Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2007, 07:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Most importantly don't forget the effect that a 180" ram has an extreme effect on your minds ability to calculate for these variables when you have to shoot when your gasping for breath and your head, heart and nerves are going 10,000+ rpm, you think buck fever is bad, try sheep fever
Bushrat, i get this feeling when i have a whitetail buck i decide to take coming my way while in stand and everytime i have a called coyote in range...forget or are too afraid to breath...adrenaline making you feel like your about to spontaneously combust...yeah i know the feeling but i'm lucky in that i seem to have a good 'auto-pilot' when this is happening as i usually have to think about 'how did i pull that off?' and play it back in my mind afterwords as i certainly don't seem conscious about it at the time its all happening. For some reason though when i'm stalking muleys i don't get near as revved up...i get super focused and determined but the adrenaline thing isn't a factor really...must be a time related thing?

Time will tell if its worse on the sheep thing?

Nice gun depopulator!

Short Round, i understand your comments completely, this wouldn't be a dollar related purchase...purely a 'want' type purchase...i'd have to wait awhile too so i'm happy i have a tikka in .270 that shoots well and is 8 lbs without ammo. P.s. i bought some pretty top end gear for this mountain hunting stuff anyhow, want to be ultra capable and light on my back for the long daytrip type stuff...so fun to think about having a rifle totally dedicated to this is all...people have needed alot less reason than taking up a new critter to hunt to get a new rifle ya know.