Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-07-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
Lotsa stuff to choose from and I tried many,but I never steered away from the nosler partition.They get it done ,pure and simple.
X2...Never had second thoughts with a partition in 270
Old 10-08-2017, 08:48 AM

All but one of my elk (cows and bulls) were taken with Barnes TSX’s or TTSX’s. I did kill one bull with a Nosler partition. I don’t care what the naysayers say about Barnes bullets. I have killed enough game with them, large and small, to know they work. Partitions are just as good. If you are hunting large game such as elk and moose, you should be using a stout bullet. Use a frangible bullet on large heavy game if you insist but your chances of having a failure (especially at close range) are greatly increased. I have read enough garbage on here and other forums by those who insist that a bullet is a bullet is bullet. These folks claim it doesn’t matter what you shoot. In many instances it may not. But to say all bullets are created equal is but so much wishful thinking. When hunting light framed animals such as deer or pronghorn a frangible bullet makes more sense. I got tired of sighting my gun in for different loads and went to a 140 gr. TSX in my .280 and have taken everything from pronghorn to moose without problems.