Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-02-2018, 04:37 PM

Default carbon tax on my gas bill.

Have you checked your Jan. heating bill? My shop, which is only a storage place
cost me $61.00 for 30 days. Plus the GST on the carbon tax. My total bill with all the BS charges was over $300.00
How did we ever elect these idiots.

Last edited by pgavey; 02-02-2018 at 04:52 PM.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:55 PM
Banned

Late to the party with this one.

Search Carbon Tax complaints 2017.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:43 PM

Mine was 29,

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HAVE AN UGLY LOOKIN DOG .....GET A LAB
Old 02-02-2018, 05:48 PM

It is not a Carbon Tax, it is a Carbon Levy. Know why? Because it is illegal to to charge GST on another tax, but they can tax a levy until the cows come home. Moving forward, you can expect it to get worse.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg suffer.jpg (65.9 KB, 146 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 02-02-2018, 06:54 PM

My house is 1558’ on the main floor and my shop is 2400’. This is the first time I have ever had a gas bill over $300.00.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:50 PM

in a country this cold it is as cruel to tax heating fuel as it is to tax food. For shame ndp!
Old 02-03-2018, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
in a country this cold it is as cruel to tax heating fuel
That is very true.

But, in that, 60% of Albertans get that levy back in the rebate.

Everybody seems to keep trading money back and forth and skimming the top.

Government has to be minimized to be effective.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:19 PM

Well I guess I'm part of the 40% and I aint farting thru silk believe me.
Old 02-03-2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Map Maker View Post
That is very true.

But, in that, 60% of Albertans get that levy back in the rebate.

Everybody seems to keep trading money back and forth and skimming the top.

Government has to be minimized to be effective.
Wrong.

Get the facts straight. 60% of HOUSEHOLDS.

My household counts lol. But because I have a kid that earned income.

This is a huge transfer of money from parents paying bills to any kid living at home and filling out income tax form even if not paying taxes.

This is a NDP scam as it bribes all kids living under their parents roof to vote NDP for the free freeloading NDP allowance.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-03-2018, 03:26 PM
Banned

Come on fellas small cost to pay to save the planet.
As long as we pay we’re good.
Old 02-03-2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panko View Post
Waste is waste.

Now if the NDP said they will use the money to remove any waiting lists in the health care system and increase staff at laboratory services one could say they aren't idiots.

Otherwise the sound of NDP flushing money down the toilet is frustrating.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-14-2018, 01:29 PM

i just took closer look at my atco bill from last month , 126$ gas usage .. carbon levy 81$ along with all the misc admin/distribution charges total was 395$
Old 03-14-2018, 02:13 PM

Default Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Wrong.

Get the facts straight. 60% of HOUSEHOLDS.

My household counts lol. But because I have a kid that earned income.

This is a huge transfer of money from parents paying bills to any kid living at home and filling out income tax form even if not paying taxes.

This is a NDP scam as it bribes all kids living under their parents roof to vote NDP for the free freeloading NDP allowance.
In effect, the Borg are paying (i.e., I am paying) administration costs to redistribute money from me to my children. I am much more efficient at doing this, at no cost. At least mine are not stupid enough to see it as legit or wise. The oldest actually donated some of these "winnings" to the UCP, and converted them to tax credits, on top of the useful purpose.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtank View Post
i just took closer look at my atco bill from last month , 126$ gas usage .. carbon levy 81$ along with all the misc admin/distribution charges total was 395$
Big gas heated shop? An $81 carbon levy would be 54 gj of gas
Old 03-14-2018, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
My house is 1558’ on the main floor and my shop is 2400’. This is the first time I have ever had a gas bill over $300.00.
You heat 6000 sq ft of space for $300 and are complaining? You’re not living in Texas, man. This was a cold winter with few warm spells. You don’t think that factored in?
Old 03-14-2018, 08:45 PM
Banned

Another thing, on top of that, I bought all them led lights when they were dirt cheap, swapped them out with the cfls, halogens and incandescents, and guess what? A noticeable less amount of heat,you don’t realize how much heat those lights put out, me n’ the wife were trying to figure out what was going on, then it dawned on me, the ndp gave me all these kickbacks knowin full well they’d have me over a barrel with the extra gas I would need to make up for the lost heat of those old types of bulbs, how the heck didn’t I see this comin? This is trailer park boys greasy!
Old 03-15-2018, 06:39 AM
Banned

Somebody has to pay for all those free lightbulbs the people from BC and Saskatchewan came over the boarder to steal from us.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:45 AM

I went to Sask. for my light bulbs - $0.50 each after the Sask. gov. rebate. And I didn't have to wait for some team to come and install them.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
Another thing, on top of that, I bought all them led lights when they were dirt cheap, swapped them out with the cfls, halogens and incandescents, and guess what? A noticeable less amount of heat,you don’t realize how much heat those lights put out, me n’ the wife were trying to figure out what was going on, then it dawned on me, the ndp gave me all these kickbacks knowin full well they’d have me over a barrel with the extra gas I would need to make up for the lost heat of those old types of bulbs, how the heck didn’t I see this comin? This is trailer park boys greasy!
I've been saying this since they first started to push CFL bulbs. In a climate where we only turn off the heat for 3 mos. of the year, it is a false premise that the heat produced by incandescent bulbs is "waste". Especially when you factor in that for the 3 months when we don't actually need heat in the interior of the building, we also don't need to turn on the lights very much.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgavey View Post
Have you checked your Jan. heating bill? My shop, which is only a storage place
cost me $61.00 for 30 days. Plus the GST on the carbon tax. My total bill with all the BS charges was over $300.00
How did we ever elect these idiots.
The "BS charges" that tend to make up the majority of your bill are so the company can make significant profit for their shareholders. Thank Ralph Klein for that part of your bill.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerbadger View Post
The "BS charges" that tend to make up the majority of your bill are so the company can make significant profit for their shareholders. Thank Ralph Klein for that part of your bill.
x2

Same goes for our electricity bills.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Waste is waste.

Now if the NDP said they will use the money to remove any waiting lists in the health care system and increase staff at laboratory services one could say they aren't idiots.
That money wouldn't begin to reduce waiting lists, though it might pay for free parking.

Our health care is already better than we can afford. Has been for years.

Yes there is waste, lots of it, by all gov'ts.

Efficient and conscientious gov't would be an enormous help.

Pie in the sky expectations of what the gov't should provide for the people needs to be brought back to equal the reality of economic and financial situation of the collective population.

People expect gov'ts to accommodate and provide for every whim, then complain when asked to pay for it.

We wonder why we're drowning in debt?

The whole system needs a reset.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
That money wouldn't begin to reduce waiting lists, though it might pay for free parking.

Our health care is already better than we can afford. Has been for years.

Yes there is waste, lots of it, by all gov'ts.

Efficient and conscientious gov't would be an enormous help.

Pie in the sky expectations of what the gov't should provide for the people needs to be brought back to equal the reality of economic and financial situation of the collective population.

People expect gov'ts to accommodate and provide for every whim, then complain when asked to pay for it.

We wonder why we're drowning in debt?

The whole system needs a reset.
We're "drowning in debt" because corporate tax rates aren't what they were from the post war period into the 1980's. (when people talk about the "good old days", those corporate tax rates helped fund the benefits that made those days good)
Old 03-15-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
We're "drowning in debt" because corporate tax rates aren't what they were from the post war period into the 1980's. (when people talk about the "good old days", those corporate tax rates helped fund the benefits that made those days good)
And the personal tax rates have not risen to compensate. As a result consumer goods are cheaper now than ever in history and working folks have more disposable income than ever in history - but as a collective we are "drowning in debt".
Yes, corporate tax rates could be increased to cover all the shortfall - but unemployment would go way up as corporations restructure or relocate to fix their bottom line and those who are still working would not be able to afford the consumer goods as the companies re-price to control their bottom line.
No matter how you shake it, all government money comes from the people. When the people aren't willing to pay for what they ask for the government has a major problem.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCLightning View Post
And the personal tax rates have not risen to compensate. As a result consumer goods are cheaper now than ever in history and working folks have more disposable income than ever in history - but as a collective we are "drowning in debt".
Yes, corporate tax rates could be increased to cover all the shortfall - but unemployment would go way up as corporations restructure or relocate to fix their bottom line and those who are still working would not be able to afford the consumer goods as the companies re-price to control their bottom line.
No matter how you shake it, all government money comes from the people. When the people aren't willing to pay for what they ask for the government has a major problem.
There seems to be room to increase corporate taxes.

http://pressprogress.ca/canada_corpo...cash_hoarding/
Old 03-15-2018, 04:07 PM

Quote:
There seems to be room to increase corporate taxes.

http://pressprogress.ca/canada_corpo...cash_hoarding/

How did the talk of increasing the corporate tax to oil producers via royalty changes go over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panko View Post
Yes sask thanks you. I'm sure we'll eventually get something as well