Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-12-2013, 09:17 AM

Default Lake trout (Crowsnest Lake)

I finally got my new boat rigged up with downriggers and was able to put a few in the boat at Waterton before it closed last week. I noticed in the regs that Crowsnest Lake is open all year, but I have never fished it before. What are the chances of catching some lakers there? Does the lake hold good population of fish? I have to spend a few days in the Pass next week and will drag my boat out if it seems worth it. Thanks in advance for any info.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:38 AM

The lake is not deeper than 100 ft. I think Crowsnest lake is a harder lake to be successful at than the average too but there are some good sized lakers than come out of it. I have heard where the river comes in on the west end and the Cave/spring beside the tracks are good locations. Good luck to you !
Old 09-12-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike fisher View Post
I finally got my new boat rigged up with downriggers and was able to put a few in the boat at Waterton before it closed last week. I noticed in the regs that Crowsnest Lake is open all year, but I have never fished it before. What are the chances of catching some lakers there? Does the lake hold good population of fish? I have to spend a few days in the Pass next week and will drag my boat out if it seems worth it. Thanks in advance for any info.
Sorry, All I can help you with is watch the wind down there...It is usually pretty crazy but then again if you were in Waterton, you probably knew that already...

Good luck down there
Old 09-12-2013, 10:31 AM

Thanks for the info. If it is not blowing, I think I will give it a try.

Also, if I read the regs correctly, I am not allowed to use bait in Crowsnest Lake. Is that correct?
Old 09-12-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike fisher View Post
Thanks for the info. If it is not blowing, I think I will give it a try.

Also, if I read the regs correctly, I am not allowed to use bait in Crowsnest Lake. Is that correct?
I believe so...Maybe wrong though...Just took my regs book out to the trailer

I believe these may differ whether on Crowsnest lake or if you are on the river...