Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-06-2017, 01:21 PM
Banned

You done got ripped off.

Bad BenC.........BAD!

Give him his money back and remove yourself from this forum.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:04 PM

I'm sorry that happened to you Kurt. Some people out there just amaze me.

I just wish that Karma comes around to bite these guys one day and someone decides to pursue legal action resulting criminal prosecution.

Criminal prosecution can result in the inability to travel outside the country, the refusal of same basic privileges, employment opportunities, etc...

I guess if the loss of your credibility and integrity as a person is worth less than a few hundred bucks ...... and you don't mind a criminal record, and all the complications that brings to your life .... there's nothing I can say to rationalize this.

I am truly crestfallen by this guy.

What a star.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:46 PM

Really Ben?

You shipped it and it was pristine and it somehow got all rusted and scratched in a couple of days. Lol Better yet you misrepresented the condition of the gun by ALOT and rip off Kurt but you don't stop there you imply that he intentionally damaged a gun that he already payed for.

Just MAN up. Do the RIGHT thing and refund his money. Do you really feel like you were upfront about this? That you acted honourably? Come on 😆

Sorry that you got scammed Kurt.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 10-06-2017, 03:56 PM

One less person I'll ever buy something from on here.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:24 PM

Damn,I almost bought that.

For shame
Old 10-06-2017, 04:36 PM
Banned

He knew it was scratched and rusted before he shipped it, and he figures because it's old I should be happy. He came on here and just lied about it.

Here is our texts:

Old 10-06-2017, 04:44 PM

Unbelievable the lack of character some people have. I hope you get this resolved. That is advertising deception at its finest.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJalberta View Post
Unbelievable the lack of character some people have. I hope you get this resolved. That is advertising deception at its finest.
Yes, and hopefully BenC gets banned.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:17 PM

Maybe if everybody just lays off for a bit and end this thread he can quietly do what he knows is right and refund or come to a satisfactory solution.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:18 PM
Banned

...and then we can have a group hug.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:26 PM

Ben C68 obviously has no integrity and really should be ashamed of himself for deceiving a fellow forum member like this. He was clearly aware of the scratches and the rust; though he failed to mention any of that in his ad. He stated that he believed that Kurt got the better end of the deal. If he honestly believes that to be true, then he would be more than happy to refund the $400 and have the gun shopped back to him; so he could sell it for the $500 he feels that it is worth.

For many people, their good name and reputation is worth everything to them. Apparently others are willing to soil it for 400 bucks. Karma works both ways and I believe that a very successful hunting season is in store for Kurt.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
Yes, and hopefully BenC gets banned.
I hope he doesn't and instead gets to stay and learn how to do things better. I ahree with the comment to let this lay for a while and see if things work out with some time to reflect and calm down.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC68 View Post
Not sure what you did to said gun but sure didn't look like that when it left and I have pictures of the whole gun.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Let's see those pictures Ben we're waiting.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:45 PM

I think we should stop before this turns to online bullying....
Old 10-06-2017, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
I think we should stop before this turns to online bullying....
Nothing like a good ole lynch mob once in a while as long as it’s justified!

Same sort of class as Chris G. That has been around ripping people off for years and years.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:38 PM

Default Raw Deal.

You can easily see the imperfections in the first picture once you zoom in on it and compare it to the second picture. I would grade that as a barn gun for skunks.
Cuz that deal stinks!
Old 10-06-2017, 08:03 PM
Banned

I don't see Ben stepping up any time soon. I'm reserved to the fact that I'll just have a beater gun. I don't think much else needs to be said.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:50 AM

For sale.

New 2017 Remington 30/06 in "Mint" condition,,, (Meaning that the crappy factory bluing has faded away under a blanket of rust since "I," neglected to properly keep it oiled.)

This rifle has 20 rounds down the barrel from new,,, (by the end of the first week it launched 400 plus rounds,,, close to 1500 after 5 months. Better not say any thing about the 7 over loaded cartrages that turned into hot flashes in the chamber when the brass split open.)

This rifle has been well looked after,,,, ( not worth mentioning that it fell out of a airplane on take off and skilled down the run-way at 200 mpr. Or that it got trampled by a bunch of pack horses this fall.)

The stock is in excellent condition from the pictures I'm sending you, (I hope I don't slip up and send the ones showing the cracked stock along with the scuffs, scrapes and the chunk that's missing when the porcupine chewed the fore arm off.)

I paided $799 for this rifle new, but am willing to sell it for $1200,,, (better not say anything about the bent barrel and the stripped out base screw holes. The buyer dosen't need to know that it slipped out of my hands sheep hunting as this rifle tumbled down the mountain side 2200 meters ending up in the river.)

I only used this rifle a few times since new,,, (should I mention in my add that the family used it more than me as it road around in the back of a truck box all winter,,, not 100% sure how long the Quad parked on top of it.)

Will consider all reasonable offers apon sale, by customer satisfaction only,,, (best not let them know that once I get their cash that the sale is final.) LOL

Maybe I can take a $100 off the asking price,,, nope,,, better off making this peace of crap sound like a once in a life time deal. Ha.

Can't wait to practic my buyer bewear skills...

I'm wize enough and smart enough,,, and I like my self.

Don
Old 10-07-2017, 09:56 AM
Banned

I've got the gun stripped down and I'm on my way to pick up a bluing kit. I can't stand to look at the rust any longer. I'll update a little later with some pics.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:02 AM
Banned

Default prolly - less expensive to just buy another one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
The barrel is 24-1/2" to where it's attached and the bead is on the choke so once the choke is gone, so is the sight bead.

If anyone in the Edmonton area can give me a price on what it would take to fix this gun up for me I'd appreciate it. It'll need that rust removed as best as possible, the scratches in the stock fixed up and the poly choke removed and barrel threaded for removable chokes. Oh ya, and a sight bead installed.
sorry to hear -- yes it's morons like this that ruin everyone's day
Old 10-07-2017, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC68 View Post
Not sure what you did to said gun but sure didn't look like that when it left and I have pictures of the whole gun.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Let's see these pics, who knows maybe it was stored poorly by what ever company shipped it, in which case there is a big misunderstanding and a insurance claim can be made! Clearly it is not in excellent condition!
Old 10-07-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morinj View Post
Let's see these pics, who knows maybe it was stored poorly by what ever company shipped it, in which case there is a big misunderstanding and a insurance claim can be made! Clearly it is not in excellent condition!
Check the first page for the pics, NO WAY that much rust blistering could happen in that short a time.
Cat
Old 10-07-2017, 11:33 AM

Lol I know Cat just fishing for the pics, and at the same time trying to be diplomatic! I would really love to see his pics, but not pics that are 20 years old. I honestly don't believe they exist!
Old 10-07-2017, 12:03 PM

I'm glad Kurt put up this thread.

It's a reminder to those that shop on line to gather as much info as possible before the exchange of hard earned cash.

There are folks out there that can't be trusted waiting to catch the next person they can,,, so let's be wise to these clowns and not be fouled by their crap.

Gun Nutz and Lens Long Range Shooting "and" hunting forums both have threads on clowns taking full advantage of the honest hard working men and women of our America's.

Shame on them for this,,, I now know of one person named BenC68 to stay clear of.

Don

Last edited by Don_Parsons; 10-07-2017 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-07-2017, 02:04 PM
Banned

Just working on it now, been at it a few hours. I won't be able to do anything about the pitting, but it's coming along!

Old 10-07-2017, 02:15 PM

Now it looks alot better .
Old 10-07-2017, 03:20 PM

Just a thought.

My 30/06 PRS Bush Hog might see this since it seems to correct iron blemishes.

The Remington Long Range's come factory with a chity black matt finish that rusts fast.

Our shop has an adjustable grade bead blaster that will be used to put the "real" exterior pitted finish on the rifle, then I'm considering the Canadian armed forces army green Matt finish,,, if I recall,,, there are many colours to choose from.

All in flat non glistening that is.

Black, Green, Brown, White, and even Pink if that sails your boat.

Any-Who,,, its only a suggestion as you choose on what your after.

I'm finding out this week on how this coating goes on since it needs to last, and remain there till the barrel is burnt off. Ha.

We're pretty lucky these days since there are many options to choose from,,, most are frugal priced if we do the work our selves.

Don
Old 10-07-2017, 03:30 PM

Great job so far! I'm looking forward to the end results. Are you going to refinish the stock as well? It's very easy to do with a little patience and elbow grease.
Old 10-07-2017, 03:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Feather View Post
Great job so far! I'm looking forward to the end results. Are you going to refinish the stock as well? It's very easy to do with a little patience and elbow grease.
Ya I'm planning on trying to get the scratches out. I'm just letting the blueing cure in an oil coating right now, it should be good in about an hour.

Old 10-07-2017, 04:05 PM

Soon it will look excellent!