Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 08-09-2012, 08:33 PM

Default Trappers Bbq & Trapping Demo Day

Where: Pihtokwe Campsite ; 2 km north of Drayton Valley Boston Pizza, across from golf course - west side of Highway 22.

What: Free Steaks and other BBQ items, Free Trapping supply draws, Womens draws, Kids weasel box / bird house building

What Continued: No less then 8 trapping demos, including:

Lynx snaring tricks
Free standing snares
Multiple canine sets
Floating Beaver set
Quick Marten set
Water sets Mink/Rat
Bait and Lure usage
and more...

When: Saturday, August 25th, 1 PM to Dark

Who is welcome: All Trappers and their families, friends, period!

Summary: This is the 3rd annual event. It is always held on the last Saturday in August at the same location. Our numbers continue to grow.. come join us for a great day of learning, visiting and fun. There will be at least 60 steaks on the bbq.... and burgers or chicken for the late comers! We have booked a few extra sites at the campground and will give them away to the couple of out of towners who sent me a message. These are unserviced - but very scenic sites near the events as shown above.

If you want a serviced / unserviced site at the campsite you can contact
Pihtokwe Campsite, 780-542-7080 for reservations. This is a pretty busy campground so try and book early if you are coming.

Once Again - No Charges, No fees.... just Drayton Valley Local Hospitality!!

Gary
Old 08-09-2012, 10:45 PM

Sounds like a blast Gary. I'd love to attend but hopefully will be deep in the Willmore.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:48 AM

Smile

We wouldn't miss it Gary, great trapping demo's, free steaks and so much more, last years events were awesome, with an excellent turn out, hats off to you guy's at the Drayton Local.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:07 PM

hi

my name is caleb and i am really intrested in learning about trapping etc as my hunting grounds up by cross lake are infested with coyotes. I dont have enough time or bullets to get them all so i d like to learn the ins and outs of trapping.
would if be okay if i came?
Old 08-15-2012, 04:10 PM

Default Sure - all Trappers / new Trappers welcome

Caleb: Of course you are welcome. We may try and sell you a $35 membership in Alberta Trappers Assoc. - but this will also qualify you for some great free trapping supply draws. You will also see some great Coyote trapping / snaring demos as well. You can talk to me at BBQ about ATA trapping courses etc., and we will help get you going.

Once again ... ALL TRAPPERS WELCOME.

Free Food - Free Draws - Great Trapping Demos

Drayton Valley ATA gift to all trappers in this great province.

See you there.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:44 PM

Default Reminder

Hey Guys,

Just a reminder so you don't miss it. It would be great to see everyone there, great food, great demo's, great people.

Hope to see you there!
Old 08-23-2012, 08:37 PM

Default Final YELL for trappers!

I pulled the trailer into the campground where the Trappers BBQ and Demo events will be. Just cleared out the shoreline along a Beaver Dam.. conviently only 30 meters from our BBQ epicenter. This will be our water set demo place for rats, mink and beaver. Hey if someone wants to do an Otter demo too -c'mon down!

See the start of the thread for what to expect at the event.

All trappers welcome, whether you are a current or past ATA member, a new trapper or just thinking about adding trapping to your skill set.

Special welcome goes out to all ATA locals - especially our neighbors in RMH, Edson, Edmonton, Sundre, Ft. Assiniboine, Hinton....

Another open welcome to the South Country Trappers... a bit of a trip- but we will work hard to make it worth your while

The D Valley ATA believes in Low Politics, No Grumbling, Good Fun and the best Trapping methods and networking possible

There is not many trappers out there... strength is in numbers. Lets help make the Fur Industry strong in Alberta. Forget about the DAO, other Locals who kind of aggravate you, Quotas too low, Trap Checks too short, Cabins too big and all the other "issues' and enjoy the reasons you got into trapping in THE FIRST PLACE!

See you at the BBQ !!
Old 08-24-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Godberson View Post

Another open welcome to the South Country Trappers... a bit of a trip- but we will work hard to make it worth your while

The D Valley ATA believes in Low Politics, No Grumbling, Good Fun and the best Trapping methods and networking possible
Thanks for that, Gary! Hubby and I can't make it but hopefully some other members will! Have fun!!

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!

Old 08-25-2012, 12:44 AM

Default Wish I could

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Godberson View Post
I pulled the trailer into the campground where the Trappers BBQ and Demo events will be. Just cleared out the shoreline along a Beaver Dam.. conviently only 30 meters from our BBQ epicenter. This will be our water set demo place for rats, mink and beaver. Hey if someone wants to do an Otter demo too -c'mon down!

See the start of the thread for what to expect at the event.

All trappers welcome, whether you are a current or past ATA member, a new trapper or just thinking about adding trapping to your skill set.

Special welcome goes out to all ATA locals - especially our neighbors in RMH, Edson, Edmonton, Sundre, Ft. Assiniboine, Hinton....

There is not many trappers out there... strength is in numbers. Lets help make the Fur Industry strong in Alberta. Forget about the DAO, other Locals who kind of aggravate you, Quotas too low, Trap Checks too short, Cabins too big and all the other "issues' and enjoy the reasons you got into trapping in THE FIRST PLACE!

See you at the BBQ !!
I was planning on going but had something come up. I hope you guys have a great event and looking forward to seeing a couple pictures. Man I wish I could make it!
Old 08-26-2012, 09:49 AM

Holy Cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a Day, great food, great fur displays, free draws, what a awesome job done by the Drayton ATA Local, I manage to capture on Video, some real secret canine sets, along with real live open water, muskrat, mink and beaver sets, I hope to show at the next Drayton local meeting.
Hats off to all you Guy's and thanks again.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scents View Post
Holy Cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a Day, great food, great fur displays, free draws, what a awesome job done by the Drayton ATA Local, I manage to capture on Video, some real secret canine sets, along with real live open water, muskrat, mink and beaver sets, I hope to show at the next Drayton local meeting.
Hats off to all you Guy's and thanks again.
Sounds like a great day! Well done DV local.

Was hoping I could get away from work but no luck. I'm working just west of DV.

Born to trap but have to work

Glad everyone had a great time maybe next time.

When is the next DV local meeting?

TEH
Old 08-26-2012, 11:27 AM

Default DV Local Meeting

Thanks for the videoing yesterday Scents!! It was a great day with a lot of great demo's, good food and a great group!

Our next Local meeting is October 17 at 7:00 PM at the West Country Oilfield Office / Drayton Valley (5108-51st) Entry is in the back.

We hope to see you at the next meeting, as we have a lot of great incentives for our local trappers!
Old 08-26-2012, 11:57 AM

Thanks Desert Eagle,
Got it in the day timer hope to be there

TEH
Old 08-26-2012, 08:26 PM

What a fantastic fun event! Great people, demos and food! Congratulations Gary, Greg, Chad, Jonah and the rest of the Drayton Valley ATA!! My family and I had a blast and are already looking forward to next year!