'd honour a 10 year old gift certificate?

And still on another year at the same trap shoot I won a camp cot, blow up mattress, canvas bed roll, and sleeping bag complete with a blow up sex doll. Some of the guys would bring their trailers or motor homes so they could network (drink, play poker, shot the breeze) with others in the industry. I gave the sex doll to one of the guys whose friend was getting drunk and hitting on the few women there without much luck. Heard he wasn't as amused as everyone else when he found it under the covers in his bed in the trailer.

Looking back, why the hell did I stop going to the Ft. St. John trap shoot?
Old 01-26-2018, 06:47 PM

Dad took to me a Flames game back in 1988. Lived in the Hat and travelled to the game. He bought the program and our number ended up on the scoreboard. I won a 1988 Olympics pull over ( not sure but it was not a sweatshirt or a tshirt) but expensive material. It was red with the Calgary Olympics logo on the chest on one side....I could not believe we won with all the people in the stands....Will never forget that memory...
Old 01-26-2018, 06:51 PM

I always buy Grey cup tickets through our Church and had 27-24 score for the East side....I figured I was done till the Stamps blew it on the last play...Was sad that the Stamps lost like that but put $500 in my pocket for the final score

This was 2017...the last grey cup...
Old 01-26-2018, 07:01 PM

actually won a draw last weekend and took home a Weatherby van guard 223 with with a scope and few extras
Old 01-26-2018, 08:36 PM

I won a trip for 2 from Saskatoon to Toronto. A weekend that included a tour of TSN, Much Music and Blue Jays tickets, plus $300 spending. I won for being a new subscriber to TSN.
Old 01-27-2018, 08:41 AM

20 years ago or so, the band I played drums in won a signed Courtney Love electric guitar at a contest. We in the band cut cards to see who gets the guitar. I drew last, and the highest, so I won the guitar. I had no cymbals for my new drums, so traded the guitar for a set of new cymbals. Band became small town rock stars for awhile. So I guess I won a couple times....Awesome experience...............
Old 02-03-2018, 08:46 PM

As a kid my whole family won a trip to Disneyland. I was pretty great, is was from some raffle that 2&7 had going on...Yes back in the 2&7 days
Old 02-03-2018, 09:52 PM

Night vision ... exact same model I allready had. Sold on here I think

Trip to the drunk tank .... liked it so much won again few years later
Old 02-04-2018, 06:41 AM

Club seats to Oilers/Penguins game from Canadian Tire.

Was going to say the wife, but she quit smoking a few days ago......ever stick your hand in a box of rattlesnakes?