Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-28-2013, 04:14 PM

Wack Packers everywhere you go. Thing about defending freedom of speech is most of the defending pertains to people we disagree with.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:54 PM

I did some work with a Dutch fella who was a neo nazi. His grand-dad was in the waffen SS and died on the Eastern front. Needless to say, his family did not do well after the war ended, as collaborators were not treated well.

Apart from his messed up politics, he was a nice guy, and a damned good marine diesel tuner. My point being, few people are completely evil and few are completely pure of heart.

Edit: we were on a rig off Ghana and Inglorious Basterds was on the tube one evening. I enjoyed it a bit more than him. Lol!

Last edited by TomCanuck; 04-28-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:01 PM
Banned

I`m with Groucho Marx on this subject,"I would not belong to a club that would have me as a member"
Only reason I`m on this site is `cause you guys don't make show up every Sunday.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushmaster View Post
The KKK had a cross burning here in 1990....made pretty big news at the time. It was started by a guy who had moved here in the oilpatch, I think.....
I have done some research in the past on the Klan, and they call it a cross lighting, not burning. For what I read, they do that to illuminate the cross, kinda like a religious ceremony. It was in Provost that there is suppost to be an active group,and a grand wizard that lives there, that had a cross lighting ceremony, But that's only what a book said, so I could be wrong.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:46 PM

If there is an active group here, nobody (the public) has heard from then since 1990 !
Old 04-28-2013, 08:52 PM

I remember sometime around 1980 a fellow by the name of Louis Proctor was sworn in as the first black member of the KKK in Alberta. A picture of Proctor and the Grand Wizzard in full wizard attire appeared in either the Herald or the Sun.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=6719,1397385
Old 04-28-2013, 11:03 PM
Banned

Well, this is the facebook page for the last grand wizard for the alberta KKK and he only has 1 friend.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/tearlach...arsoin/friends

This page seems to say that he is more an imposter of sorts, there's a better word I'm sure,, but read through it and he sounds like the fairy godmother of creeps.

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index...&topic=1042.20
Old 04-28-2013, 11:15 PM
Banned

Doug Christie of Western Front just croaked and was friends with a very financially secure, jew hating, holocaust denier in Calgary by the name of George Kreuzer out in Springbank/Calgary. They had a vision for separation that was borderline fascism, free speech for some, censorship for others.

There is a big drilling firm in Alberta, that had an internal executive policy that kept certain "groups" of employees from never being promoted and/or terminated if various tasks/deadlines weren't met. Or rather, tasks/deadlines that could never be met. Thus allowing the "right" people to advance in company ranks and big oil society, while smudging out the "them's".

I think this is where such alliances exist, not only in Alberta but everywhere. Singapore openly has such social policies as law.

At least with a group, you know and can see them,,, but when they get out of membership circles and into the workplace, well anyways.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Andersen View Post
Got a book on the KKK in Alberta. Author contends that the Government of Alberta was defeated by the Clan, if I recall correctly, in the '30's
Is there a parallel between the thinking of some folks west of Manitoba and the clans beliefs?
We are, after all, products of our families physical, religious and political beliefs. Do some of those beliefs still linger in Alberta?

Makes one wonder.

Don
Makes me wonder if this isn't a bit of a troll post Don...
Old 04-29-2013, 12:01 AM

I'm sure the Clan exists or it simply morphed into Neo -nazis, skinheads or other White Supremacist groups....we have banned several from this board and I am sure there are others here that share the ideology
Old 04-29-2013, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gust View Post

There is a big drilling firm in Alberta, that had an internal executive policy that kept certain "groups" of employees from never being promoted and/or terminated if various tasks/deadlines weren't met. Or rather, tasks/deadlines that could never be met. Thus allowing the "right" people to advance in company ranks and big oil society, while smudging out the "them's".
By chance do you have some type of proof of this?

Or is it just hot air meant to slight the oil and gas industry or create rumors about Albertan drilling company(s).

Pretty substantial accusation. "Big drilling firm" with racist & bigoted "internal executive policy". This claim better have a bit more detail than the facts that they are from Alberta and are involved in drilling.

What a load of male bovine excrement.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeze View Post
By chance do you have some type of proof of this?

Or is it just hot air meant to slight the oil and gas industry or create rumors about Albertan drilling company(s).

Pretty substantial accusation. "Big drilling firm" with racist & bigoted "internal executive policy". This claim better have a bit more detail than the facts that they are from Alberta and are involved in drilling.

What a load of male bovine excrement.
Actually, I wrote "had", it may have changed and one day if I'm so inclined I may write more on the subject/company.

And, it's not a slight to companies just a company, directors and stakeholders change as well as policy.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Actually, I wrote "had", it may have changed and one day if I'm so inclined I may write more on the subject/company.

And, it's not a slight to companies just a company, directors and stakeholders change as well as policy.
Ahh, not enough hot air to pay the libel settlement - I understand.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Ahh, not enough hot air to pay the libel settlement - I understand.
A ton of folk on AO work for the company,, and -as mentioned- "HAD" is the key word not "HAS". In time, should I want to publish the who and the what of it I will and with no fear of libel.

But, do you honestly think that all companies in the O&G industry are big comfy melting pots and group hugs with a rainbow flag waving high on the mast?
Old 04-29-2013, 12:51 AM

Quote:

But, do you honestly think that all companies in the O&G industry are big comfy melting pots and group hugs with a rainbow flag waving high on the mast?
and the dull axe reveals itself.

If you want to talk about what you perceive to be racism in Alberta's Oil and Gas industry start a new thread. Not taking the bait this time!
Old 04-29-2013, 01:06 AM
Banned

Quote:

If you want to talk about what you perceive to be racism in Alberta's Oil and Gas industry start a new thread. Not taking the bait this time!
No, it's fitting in this thread.

Move the club out of the clubhouse and into the workplace.

Racism exists in ALL workplaces, I gave an example (without mentioning the name of the company) of how a policy was put in place that worked better at attaining "its vision" than could be attained as a group or a club.

It happens in other forms, MEC going to bed with anti-hunting groups.

Would it be so shocking to discover that maybe some company policies are pretty nasty?
Old 04-29-2013, 01:15 AM
Banned

Quote:

Right.
There are no biggots in the oil and gas business.
They are EVERYWHERE else but not in the oil and gas business...

Got it.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:32 AM
Banned

There are loony toons in all walks of life. I don't imagine that there'd be fewer or more in any given industry whether it be oil & gas or construction. I honesty don't think that it's a big issue throughout Alberta. There are bigots and race haters but I don't think that they are an organized group like the KKK are/were.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:07 AM

Quote:
No, it's fitting in this thread.

Move the club out of the clubhouse and into the workplace.

Racism exists in ALL workplaces, I gave an example (without mentioning the name of the company) of how a policy was put in place that worked better at attaining "its vision" than could be attained as a group or a club.

It happens in other forms, MEC going to bed with anti-hunting groups.

Would it be so shocking to discover that maybe some company policies are pretty nasty?
I do not believe that it exists in all work places. Company I am with in the oilfield industry is extremely culturally diverse, with zero tolerance for prejudices about race, sexual preference, religion or sports teams.
Your judged solely on the merit of your work.
They have gone to great lengths to make sure it's a safe and comfortable work place for everyone.
Just last year a new hire made a joke about "3 black guys" and was clearing out his locker within an hour.

Racism and other prejudices only exist on our work places if we allow it.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:15 AM

Default Still on topic ....no eh.

Again I didn't see any thing in the article Don posted ,that said racism,

That's illegal ,in Canada , Interesting ,not much changes ,they were

Fighting against the evil Trudeaumania ,same Today .... The words

Klu Klux Klan is derived from the Greek word ,Krystos , means

Brotherhood ....lot of reading between the lines.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngiant View Post
Even the honourable General "Stonewall" Jackson (founding memeber of the KKK) denounced that organization after its wayward activities and motives started taking place.
He retired a school teacher.

Even General Lee said if he had to do it all over....he would NOT have faught the confederate war. It was a huge meaningless waste of human life.
All due respect but, General Jackson was killed at Chancellorsville May 2nd, 1863. The first KKK was formed in 1865 with Nathen Bedford Forrest being the first Wizzard. That maybe who you were thinking of.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesky672 View Post
Makes me wonder if this isn't a bit of a troll post Don...
Pesky,

If you mean trolling for info - trolling it is. I wondered of others on this board had seen/heard/experienced any Clan activities.

Looks like some have an interest.

regards,

Don
Old 04-29-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronk View Post
If there was no history there, and I knew nothing about the KKK, on this add alone, I would think they are a group of stand up guys, and would consider if I were a man of god.....
I quite agree. I was really surprised reading that as well. It seems actually quite credible, with the exception of the racial purity thing. I wonder if this was written only to allow them to be incorporated legally in Alberta, then when you join their real mandate is revealed?
Old 04-29-2013, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Pesky,

If you mean trolling for info - trolling it is. I wondered of others on this board had seen/heard/experienced any Clan activities.

regards,

Don
Don I was working on a track loader for a customer and he had one of his operators helping me do work on the unit and after a few days working together we were chatting quite a bit. He told me that he was at a West Edmonton bar drinking and met a fellow who was an active member of the KKK. He was given a business card that had an image of the hooded KKK member that we all picture in our heads. He showed it to me because I didn't believe him. He had no interest of joining but had kept it as it was so weird and we chatted all day about never having any idea that they even existed North of "the mason dixon line". I was quite blown away by this, that happened in March of this year.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Pesky,

regards,

Don
I meant that your posts read like a very carefully worded recruitment poster.

Otherwise I should think its obvious that such sentiments linger.

Completely ignoring the fact that you have a book written specifically about the Klan in Alberta....
All you have to do is search the news to determine that bigotry is as alive and well here as anywhere else.
There have been numerous references to marches and neo-nazi activities in Alberta over the last few years.
Google it.
All sorts of references come up... and many leading to organizations that study such activities.

Last edited by Big Daddy Badger; 04-29-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:36 AM

pesky672,

Always amazes me how things on the internet get "played out"

Nope - I am not recruiting for the Aryan Nations or KKK.

Just curious if others see some parallel between the thinking of some folks in the west and our [meaning born and raised west of Manitoba] past history.

The book I got says that the Grand Poobah lives in Calgary. Not sure if the info is current.

NB - I also an interested in other western Canadian History. Finished re-reading "Where the River brought them" see: http://www.davidthompsonthings.com/newbook.html

Next is a re-read of the Last Spike By Burton - see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Sp...fic_Railway%29

And for a taste of the Alberta before my grandfather arrived see: John Ware's Cow Country by Macewan http://books.google.ca/books/about/J...oC&redir_esc=y
This is a great read. My wife and I owned land with 1/2 mile of Ware's Cabin.

History generally forecasts both the present and future of most places.

regards,

Don
Old 04-29-2013, 09:57 AM

The book I got says that the Grand Poobah lives in Calgary. Not sure if the info is current. Quote.

Not talking about "Tearlach Maca Pheorson" , are you ? Sounds like he's changed coats a few times in his life.

http://thetruthabouttearlach.org/

Grizz
Old 04-29-2013, 01:34 PM

I saw a cross lighting about 10 years ago coming back from hunting just outside Sundre, kind of creepy. I didn't know that about Alberta, thought it was just a "Southern" thing, but I am pretty naive sometime.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesky672 View Post
Right.
There are no biggots in the oil and gas business.
They are EVERYWHERE else but not in the oil and gas business...

Got it.
Can you quote me when I said that?

I was pointing out Gustav's obvious & off topic axe to grind with Oil & Gas in Alberta.

Keep up Pesky, too much CBC is not good for ones mind!
Old 04-29-2013, 02:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Can you quote me when I said that?

I was pointing out Gustav's obvious & off topic axe to grind with Oil & Gas in Alberta.

Keep up Pesky, too much CBC is not good for ones mind!
No axe grinding here. And, it's not off topic.