Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2012, 02:22 PM

Default 50 hp merc help

Bought a lund rebel ss 1650 last year. Thing ran great on the coast. The voltage regulator gave out on it so i replaced it. engine still ran good. It seems to be sluggish now. with 2 people it takes a while to get up to RPM, with 3 it won't get on plane at all. From what i've read max rpm should be 6000 rpm, i can barely get 5000 out of it now. It's got a 13 degree pitch prop on it, from what i could figure out with the mercury website it should have a 10 or 11. Ive changed all the plugs, fuel filter, leg oil and engine oil. The leg oil looked good and same with the engine. It doesnt run rough at all. I also just changed the primer ball and fuel line just incase they were gunked up. It is EFI so there is no carb to be plugged up. Is there a marine specific injector cleaner i should run through it? Should i change the prop even though it worked fine last summer on the coast? I have included a couple pics of what appears to be missing lines of some sort. The one looks like it should be sensing engine manifold pressure as compared to atmospheric pressure. The other looks like it could be used to sense atmospheric pressure vs fuel pressure? Any help with this would be great guys. I will have to take it out and GPS it but once im on plane i run around 25 mph but i have to be WOT. Me and my wife were cruising on the ocean at 30mph last summer at WOT.
Thanks for any input you can give. I wish it was a truck so i could just put a CAI on with with a set of headers and a programmer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0876.JPG (145.0 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0875.jpg (79.2 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0874.JPG (130.2 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0873.jpg (79.4 KB, 92 views)