Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-02-2018, 11:09 AM

Default Veterans want more than we can afford -Trudeau

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/just...nton-1.4515822

When you think about all the things that Ottawa has thrown money at over the last few years, does this make any sense?
Old 02-02-2018, 11:36 AM

It doesn't make sense. I expect he will sing a different tune when he starts campaigning for the next election. Then he will make the same promises he made to vets before this election.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:48 AM

Trudeau can afford to take vets to court, but taking Omar to court would cost too much money.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:51 AM

Trudeau walks on the world stage and tosses out $180M, throws money away to others like there is no end and freezes out the people that fight for our way of life. Makes no sense to me but in his mind and world it does. Says a lot about him and his values re Canada.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:51 AM

Yet we can give millions to terrorists, refugees, and foreign governments, instead of giving our veterans what they deserve?
Old 02-02-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
Trudeau can afford to take vets to court, but taking Omar to court would cost too much money.
Agree
Old 02-02-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Yet we can give millions to terrorists, refugees, and foreign governments, instead of giving our veterans what they deserve?
It's disgraceful isn't it.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:54 AM
Banned

Yea how discussing, I watched the meeting in Edmonton last night. He said he saved us money by settling with Omar kadar, why doesn't he give our veterans the same treatment, after all they deserve it more than anyone. Giving kadar was total treason. He would rather donate hundreds of millions to over seas issues, native issues, or the opioids crisis. He's more conserved with gender issues in prisons or whatever other discussing causes are out there. He is a total embarrassment and a disgrace. Trump all the way

There should be a country wide revolt.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSwedeItIs View Post
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/just...nton-1.4515822

When you think about all the things that Ottawa has thrown money at over the last few years, does this make any sense?
So why haven't any of the previous non Liberal governments given it to them?
Old 02-02-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Yep, Harper ran deficits because of the world recession and spent money on infrastructure and Canadians. Trudeau is running record deficits outside a war or recession giving money away to dictators while selling our infrastructure (via infrastructure bank) while the world economy is booming.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:59 AM

This is all linked. This example of Vets need more money is linked to upcoming pension crisis. This is Tip Iceberg.

Martin Armstrong states;
Blog/Pension Crisis
Posted Feb 2, 2018 by Martin Armstrong

Inevitably, all things must come to an end. Our entire problem with government is we have ZERO accountability and ZERO qualification standards to even run for office. The Democrats have put forth blacks and women, not because of their abilities, but simply because they want to score votes. The latest proposal was to put Oprah Winfrey up for president. She is black and a woman. This is the qualification requirement? This is like going to Jay Leno for brain surgery. This is why we are in such a crisis. Oprah may be a nice person, but that does not qualify her to make a decision in international relations no less economics.
We impose no qualifications to be a politician. Anyone can run for office. We are in serious trouble because we elect people who have no idea what is going on and just assume everything has been working so why change it? I have warned that the Central Banks in quantitative Easing set the stage for the next crisis. The excessive low-interest rates for nearly 10 years has undermined the pension system while all governments have borrowed like crazy never considering what happens if rates rise?
In Britain, (western nations), two out of three pension funds are in the deficit. In total, some British 3,710 pension schemes are in deficit according to the Pension Protection Fund watchdog. The entire Ponzi Scheme of pension is falling apart. We need crisis management right NOW and there isn’t a hope in hell of moving to such a position of a Crisis Manager. Millions of workers around the world who believed in government are going to see their futures wiped out.

There is going to have to be a NEW Cabinet position with dictatorial powers as a crisis manager. If we continue to ignore this issue, we are headed into a very serious Monetary Crisis and there is NOBODY in office that even understands the threat. So individually, we must ride this wave and to survive, we simply have to comprehend the nature of the crisis. The idiots who are in power will try to raise taxes to fill a deficit for one month. They are not addressing the crisis. This cannot be fixed by raising taxes. We need real CRISIS MANAGEMENT skills and soon.
Categories: Pension Crisis
Old 02-02-2018, 12:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post
So why haven't any of the previous non Liberal governments given it to them?
Good point. The Harper government didn't campaign on a promise to restore pensions for life for wounded Veterans though. Justin did and it turned out to be a flat out lie.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Good point. The Harper government didn't campaign on a promise to restore pensions for life for wounded Veterans though. Justin did and it turned out to be a flat out lie.
And Harper was a billion times above numb nuts. Sorry no nuts.

Last edited by Hillbilly 12; 02-02-2018 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:46 PM

I know he had his warts, but I sure miss Harper.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:47 PM
Banned

that 10.5mil (plus the other 30mil to the 3 that the media went silent on) would have been used well for Vets.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:02 PM

It's called take care of new voters and tough luck for the rest.

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 02-02-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by play.soccer View Post
that 10.5mil (plus the other 30mil to the 3 that the media went silent on) would have been used well for Vets.
https://www.spencerfernando.com/2017...n-foreign-aid/

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
Yeah thats a problem too.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
Good point
Old 02-02-2018, 05:00 PM

Justin and all Liberal supporters should be waving the ISIS flag since they
mean much more too them then any vet. Just sick.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:50 PM

Default Pos

Trudeau is a wining the waste of skin he is ruining the country. The fact a country sends someone to war then turns there back on them when they get home is a joke and makes me embarrassed to be Canadian
Old 02-02-2018, 09:05 PM
Banned

I wonder where all the Judas' from the Canadian Veterans Advocacy are these days? You know the whinger and moaner in chief Mike Blais, his partner in tears Ron Clark and the rest of their minions? Those bozos cried and stamped their feet, cursed Harper ( even though it was Paul Martin who brought in the New Veterans Charter and got rid of the pension act of 1919) and actively campaigned for Trudeau, stood behind him when he promised to restore the pension act on Aug 24th 2015 in Belleville Ont. And now? Crickets. These "veterans" turned their backs on their own kind for their 30 pieces of silver and are now too embarrassed to show their faces near a tv camera that they were all too eager to cry in front of 2 years ago.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:04 PM

Talking Trudeau

But he has nice hair and promised to legalize marijuana!!
Old 02-03-2018, 12:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornedeerhunter View Post
I wonder where all the Judas' from the Canadian Veterans Advocacy are these days? You know the whinger and moaner in chief Mike Blais, his partner in tears Ron Clark and the rest of their minions? Those bozos cried and stamped their feet, cursed Harper ( even though it was Paul Martin who brought in the New Veterans Charter and got rid of the pension act of 1919) and actively campaigned for Trudeau, stood behind him when he promised to restore the pension act on Aug 24th 2015 in Belleville Ont. And now? Crickets. These "veterans" turned their backs on their own kind for their 30 pieces of silver and are now too embarrassed to show their faces near a tv camera that they were all too eager to cry in front of 2 years ago.
Don't get me going with those traitorous pigs!

Both camps were funded by unions to bring Harper down.

Blais ended up getting kicked off the Veterans Advisory Board by the Liberals. He had served his purpose and was no longer required. I was very delighted to hear that news. ABC dissolved right after Justin got elected and Blais is irrelevant now.

I have a lot of time for that Major (his name escapes me at the moment) who is a spokesman for the Equitas Group. He can represent me anytime!
Old 02-03-2018, 12:28 AM

Mark Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Don't get me going with those traitorous pigs!

Both camps were funded by unions to bring Harper down.

Blais ended up getting kicked off the Veterans Advisory Board by the Liberals. He had served his purpose and was no longer required. I was very delighted to hear that news. ABC dissolved right after Justin got elected and Blais is irrelevant now.

I have a lot of time for that Major (his name escapes me at the moment) who is a spokesman for the Equitas Group. He can represent me anytime!
Old 02-03-2018, 12:33 AM

Default vets vs gov't

The vet who led the fight to re-establish veterans' offices lives right across the street from me. He has had to fight against every political party since 1953.
When the new pension was finally paid some of the vets got $ 700.00 because they only qualified for a percentage. My neighbour is in his late eighties. He has no fight left in him. This low pension was the last indignity he could suffer.
The pensions could be well funded if there was the political will to do it. Now the vets are passing away and many voices are silent. This is indeed a black eye against all vets and their families. At every political discussion please mention the need to back our vets as they have done for us; this is the only thing my neighbour asks. Peace.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:33 AM

The fact remains that the new veterans charter was drafted in 2004-2005 by the Chrétien/Martin liberals, then they introduced it in the House of Commons, elections followed in 2006 and Harper got a minority gov't.

When it was time to vote on it, all four parties voted in favour of it, not a single vote against. Gov't lawyers (which by the way don't change no matter who is in power) claimed that the gov't has no social contract with veterans. It was blamed on Harper even if he never said it. They repeated it again recently under Trudeau as well.

A lawyer and veterans advocate (can't remember his name, heard him on the radio) estimated that the gov't is saving between 4.5 to 5 billions a year by not awarding lifetime pensions and replacing them with lump sums payments. that's a lot of money.

While most Canadians support veterans, they don't care enough to make it a voting issue so politicians have nothing to gain from helping vets and spending that kind of money.

If you look at the track record of both LPC and CPC in the last 50 years in regards to vets and DND, evidence shows that liberals are the absolute worst so I would personnally rank CPC as a small notch above.
Old 02-03-2018, 08:33 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Tollers View Post
Trudeau walks on the world stage and tosses out $180M, throws money away to others like there is no end and freezes out the people that fight for our way of life. Makes no sense to me but in his mind and world it does. Says a lot about him and his values re Canada.
Yup, open the door to know terrorists too....feed, throw money out but a soldier comes home beat down physically and mentally and there is to much thrown out to the vets...

He best stay in the Ontario area big cities like to feel wanted....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...