Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-02-2011, 11:25 AM

Default Custom rifle maker near Lethbridge?

Does anyone know of a good custom gunsmith who builds custom hunting rifles in the Lethbridge area?
Old 12-02-2011, 11:32 AM
sheephunter

If I was dropping the money on a custom rifle, geographical location is the last thing I'd worry about. It seems each custom guy has his specialties...what exactly are you looking at having built?
Old 12-02-2011, 11:33 AM

Default Custom Ride

If this is your idea of custom, I've got you covered.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hansolder[1].jpg (28.4 KB, 45 views)
Old 12-02-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
If I was dropping the money on a custom rifle, geographical location is the last thing I'd worry about. It seems each custom guy has his specialties...what exactly are you looking at having built?
Thanks sheephunter, I realize that. I've built custom rifles (and pistols) before and have had them built for me from a gunsiths all across the country. Just looking for someone in this particular area for a relative of mine simply for convenience (not to mention giving someone local the business). If there is someone located in southern Alberta (south of Edmonton), that would be great. If not, we'll look elsewhere.

The rifle will likely be built on a Rem 700 action (or custom Rem 700 clone) (or possibly a Husqvarna Carl Gustav action), McMillan Edge stock, stainless match barrel (Broughton, Krieger, PacNor, etc), jewell or timney trigger. Probably in 7mm Rem Mag. It will be designed as an accurate all weather hunting rifle used for pronghorn, deer and elk.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:46 PM

Give Dan a call at Hillbilly Arms in Nanton. Completion time is much better than RMR. He built a nice 700 for me two years ago, and it is a phenomenal shooter.