Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-19-2015, 03:51 PM

Default Is this not common practice anymore?

Had a guy out to install some new carpet and I asked him to install a metal transition strip to the lino in the doorway. All he had with him was plastic. Apparently if you want metal now you have to specifically request it? Not big on the plastic stuff, looks pretty cheap to me.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:36 PM

Home hardware is full of them. Poor service seems to be the norm these days. Had a guy tell me a story on the Weekend about BEST plumbing in Calgary. Job involved moving a toilet flange in CONCRETE, which the company was aware of. Sent out a guy without a jack hammer, so he had to go get one. They tried to bill him for the time involved, at plumber's rates.

Grizz
Old 05-19-2015, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Had a guy out to install some new carpet and I asked him to install a metal transition strip to the lino in the doorway. All he had with him was plastic. Apparently if you want metal now you have to specifically request it? Not big on the plastic stuff, looks pretty cheap to me.
I just had new carpet installed last month in Calgary and got metal tranxition strips. I never asked for it and wouldn't have accepted plastic.