Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-04-2017, 07:16 PM

Fit is very important for accuracy and consistency.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flint&Fly Guy View Post
So I found a used bps for a good price and tried that, it alas it seems I can't hit a thing with it! I was very much impressed by its quality and function, I also love the bottom eject. But all that is moot if I can't smash clays and down birds.
My next gun I'm trying is a Browning Citori Superlight, if I can hit good with it I may keep it, but the price is high enough that I may move it along no matter how well I like it.
I'm curious how different the fit of a Remington 870 would be? Also, I ponder whether the 350$ I would gain from going to a used wing master from the used citori would be worth it if I can hit well with either?
So many things to ponder and take into consideration in the search for ones perfect gun! In light of these factors as they play into my original questions let's keep the public musing on quality Shotgun options flowing.

PS. Despite my difficulty in finding the right Shotgun I believe there must be one as I have just recently found my perfect rimfire! (For now, lol)
If a shotgun doesn't fit the shooter, he will not shoot it to potential . Anyone that is knowledgeable about shotguns won't choose one , until they have verified that it fits them. The only exception, is if the price is so good, they are buying it to sell for a profit, rather than to shoot it.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:42 PM

Well, I figure even if I just break even I can buy and sell shotguns, shuffling through the different options until I find a good one that fits. Then, if I want, I can buy a new one like my favourite knowing that I've tried it out.
That's the reason I put in the qualification that I don't want to buy a new gun, just used for now.
Anybody know from experience which of the good quality guns would have a significantly different fit then the browning bps? Or are they all different enough to be worth trying?
Old 10-04-2017, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Well, I figure even if I just break even I can buy and sell shotguns, shuffling through the different options until I find a good one that fits. Then, if I want, I can buy a new one like my favourite knowing that I've tried it out.
That's the reason I put in the qualification that I don't want to buy a new gun, just used for now.
Anybody know from experience which of the good quality guns would have a significantly different fit then the browning bps? Or are they all different enough to be worth trying?
The fit varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, and model to model. That being said, Browning and Beretta are generally quite different. Then again, not being able to hit flying targets is not always the result of a poor fitting gun.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:15 AM

Agree that any gun must "fit" you. Pick it up and put it to your shoulder. How does it feel. Personally I am happy with my Winchester Wingmaster 12 ga. It is a gun you will have for a life time.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:28 AM

Default I Found It!

I tried out my Citori Superlight yesterday. I think I'll be keeping it! It's got all the quality I want plus I'm back to my normal hit rate!
Old 10-07-2017, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmatei View Post
Agree that any gun must "fit" you. Pick it up and put it to your shoulder. How does it feel. Personally I am happy with my Winchester Wingmaster 12 ga. It is a gun you will have for a life time.
Gee all these years and I didn't realize Winchester made the Wingmaster.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashi View Post
Gee all these years and I didn't realize Winchester made the Wingmaster.
Neither did I.
Old 10-07-2017, 03:47 PM

Oops, My mistake. Let's try Remington Wingmaster, better?
Old 10-07-2017, 03:53 PM
Banned

Default nah the wingmasters ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
The 870 Express still uses a steel receiver, but the trigger group housing is not steel like the Wingmaster, it is a synthetic material.
have alum trigger groups - quality all arnd !
Old 10-08-2017, 07:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
I tried out my Citori Superlight yesterday. I think I'll be keeping it! It's got all the quality I want plus I'm back to my normal hit rate!
Glad you figured it out.