Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2020, 08:06 AM

Default Fish Cop on Board

The news has been telling us for Months now about Covid, Social distancing , how easy it spreads.....
The point of my writing.... A week ago as my son and I were enjoying the day fishing on Gull Lake when the 2 young Fish cops showed up and wanted to see how fishing has been, all our gear on the boat to meet the rules and my operators licence for the boat...Ok No problem.
Now that I have told him about my Walleye in the live well he says I'm coming aboard to measure it.....Their the law right.
So he comes aboard and opens the live well and and after a 30 second fight he has the fish on the floor of my boat and is wrestling to keep it still to measure it...I offer to use the white plastic pipe with a measuring stick inside that I bought...Nope he wants his retractable measuring tape because mine could be fake.
I ended up having to hold the end of the tape for him, Yup 47cm your good..He puts the fish back in and their on the way to the next boat then the next.

Afterwards I was thinking how if he had covid or any others how it could get spread around by him now.
As a government employee are they not instructed to keep their distance or at minimum when boarding boats wear a Mask !!!!

I guess I should have said no mask no boarding my boat and stood my ground on that decision. The law does not need any bad media attention right now so doing this kind of thing on their part was not very smart.....