Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-05-2013, 12:23 PM

Default Touchwood And Area Ice Conditions?

I'm looking to head up to Spencer and I usually sled across Touchwood to get there. Just wondering if anyone has any information on the ice conditions, flood water, etc on both lakes. Also, has anyone been out on Blackett, Kinard, or any of the lakes in the area lately? Pinehurst?
Old 02-05-2013, 03:36 PM

There is a ton of flood water on Seibert, so I am guessing the rest as well. Lots of snow, and with the warm up it will only get worse. Sled no problem, you will likely get stuck in the snow with a quad, truck, not a chance anymore.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:32 PM

I was on Touchwood about 2 weeks ago and didn't hit any floodwater, but I was talking to someone tonight who said there is some really nasty stuff all around the trail into Spencer. I was hoping to go in there this weekend with the quad but I've been stuck on Touchwood enough in the past and may just stick around closer to home.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:58 PM

The flood water on touchwood is patchy. The south half of the lake was quite bad a few weeks ago as well as the bay getting into the spencer trail. Tons of snow.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:23 AM

Was at Kinnard on Friday some flood water but no problem getting around on sled with tobbogan, quadding is a problem. Blackett was also good for snowmobile, with some flood water not as much as in past years.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:37 PM

Was out at Touchwood Saturday. What a ton of snow everywhere and the road in there all the way is plowed quite narrow. Wouldnt want to meet another person on it.

Touchwood was patchy water, snow 8-20" on the lake and an unplowed lot. 1 Bite all day

Wouldn't take anything but a sled on the lake, and even then my Crossfire was working pretty hard.