Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-05-2017, 01:20 PM
Banned

Default Is this excellent shape?

The ad said excellent shape, I'm guessing there was a little bit of exaggeration involved?

What do you guys think?

Guess what? He figures I got the better end of the deal but doesn't want to refund the money and take his excellent shape shotgun back.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:23 PM

that's a very long way from excellent....hopefully it's still in the other guys' hands and those are the pics he sent.

edit: just read the line under the pics.....that's sh!t!!! I would nearly say that's fraud
Old 10-05-2017, 01:26 PM

Looks more like fair condition.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:32 PM

Looks excellent if it was a gun stored behind a farmers truck/tractor seat. Otherwise fair condition would be more appropriate.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:35 PM

if it's 50 years old then I'd say it's in good shape. But excellent is subjective. I don't think there is really anything you can do. Does it operate well? If so, buff out the scratches and go hunting.

What did you pay for it? If you paid near new price, I'd be steamed. If you paid 30% of what a new one costs, quite yer griping.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:36 PM
Banned

I have a screen shot of the ad, first words are "Excellent shape".
Old 10-05-2017, 01:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
if it's 50 years old then I'd say it's in good shape. But excellent is subjective. I don't think there is really anything you can do. Does it operate well? If so, buff out the scratches and go hunting.

What did you pay for it? If you paid near new price, I'd be steamed. If you paid 30% of what a new one costs, quite yer griping.
It'll take more than just a little buffing and I paid nearly 50% of a new one.

Old 10-05-2017, 01:43 PM
Banned

Closer to poor as far as condition goes. Don't blame you for being upset.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:46 PM

yeah, it ain't anywhere near excellent. But alarm bells should have been ringing getting something in excellent condition for a 50% discount. But still, not excellent. Its why I've never bought anything site-unseen online that I couldn't return.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
It'll take more than just a little buffing and I paid nearly 50% of a new one.

At 50% off you can't expect to much but that is definitely not excellent shape. Bit more than a surface rust and some.kissing bluing. Pitted pretty good in this picture.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:10 PM

Did you ask or see any pictures before you sent your cash?

Always get as much Intel and info prior to sending your hard earned money to a complete stranger.

I'd like to hear what the seller tells you when you circle back with your complaint. He might not know his ear from his elbow....but then again. But still give the seller the option to make things right by you. If he doesn't there are ways of indicating your displeasure.

There are no absolutes
Old 10-05-2017, 02:28 PM

That qualifies as poor condition. No where near excellent. Scratches and dents in the wood and untreated rust is not even worthy of a Fair rating. If this guy won't refund you then post the big negative review on him. I would also be pretty inclined to do a face to face with him if he was within a 300 mile trip one way. Depending on how you paid you could try "Consumer Fraud", it allows the bank a fair amount of latitude on returning/revoking payments.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Did you ask or see any pictures before you sent your cash?

Always get as much Intel and info prior to sending your hard earned money to a complete stranger.

I'd like to hear what the seller tells you when you circle back with your complaint. He might not know his ear from his elbow....but then again. But still give the seller the option to make things right by you. If he doesn't there are ways of indicating your displeasure.
He said it was in excellent shape, sent pics with a good angle and left out the damaged areas.

He said the gun is in great shape and that I got the better end of the deal. Then he said sorry if you got buyers remorse!

Ha! When I told him if he figures he didn't rip me off, and if he figures I got the better end of the deal, then surely he should have no issue taking it back.

I honestly wouldn't feel bad about strapping this gun to the rack of a quad with bungy cords, and this idiot says it's in excellent shape!!!
Old 10-05-2017, 02:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
That qualifies as poor condition. No where near excellent. Scratches and dents in the wood and untreated rust is not even worthy of a Fair rating. If this guy won't refund you then post the big negative review on him. I would also be pretty inclined to do a face to face with him if he was within a 300 mile trip one way. Depending on how you paid you could try "Consumer Fraud", it allows the bank a fair amount of latitude on returning/revoking payments.
I'll look into that consumer fraud, i have enough proof to show his ad was fraudulent.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:40 PM

Quote:
He said it was in excellent shape, sent pics with a good angle and left out the damaged areas.

He said the gun is in great shape and that I got the better end of the deal. Then he said sorry if you got buyers remorse!

Ha! When I told him if he figures he didn't rip me off, and if he figures I got the better end of the deal, then surely he should have no issue taking it back.

I honestly wouldn't feel bad about strapping this gun to the rack of a quad with bungy cords, and this idiot says it's in excellent shape!!!
Try to get your money back.
Don't be scared to leverage your advantage through indications that you will post negative feedback if he doesn't.

You could always get Ken Vette on the case as well

There are no absolutes
Old 10-05-2017, 02:43 PM

Ouch, with the amount of used guns I go through I'm scared I'll hit one of those tho sooner or later. Please keep us informed on the actions you Perdue and their results.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:00 PM

Misleading adds!! Seller knows that is not even close to good condition never mind excellent. Is there much a guy can do once seller has your cash?

Buyer beware?
Old 10-05-2017, 03:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Try to get your money back.
Don't be scared to leverage your advantage through indications that you will post negative feedback if he doesn't.

You could always get Ken Vette on the case as well
I tried all that, except for Ken. He figures it's better to take the money and run than ever sell on the forum again I guess. He lied in his ad, then refused to refund the money and take his crow bar back. The last thing this forum needs is a seller like that. I'm just glad I never lost more money than what I did.

I'm waiting to find out if I can post his ad with the top cut out of the pic to keep his name out, but I'll gladly tell anyone who wants to know.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flint&Fly Guy View Post
Ouch, with the amount of used guns I go through I'm scared I'll hit one of those tho sooner or later. Please keep us informed on the actions you Perdue and their results.
I've done so many deals with so many members on this forum and this is the first dishonest member I have encountered. Hopefully the last!
Old 10-05-2017, 03:06 PM
Banned

Well well well. Let's tell the whole story here.

The gun is in excellent shape. Or at least was when it left my house. I sold it to you for $400 which was $100 off asking price. It's a timeless gun that will last generations.

That's clearly two guns you're taking picture off. The small rust on the top is negligible and the puts is not the gun i sold. As stated, it was more than fair to you. Have a good day

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2017, 03:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC68 View Post
Well well well. Let's tell the whole story here.

The gun is in excellent shape. Or at least was when it left my house. I sold it to you for $400 which was $100 off asking price. It's a timeless gun that will last generations.

That's clearly two guns you're taking picture off. The small rust on the top is negligible and the puts is not the gun i sold. As stated, it was more than fair to you. Have a good day

I'm so glad you showed up.

THEN TAKE IT BACK IF ITS SO GREAT!

I will gladly send it back to you.

I'll take pics with the serial number to prove it's the same beat up shotgun!!!
Old 10-05-2017, 03:15 PM
Banned

Pic you sent me

Pic I just took 2hrs after it arrived

I wouldn't go through the trouble of putting false serial numbers on a beat up shotgun!!!

We haven't told the whole story yet, but I'm hoping you'll stick around so we can.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Pic you sent me

I wouldn't go through the trouble of putting false serial numbers on a beat up shotgun!!!

We haven't told the whole story yet, but I'm hoping you'll stick around so we can.
Jesus that 2nd pic though. Thats terrible. Your supposed to carry your gun to your hunting sight. Not drag it behind the truck then call it "excellent condition" ...
Old 10-05-2017, 03:25 PM

Default Rem

From the description of the gun model in the ad, I would have walked away.

At least you actually got a Wingmaster Magnum and not an Express. Always make sure you get full and complete pictures before you buy.

WTS Remington Magnum Wingmaster Express 870
Excellent shape, pump shot gun that will never die. Comes with adjustable chock on the barrel (C , M, F). Asking $500 OBO
Old 10-05-2017, 03:30 PM
Banned

Well since we couldn't just return things like any decent man would do, it seems all is not lost. Another member has forwarded me some information as to how I can recover my money when the other party is not willing. I took a screen shot of the add and description given in the add before it gets deleted and have the pictures that were later sent to me via text.

It really is too bad things had to go this way.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:38 PM
Banned

Not sure what you did to said gun but sure didn't look like that when it left and I have pictures of the whole gun.

Old 10-05-2017, 03:41 PM

Old 10-05-2017, 03:45 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Pic you sent me

The first pic shows the rust bump on top of the barrel.

Time to nut up BenC68

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 10-05-2017, 03:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Not sure what you did to said gun but sure didn't look like that when it left and I have pictures of the whole gun.

Are you serious!!!!

Lol, ya Ben, I rusted and scratched the gun you sent me in the 5 minutes it took me to contact you after it was delivered in the mail today.

I bought the gun because I wanted a wingmaster in excellent shape, scratching it up and making it rust was definitely not part of the plan!!!
Old 10-05-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:

If you have more pictures let's see them! I can definitely see the rust on top the rifle in the original picture.