Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 01-23-2011, 07:17 PM

Smile youth bows

i am looking to buy a good youth compound bow to buy dose anyone have any suggestions or know someone that is selling one?
Old 01-23-2011, 07:28 PM

I know one youth who after his last growth spurt lately has possibly outgrown a youth Bear bow. I know he planned to sell it for about $200.00 when he did outgrow it, so he could look for a different bow that would fit him. If you are interested in me finding out more send a PM. The youth bows today are adjustable for lots of poundage range and draw lenght as well. Lets them grow with the bows. Most archery shops sell them.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:40 PM

How old, how tall? There are a lot of great bows on the market. Diamond "Nuclear Ice" for small shooters, say 5- 9 years. Look at Diamond, Mission or Bear for a shooters that are a bit older.

http://www.ferniergc.com/
Old 01-28-2011, 09:18 PM

I have an old browning that i used when i was young with champion sights whisker biscuit rest and quiver aswell as an assortment of arrows which could be cut down .

PM me if you like I'm asking $125
Old 01-31-2011, 03:15 PM

Default Mission bow by Mathews

I was at CAC on the weekend they had some of theses Mission bows there. i think they go from 22-30"and from 20-70lbs depending on draw length youve got it set at. I sure wish they made them back when I was buying my son bows for the ever growing kid this way one bow will take into adult basically. Thats my take on them anyhow but Im no expert
Old 01-31-2011, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrude1 View Post
I was at CAC on the weekend they had some of theses Mission bows there. i think they go from 22-30"and from 20-70lbs depending on draw length youve got it set at. I sure wish they made them back when I was buying my son bows for the ever growing kid this way one bow will take into adult basically. Thats my take on them anyhow but Im no expert
That would be the Mission Craze, I was looking at them with my 9 year old son as well. The adjustability is amazing. A bow that can definatly grow with a kid!! The price is over 500, a little steeper than some of the starter bows. A couple other bows that I have been looking at very hard for my son are the Diamond Razor Edge and the Fred Bear Apprentice. I am seriously leaning towards the Apprentice for my boys first bow. it adjusts from 20-50lbs and costs just over 300 for the package, very nice little bow. Going to be buying him one next year for his 11th B-day.

A word of advise for the OP if you find a youth bow second hand that you think looks good act fast, they dont last long.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:24 PM

ya i was looking at the bear apprentice but i found out that when you are at like a 25 draw lenth that you cant go down to like a 30 draw weight. the diamond bow is supposed to be a really good one.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:41 PM

My girlfriend got the Diamond Razor Edge and it is a nice bow. My daughter has a Browning rage and it's been a problem free bow for her too. She's had it 4 years now, but I don't think anyone around here handles them any more.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:00 PM

Has anyone looked at the Genesis? It has a pretty low draw weight and lots of length adjustment. I've seen them on eBay for under $200 (shipping included). Would like to know if they're worth the money.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:15 PM

I have a craze, its not necessarily a youth bow but the adjustability is incredible.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutshot View Post
Has anyone looked at the Genesis? It has a pretty low draw weight and lots of length adjustment. I've seen them on eBay for under $200 (shipping included). Would like to know if they're worth the money.
My kids all learned on a Genesis Pro (a lefty and a righty), great bows. My son has moved up to an Alpine now, and one of my daughters has a Diamond Edge (a beautiful bow!), and the other has a Diamond Nuclear Ice, also a really nice bow. Left hand Genesis is for sale, the righty is still in use by one of my girls.....at this point, if you are wondering how many girls I have, the answer is 4. Three of these are teenagers. Pray for me.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone