Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-11-2017, 06:56 PM

Default delete

Handled one this afternoon. Spacing on the stock around the barrel was clearly wider than the other side. And holy molly for plastic. Even a molded plastic trigger guard. Positives I thought were the safety, mag set up & decent recoil pad. For me it would take some getting used to. Wondering who out there has has one & what your experience has been.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:05 PM

I really hope we are talking about the cheeper Kimber hunter here? If you dont like plastic, look at the Montana or you can handle Kimbers with wood stocks as well. Everyone Ive put my hands on has been a really nice rifle.
I just wish they would make the Montana with a floor plate.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:14 PM

Default Kimber hunter

For the money, they are excellent. Same action, barrel etc as the montana.
My Hunter model creedmoor shoots really well. I didnt like the fact that it only will accomodate 3 rounds in the magazine and I was not able to have one in the chamber and 3 below. A personal thing. I put mine into a take off wood stock and it still shoots the same.

I have 2 Mountain Ascents, 2 Montanas and the Hunter. If the Hunter had been available before, I would have a hard time justifying the extra cost of the Mountain Ascents. They all shoot. I would buy a Hunter in whatever caliber, find a suitable stock for my tastes, take the barrel and action to a good gunsmith and mill off whatever to get the weight down, way cheaper that the Mountain Ascent.

Terry