Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 02-16-2010, 10:15 PM
Banned

Default SRD Travelling Road Show Coming to a Town Near You.

Good chance for all you in Lethbridge and area to complain to SRD in person.

http://www.arhj.org/documents/Poster2010.doc

http://www.arhj.org/documents/SRDInvitation.doc
Old 02-16-2010, 10:26 PM

Thanks for the post.

Have they released the agenda for the meeting?
Old 02-16-2010, 10:27 PM

Annual Fish & Wildlife Public Meeting

Alberta Fish and Wildlife Division will be hosting a public meeting in Lethbridge to discuss wildlife management issues in this area. Representatives of municipalities, stakeholder groups, agricultural producers and interested members of the public are all invited to attend. Updates on the RAMP pilot program and current wildlife research projects relating to game management will be provided, as well as discussion on current issues regarding populations, harvest, season setting recommendations and problem wildlife issues. Biological staff will be present to address concerns expressed at the meeting.

The meeting is scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 25, 2010 starting at 7:00 p.m. at the Lethbridge Public Library (810 – 5th Ave. South). The meeting will be held in the Theater Room.

Please ensure this information is passed on to all members of your organization or group. Anyone unable to attend may submit concerns to myself at the address on the letterhead.

Kim Morton
Senior Wildlife Biologist
F&W - Lethbridge Area
Old 02-16-2010, 10:27 PM

Annual Fish & Wildlife Public Meeting

Alberta Fish and Wildlife Division will be hosting a public meeting in Lethbridge to discuss wildlife management issues in this area. Representatives of municipalities, stakeholder groups, agricultural producers and interested members of the public are invited to attend. Updates on the RAMP pilot project and current wildlife research projects relating to game management will be provided, as well as discussion on current issues regarding season setting, populations, harvest and problem wildlife issues in the Lethbridge area. Biological staff will be present to address concerns expressed at the meeting.

The meeting is scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 25, 2010 starting at 7:00 p.m. at the Lethbridge Public Library (810 – 5th Ave. South). The meeting will be in the Theater Room (downstairs).
Old 02-16-2010, 10:28 PM

Any idea if there is a list or schedule for the SRD meetings throughout the province?
Old 02-16-2010, 10:40 PM
Banned

No idea.

Seems like this kind of thing would be exactly why the My Wild Alberta Site was created but could only find one other one on there.

http://www.mywildalberta.com/Hunting...sCalendar.aspx
Old 02-16-2010, 10:43 PM

hmm that would be worth attending
Old 02-16-2010, 10:46 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duk Dog View Post
Any idea if there is a list or schedule for the SRD meetings throughout the province?
The Calgary meeting was in late January.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:46 PM
Banned

So.. I wonder who is at the meeting in Drum tonight? They used to hold these all across the province and they were rather widely publicized in the local papers.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:54 PM
Banned

Really? The Calgary meeting already took place. How were woodsmen informed of the meeting? Seems like a few people from Calgary who frequent this forum would have liked to attend.

Sheephunter did you attend the meeting?
Old 02-16-2010, 11:12 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbas#1 View Post
Really? The Calgary meeting already took place. How were woodsmen informed of the meeting? Seems like a few people from Calgary who frequent this forum would have liked to attend.

Sheephunter did you attend the meeting?
No, I was sick with some sort of plague I picked up at the SCI show.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Banned

The guys that get dumped on at these forums are middle management, which are quite expendable when it comes to careers.

The bigshots.........the high paid cowards from the ADM's department stay away. The know everything.

Remember, It is lower guys on the totem pole up to middle management that know how to fix the system, their political masters say differently, and the government employee spends his career waiting for that pension while not really having to work very hard.

So take it easy on those poor guys, Nothing will really be accomplished at those meetings.......Unless you have some high level politician by the throat.

I make no apology for speaking the truth.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
The guys that get dumped on at these forums are middle management, which are quite expendable when it comes to careers.

The bigshots.........the high paid cowards from the ADM's department stay away. The know everything.

Remember, It is lower guys on the totem pole up to middle management that know how to fix the system, their political masters say differently, and the government employee spends his career waiting for that pension while not really having to work very hard.

So take it easy on those poor guys, Nothing will really be accomplished at those meetings.......Unless you have some high level politician by the throat.

To call the Regional Biologist middle management and expendalbe might be a stretch. I would suggest that these are the people that we have contact with that can get us information pertinent to our wishes.

The rest of that is unfortunatly very true. I have dealt with Kim in the past and he is quite capable of dealing with this. The invite says to contact him with concerns prior to the meeting so I'll send a letter to have all the info on the sheep issue handy.

It's to bad that those that knew about this meeting in Calgary didn't spread that info around maybe we would already have the information that has lead to all this sheep debate.

Its funny how some issues bring out contempt and ridicule to those that brought it to the public eye and yet other issues don't get that same critism when conveiniently ommitted from the public view.

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 02-18-2010, 10:16 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post

Regional biologists actually weild a lot of power are are often the sole decision makers for their regions on seasons and harvest numbers.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:46 AM

Anybody have any idea if there is or was one for the peace region this year? Would sure like to see what they have to say on a few things.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
Regional biologists actually weild a lot of power are are often the sole decision makers for their regions on seasons and harvest numbers.
Things must have changed since I worked out of the head office in Edmonton a few years ago.

Although the regional biologists did contribute to the regulations, the actual documents were decided by the upper management who would answer directly to Assistant Deputy Ministers office.