Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-10-2014, 11:04 PM

We had 2 very aggressive dogs in our small neighborhood at one point. Owner wouldn't listen to bylaw about locking them up. They would chase joggers, cornered a little girl one day. Well they attacked me and my dog when we were out for a run one day. They got the poopy end of the stick in that battle.

Anyways, a week later they must have never had a good enough whoopin from us already, they were on the other side of our fence harassing my dog.

I went outside, got them close enough and unleashed a full can of bearspray point blank to their faces. I watched them run to the house they lived in, yelping the whole way. And yes they ran right inside the owners house.

Never saw those dogs again

If it came to it I would have killed the things no problem. I always carry a knife when walking on trails or in the bush from now on.

Sad thing is, its normally not the dogs fault with how they were brought up, it is the owners
Old 03-10-2014, 11:20 PM

The property in question isn't in 'town' per se, anyway, It's on the outskirts. At least 150-200m to the next occupied dwelling.

And Fox Lake, actually, close to Tall Cree but even more remote

-Billy Currington (People are crazy)

Currently retired from hunting due to injury, but looking to get back on the wagon in 2020. Up in Yellowknife and missing my Alberta home big time.

This is the kind of thinking we are up against, vote Conservative this election!

Full Thread: https://imgur.com/a/y7RARBC
Old 03-10-2014, 11:46 PM

Friends of mine shot the neighbours dog three times over the years. They are out past Barrhead. They told the neighbor a number of times to keep the dog off the property as it was harassing and killing some livestock.

The dog hops up with three legs and one eye and all scarred up and I asked what happened to him and got that story. They said since he didn't die they figured that it deserves to live. Seems to have tamed it down quite a bit as well.

I'd try a couple of more times to talk since I'm a fan of dogs but if that doesn't work then it's not like you didn't try.

Just read the full story. Plug those things
Old 03-10-2014, 11:49 PM
Banned

My dog is part of my family. If any animal starts biting any of my family members it will be shot immediately. You cant just have dogs running around biting people. I have a golden retriever that I spent a lot of time training and socializing when she was young. She will never attack another dog. I like the fact that Im able to load her in the truck and take her anywhere in any situation and she will remain calm and peaceful. It took a lot of training and socialization with other dogs when she was young. The dog comes on all family trips and is usually the best behaved of the bunch.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:44 AM

We've gotten strays quite often, live next to a rez, but have never had problem strays. I've always given them benefit of doubt and usually they go away or I find the owner. but if they at all appear aggressive or disturb the livestock, let's just say I don't go outside unprepared.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:44 AM

Default Dogs running Astray

I love dogs in general but if the neighbours dogs come bothering the critters I will give them a warning shot ONCE. If they come back it's permanent dirt nap for fido. I would expect no less from my neighbours if my dogs were running astray and bugging their critters. County bylaw officer told me if your going to shoot someone's dog on your property make sure it stays on your property and doesn't run home wounded. Perfectly legal.