Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-09-2013, 10:04 AM

Default Pfluger vs Mitchell Reels

I am looking for some feed back on some reels. I am going on a fly in fishing trip and am stuck between a couple reels. I am looking at a Pfluger Trion and a Mitchell Avocet. Not looking to spend a big amount, around the $50 range. I am needing a reel for big pike and want a spincast reel, not a baitcast. Reviews have been good on both of these reels, just wondering what guys thought about them for big pike. I want something with a good drag, smooth cast, smooth retrieve and something that is reliable. Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:08 AM
Banned

I have had a pfluger president for 2 years works like a charm. paid around $80 now they are worth around 40 bucks. I have no idea about the mitchell though
Old 08-09-2013, 10:09 AM

I have Pflueger Trion Fly reel and I absolutely love it... bought with Ralphbucks and have not had a single issue with it...So gives you an idea of how long I had it!..
Old 08-09-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella View Post
I am looking for some feed back on some reels. I am going on a fly in fishing trip and am stuck between a couple reels. I am looking at a Pfluger Trion and a Mitchell Avocet. Not looking to spend a big amount, around the $50 range. I am needing a reel for big pike and want a spincast reel, not a baitcast. Reviews have been good on both of these reels, just wondering what guys thought about them for big pike. I want something with a good drag, smooth cast, smooth retrieve and something that is reliable. Thanks for the help in advance.
I have a pflueger president and a mitchell avocet. Obviously the pflueger is my favored pick of the two, however the mitchell, being half price, has performed outstandingly well. and I also like the rear drag system instead of on the top of the reel (even though it doesnt really matter to me). that being said I cant comment on the quality of the trion although my friend has one and I can vouch that is is extremely smooth and a nice little reel! I'd say either one of those is a good bet, really.